Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Finally getting the 4runner I bought

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally getting the 4runner I bought (now with pictures)

Well, after a few very busy weeks at work it will have slowed down enough that I'll be getting my 4runner finally. I was originally planning to fly out to San Diego to pick it up and drive it back but my dad decided he'd rather come out and visit so he's on his way here now (somewhere near the new mexico border). So tonight I'll have my 4runner finally about 3 weeks after buying it! I'll get pictures posted in a few days. My dad is in love with it already so I'd not be surprised if he bought one soon and showed up on the forums.

I'm so excited!

Last edited by Athansinis; 10-08-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:28 AM
Contributing Member

congratulations on your recent purchase! get used to spending many long hours at work to pay for all the mods youll end up doing! just remember, keep your priorities straight, WHEELING COMES FIRST!!

lee
Old 10-02-2005, 05:42 AM
Contributing Member

did you ever do anything to ur gsx?...congrats on the 4runner
Old 10-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by leebee
congratulations on your recent purchase! get used to spending many long hours at work to pay for all the mods youll end up doing! just remember, keep your priorities straight, WHEELING COMES FIRST!!

lee
Thanks! I'm used to 50-60 hour weeks as it is so no worries there. I'll probably not go too crazy with this anyway as it will also be a vehicle for climbing trips...I want to try to keep the gas mileage and reliability as high as possible. I'm thinking once I buy a house and have a garage finally I might pick up an older land cruiser for a project truck.

Originally Posted by northfacer581
did you ever do anything to ur gsx?...congrats on the 4runner
I did quite a bit to the gsx but i never came close to finishing it.
Parts still laying around my house that I'll be needing to sell now: supra intercooler, greddy profec-b, hks turbotimer, autometer phantom electric guages (fuel pressure, oil pressure, and coolant temp), 3" turbo back exhaust (with dual 2 1/2" tip...I hate those damn 4-6" coffee can tips), eprom ecu for running dsm link, ported exhaust manifold, cyclone intake manifold, catch can, stainless gaskets, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting right now.

Things that actually made it on.
brand new engine from mitsubishi, brand new tranny from mitsubishi, Forced Performance Big28 turbo, ported o2 housing, act2600 clutch, k&n filtercharger kit, dsi heatshield, upper and lower intercooler hard pipes, 1st gen blow off valve, hallman manual boost controller, brode mas to turbo pipe, front and rear strut tower bars, symborski shifter kit, BG Synchro Shift and Red Line fluids, stainless clutch line, Westach EGT gauge, autometer 30-0-30 boost gauge, autometer waste of money blinky light gauge (some people call it an a/f ratio gauge), silicone lines, knock sensor led (more stupid blinking lights), and once again probably more that I'm forgetting.

Alrighty, I'm worn out now so I'm heading to bed. I took some pictures of the 4runner today so I'll post some tomorrow if I get a chance; if not tomorrow, then soon.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Contributing Member

Man,reading about your GSX and it's mods made me miss mine a little bit but I looked at my bank account and that made me happier.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry, been busy. Here's some pictures:

Yeah, i know...brush guards, nerf bars...blah blah. They were on there when I got it. Hopefully someone will be willing to buy them and I can replace them with some quality stuff. I do like how it looks though and I love everything else.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

good to hear those words. hey just look at it as free money sitting on the runner. love the color. is it 5speed w/ the e-locker? thatd be awesome.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Contributing Member

Unfortunately it doesn't have the e-locker and it's an auto. I have to admit though, I'm liking the auto (still feels weird to drive an auto though).... I'm not planning on doing anything too extreme so I don't think either will be much of an issue. Most I'm thinking I'd end up doing: some lift, slighter larger tires, sliders, quality bumper and winch, and some other minor things.

I've filled up about 10 times since I got it with my gas mileage between 19.5 and 22.5 mpg. I've taken it over 7 or 8 passes now (also drove through rocky mountain national park) and the power is fine and the shifting isn't too bad as long as I kick it out of overdrive.

I have to say this is the best vehicle I've owned. When my dad pulled it into his driveway after picking it up for me about three weeks ago it had 95k miles. In the last week it's had almost 3k more miles put on it and the oil still looks brand new (it appears from the sticker on the window the oil was last changed at 93k miles) and besides a slight shudder when braking everything seems perfect. Best $8500 I've ever spent.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good looking truck. Were you into modding your dsm? If so then I am sure you know all about long hours workng on your vehicle.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks! Yeah, I did just about all the mods on the eclipse myself. I've spent many, many hours on it and I'm hoping I won't have to spend nearly as many on the runner.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Athansinis
Thanks! Yeah, I did just about all the mods on the eclipse myself. I've spent many, many hours on it and I'm hoping I won't have to spend nearly as many on the runner.
I know exactly how you feel. I went through 5 motors in my last gs-t. Must have been a lemon cause my talon holds up fine.