Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Electrochromic Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electrochromic Mirrors

I recently purhased a 2002 4Runner SR5 Sport Edition 4X4. It has every option that I wanted with the exception of an electrochromic rearview mirror. I have looked online and found several manufacturers of OEM mirrors. In particular, I like the mirrors from the Donnelly Corporation http://www.donnelly.com/products/int...ms/default.asp which display the compass and temperature in the chin of the mirror instead of the mirror itself. My question has two parts:

1. Has anyone out there installed an aftermarket electrochromic mirror and

2. If so, which brand of mirror did you install?

As a follow up question, how difficult was the installation utilizing the parts kit supplied the manufacturer of the mirror?

Thanking everyone who responds in advance for any information that they are able to provide.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:25 AM

Re: Electrochromic Mirrors

Originally posted by Echo5059

As a follow up question, how difficult was the installation utilizing the parts kit supplied the manufacturer of the mirror?

Thanking everyone who responds in advance for any information that they are able to provide.
Yes, I've installed the Donnelly, but it wasn't on my 4Runner. I think late model 4Runners require a windshield mount be installed.

Installation is pretty straightforward and took about an hour and a half.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:35 PM

Re: Electrochromic Mirrors

Originally posted by Echo5059
I recently purhased a 2002 4Runner SR5 Sport Edition 4X4. It has every option that I wanted with the exception of an electrochromic rearview mirror. I have looked online and found several manufacturers of OEM mirrors. In particular, I like the mirrors from the Donnelly Corporation http://www.donnelly.com/products/int...ms/default.asp which display the compass and temperature in the chin of the mirror instead of the mirror itself. My question has two parts:

This is exactly what I wanted to put on my truck but I could never find it. Now I did, Thanks to you.