Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Does egg harm paint/clearcoat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does egg harm paint/clearcoat?

Went out to the runner today and saw that it had been egged. Seems like there were two eggs, one thrown right at the drivers window, and another somehow got right on the edge of the door on the black part near the window and some of the egg leaked down into the bottom of the inside door seam. Didnt help that past few days were windy spreading the egg around as well. Dont know who did it, could be stupid kids or neighbors (especially since one of them had a party the other night and you can hear their loud asses all night) but I know it wasnt by accident (ie egg was on ground and someone drove over it and it cracked) because you can see what is either pieces of the shell implanted into the black plastic part near the window or the shells dug into the paint of the plastic. Either way it really pisses me off how freakin aholes treat other peoples things, especially valuable things such as cars. Geez, I hate street parking. People these days. Damn.

Anyway, besides ranting, I was just wondering if the egg could cause any damage to the paint/clearcoat if it has been on for I wuold guess a day because I did not drive for about a day and a half. Didnt look like it did after I sprayed it off but you never know. Also any ideas on how, if it is just small pieces of shell implanted in the plastic part, to get it out? I've tried blasting it with a hose and scrubbing it but it wont come off.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

Egg eats the paint. I'd say wash ASAP. I'd wash it a few times to ensure that it's completely removed...

Sux.... damn punks!
Old 03-01-2004, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Good Times
Egg eats the paint. I'd say wash ASAP. I'd wash it a few times to ensure that it's completely removed...

Sux.... damn punks!
I definately eats paint! I have the spots to prove it on my runner.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:18 PM

don't mean to hijack the thread but the other day my buddy's '00 jeep grand cherokee got broken into, got his cd's and sunglasses stolen, then they poured egg down the air vents from the inside and he can't get them cleaned out completely so now it smells terrible and is probably eating away at the plastic down there. He (and I) are both seniors in HS so this stuff will happen because kids our age are retarded and have nothing better to do. Anyway, wanted to let you know that it could be worse sorry though.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:18 PM

The damage is prolly gonna vary on the length of time it was their, the temperature, and how much wax was on the truck. Hopefully your alright. Id be pi$$ed anyway.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:29 PM

263k? thats an a$$load of miles. I hope mine does that.
Oh, and I was talking about kfords sig. Eggs suck.

Last edited by chuckd; 03-01-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:09 PM

That sucks! I too have been the victim of needless stupidity on the behalf of highschoolers. Someone must of had a bet that they could get the egg between my two foglamps, and between the upper and lower bar of my brush guard. Well they missed, and since my lamps weren't cover at the time, the egg got all around the seals, my radiator, the grill and bumper. I was seriously PO'ed, especially since I had 15 minutes to clean it before I had to be to work.

I hope you get it sorted and that it doesn't happen again.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Contributing Member

Well I finally had time to check it out more carefully and to wipe it a few more times but I'm at my other place and I dotn have my supplies up here so hopefuflly water is enought to get it out. I put a coat of wax on it bout 2 months ago and the rig is clearcoated and the egg wasnt on for too long BUT the area where the egg impacted left a good amount of small chips in the paint in a circular pattern so you can tell an egg landed there. Guess I was lucky it didnt impact on the body. Still shouldnt have happened tho. I'm still a little pissed.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Freakin morons, they just caught some guy in Manhattan riding a bike squirting red paint on the door handles of SUVs, it caught my attention cause the news reporter was like look how this 4Runner was vandalized, it did not deserve it, it was a 4th Gen SR5 or Sport with cladding

At least they caught the guy, something like over 50 people called in to Fox5 News saying their SUVs where sprayed with red paint
Old 03-01-2004, 10:03 PM

I think I might actually murder someone if I ever caught them painting my multi-thousand dollar ride.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:08 PM

my car was spray painted at one time on the side. wiped right off with some chemical (can't remember what i used since it was years ago)
Old 03-01-2004, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by yellowspeedracer
my car was spray painted at one time on the side. wiped right off with some chemical (can't remember what i used since it was years ago)
Last fall I passed a coniston green ST D90 that someone spray painted the entire word "A-hole" down the side in black spray paint. So many dumbasses out there.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:24 PM

ya, egging is the worst, amongst all my pranks i never stooped to egging... because even at age 12 i knew when i one day had a car i would be PISSED if someone egged it!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:23 PM

I believe it's the protiens in egg that actually react and will 'eat' the clearcoat...same thing with bird˟˟˟˟. In my detail and touchup biz, I've seen hundreds of hoods damaged by bird˟˟˟˟ eating right down to the primer. Same with grass, I've been see'ing a lot of front plastic bumpers with grass 'stains' imbedded...not even lacquer thinner removes it...ugly brown random dots...victims of weed whackers. protiens...good for humans, bad for paint. You don't wanna know what I'd do if a punk egged or painted my Runner.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Contributing Member

pssssssss you guys dont go to an inner city school. first day of school the juniors threw one egg at everyseniors car so for the next 2 weeks we charged them 1 dollar to park.

then at a basketball game a while ago as some of you may remember my friend and i got our cars painted with "your hot" "roxy" - an x girl friends name that im good friends with still and tons of hearts not to mentio nblacking out my mirrors and windows their is still paint on the rig even after all this crap. argggggggg
Old 03-02-2004, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by dexter
First day of school the juniors threw one egg at everyseniors car so for the next 2 weeks we charged them 1 dollar to park.
I would have given a couple of shots to the faces of those doing that ˟˟˟˟, if they did that to me.

Last edited by Vato Loco; 03-02-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

Eggs suck! A friend of mine's Tacoma was TRASHED at high school a year back. Eggs all over, and "FAG" painted accross the driver's side, and hood in pink paint. So much for his awesome black paint.
Kids can be so stupid. I have no idea why they do this!
Old 03-02-2004, 08:57 PM

I hate being in HS sometimes and the stupidity is rampant... Someone keyed my truck the other day.. was either at school or at work.. I am still pissed.. they didn't just do a little paint scratch that i could touch up easy and you could never tell it was there.. they scratched all the way down to the primer and since this is the second coat of red that has been put on the truck the gash is deep... have a 6 inch one above my passenger running light and a 4 foot long gash on the pass bed.

Oh.. and some guy "admitted" to keying my truck before i saw the scratches.. Let's just say if i look at his keys and see red paint on them I am going to rip the wing off his nice little civic.

Last edited by 22Ryota; 03-02-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Contributing Member

Man common theme here: highschool kids. What the hell is wrong with kids these days? (present company excluded of course ) Got nothing better to do than mess with other people's things. Dont know who egged my rig but wouldnt be surprised if it were highschoolers.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Well I hope you got the egg of your paint, without damage.

Now I understand the violence at school these days, I would crack somebody's skull if they "keyed" my car. What are they thinking?? Probably nothing that is the problem. If these "pranks" continue it soon tends to get out of hand to the point where somebody gets hurt.

Quick Reply: Does egg harm paint/clearcoat?