Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Dumb old lady!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dumb lady!

Ok, so here I am on my lunch break going to the DMV to fix some registration stuff for my bike... Anyway, I'm at a stop sign behind a Nissan Sentra and we're both stopped (obviously). She starts to pull out and turn right (at this point she is past the stop sign and the whole vehicle is in the road. I pull up to the stop sign and stop, looking to the left for oncoming traffic. I see there is no traffic and start to pull out still looking (because a truck just turned onto the road I was turning on to). Then I hear a CRACK! And to my dismay... it was that same lady... just chillin' there in the middle of the road. So, there was no damage to my 4Runner, fortuantely, and there was a dent in her trunk... DANG IT!! This sucks so bad... My first "accident"... oh well... just wanted to vent to some fellow Yotatechers...

Last edited by Keggo; 12-31-2004 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to sound harsh, but how is she the "dumb old lady" for driving carefully and defensively, when you hit her?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:40 PM

I got hit the same way. I was crossing traffic, started to go because nobody was to my left but a lot of traffic to my right, so I stopped. The brand new Tacoma just picked up from the dealer wanted to turn right, saw nobody to the left and went, hitting me. He assumed I made it through the intersection.
It sucks all the way around.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

It's cool that you say that Yama... I mean, I can understand where you're coming from, but if she's all the way in the street STOPPED with no one at all in the street... who knows. Anyway, she wasn't that old at all... so I should probably edit it out... she was probably late 40's early 50's.

Lance,
She was turning right as well... she wasn't crossing traffic. I could see why that guy was dumb in your situation seeing as there were a lot of cars coming from the other way.

I'm just kind of shaken up... Like I said it's my first accident...
Old 12-29-2004, 09:15 PM

That sounds like a really odd situation. Were to cops involved? and if so who did they find at fault? (if anyone)
Old 12-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Contributing Member

BigWig

"Old Lady"

today an old man walked up to me and said, "i have trouble walking." that's okay i've got a cane, so what? today an old man walked up to me and said, "i have trouble seeing." that's okay i can't complain. i'm still alive. today an old man walked up to me and said, "i have trouble walking." that's okay i've got a cane, so what? today an old man walked up to me and said, "i have trouble seeing." that's okay i can't complain. i'm still alive. since you crashed my car it just couldn't be the same today on the wrong side of the road an old lady she crashed my car... she was about 80 years old. she said , "son i'm sorry but i have really bad eyes." and she said, "son, just be lucky that you're still alive." f--- you you crashed my car! four years of work in a junk yard. be lucky you're still alive! f---you. you shouldn't be allowed to drive!
Old 12-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Yota4runner
That sounds like a really odd situation. Were to cops involved? and if so who did they find at fault? (if anyone)
Yeah it is kind of weird... I asked my ins. co. (after making the speedy claim) who was at fault and they said they had to research the damage done to her car. It's not that bad it was like a 2-3mph accident. I still hate it though.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by calrockx
BigWig

"Old Lady"

today an old man walked up to me and said, "i have trouble walking." that's okay i've got a cane, so what? today an old man walked up to me and said, "i have trouble seeing." that's okay i can't complain. i'm still alive. today an old man walked up to me and said, "i have trouble walking." that's okay i've got a cane, so what? today an old man walked up to me and said, "i have trouble seeing." that's okay i can't complain. i'm still alive. since you crashed my car it just couldn't be the same today on the wrong side of the road an old lady she crashed my car... she was about 80 years old. she said , "son i'm sorry but i have really bad eyes." and she said, "son, just be lucky that you're still alive." f--- you you crashed my car! four years of work in a junk yard. be lucky you're still alive! f---you. you shouldn't be allowed to drive!
To be honest with you man... I'm a bit confused. Maybe I'm overthinking the meaning of this. One part of me thinks that it's saying "OLD" people shouldn't drive. While another part of me thinks you're directly telling me to learn how to drive... meh... I though it was pretty funny nonetheless
Old 12-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

eh, just a song.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by calrockx
eh, just a song.
Just as I thought... I was over thinking it... heh heh
Hey, I bought my 4Runner in Valencia... are there any good places to wheel over there?
Old 12-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Keggo
Just as I thought... I was over thinking it... heh heh
Hey, I bought my 4Runner in Valencia... are there any good places to wheel over there?

rowher flats is the place to wheel in santa clarita. about 20 mins from the valencia dealer.

between bakersfield and valencia there's hungry valley + miller jeep trail.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:48 AM
Contributing Member

awesome... When I have a little more time, I'll have to check em out. I was talkin' to a guy yesterday and he said there were a bunch of pretty good places out at Lake Isabella...
Old 12-31-2004, 08:02 AM

That's how my first accident happend :pat: I thought the person in front of me pulled out into traffic but they stopped while I was checking left and pulling up.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, it sucks real bad!! heh heh... oh well... this whole week has been one sheeyit storm after another... at least you know my pain!
Old 12-31-2004, 08:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's happened to me... You'll be found at fault since you didn't look before proceeding. I was...

It's a bummer, but if you think about it, it's your responsibility to be sure that the path is clear before going.

"old" is late 40's huh? 'k.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

hey keggo!

better put on the flame suit, im in that age group!

lee
Old 12-31-2004, 09:42 AM
Contributing Member

Let me edit that out... If you notice I said 40's and 50's aren't that old. My dad is like 57... I don't think he's old!!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:44 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by midiwall
That's happened to me... You'll be found at fault since you didn't look before proceeding. I was...

It's a bummer, but if you think about it, it's your responsibility to be sure that the path is clear before going.

"old" is late 40's huh? 'k.

I've learned to live with the fact of that accident... and late 40's isn't old. I was just frustrated... sorry!
Old 12-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Contributing Member

no worries mate, at one time or another, weve all been there, done that and have the t-shirt! just having a little fun at your expense, hope everything works out for you.

lee
Old 12-31-2004, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Keggo
Anyway, I'm at a stop sign behind a Nissan Sentra and we're both stopped (obviously). She starts to pull out and turn right (at this point she is past the stop sign and the whole vehicle is in the road. I pull up to the stop sign and stop, looking to the left for oncoming traffic. I see there is no traffic and start to pull out still looking (because a truck just turned onto the road I was turning on to).

Don't for get the old saying "look before you leap"
jim

Quick Reply: Dumb old lady!