Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

dent removal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dent removal?

ok, i remember seeing a picture of this... it was a dent on the driver side front fender, right next to the hood...

anyways, picture that on a Nissan Pathfinder. last night me and my friends were messing around, creating normal highschool mischief. we were using coffee creamer packages, and tossing them at cars. well this one kid we hit, chased us down and yelled at us or whatever... and was like 'i dont want that on my car' and had a stick in his hand (looked like the buttend of a pool stick). well as he was going back to his car, he jacked my friends car, in the before-mentioned location. its a pretty substantial dent... my friend called the police today to fill out a complaint thing or whatever on the kid... he just wants the kid to pay to replace it. anyways, i was just curious as to what options there were to removing the dent without replacing the entire fender??
Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Contributing Member

I would try to get behind the dent and push it out. Sounds like you guys started it, I doubt filing a police complaint would work, plus it might get you into trouble if the cops know you were throwing stuff at moving cars. Just learn from your mistakes and pay for it yourself, or deal with the dent
Old 07-14-2005, 10:21 AM

Even if they did it, two wrongs never make a right. The other kid still shouldnt of done that.

Like dibble said, try getting behind it and pushing it out. Might not look perfect but it wont look nearly as bad.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You let someone get away after purposely damaging your ride?!?! He would have had to hit me with that pool stick to get me off of him. Why exactly did you stop anyway?
Although, I geuss I wouldn't have let you get away after hitting my truck with something...I personally carry a small tee-ball type metal bat in my truck, it is perfect for swinging with one hand, hahaha.
I would say either find the kid and pummel him or forget about it, calling the cops because someone retaliated when you did something illegal seems odd.
Someone had mentioned this to me, put a deflated football behind the dent and hook it up to an electric air compressor and inflate it until it pops the dent out.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:47 AM

Save up the money and get someone that does paintless dent repair to fix it right. It should cost anywhere between $60-150 dollars depending on size and wether or not its on a body line.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Intrepid
You let someone get away after purposely damaging your ride?!?! He would have had to hit me with that pool stick to get me off of him. Why exactly did you stop anyway?
haha, remember, it wasnt my car, i was just IN the car. the kid driving is a HORRIBLE driver, and if it was anybody else, they would have been able to get away.

Originally Posted by Intrepid
I would say either find the kid and pummel him or forget about it, calling the cops because someone retaliated when you did something illegal seems odd.
ive been wanting to put my new Dueler A/T's to some good use, perhaps on a select patch of grass??? lol
Old 07-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

I think you need to calm down. Do not waste the cops time with this crap. And that grass that you are thinking about doing the lawn job on doesn't sound like is the property of the guy who dented your buddies car. Its his dad's. And his dad didn't do jack to you.
The stuff you are discribing to US is just like the crap a lot of us did when we were young. All it led to was a lot of trouble that I and my extremely sore A^% regreted. Be careful you do not end up regreting your actions. Let it go, and go off roading to test out those new A/T's. Just my 2cents.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:45 PM

I've had good luck with paintless dent repair places if the dent isn't too bad. Most car dealerships use this service and they'll tell you who they use if you ask the service writer (at least that's been my experience). Alternatively you can look around for "Automotive Reconditioning" or "Paintless Dent Repair" in the yellow pages. Use a place that has a dedicated shop - not someone that comes to you. I say this because places with a dedicated shop usually have some traditional body shop skills. Then if the dent is too bad, they'll fix and respray that part of the car for cheaper than a normal body shop. My buddy takes his Nissan to a place here in Los Angeles once a year and gets the bumpers resprayed for about $200. They'll also take out his door dings and little stuff like that.

As for the guy that did it. This is typical high school stuff and I think we'd all done this or been the victim at one time. Retaliation just leads to bigger fighting and irritates the situation. What happens if you buzzed your truck through his yard and accidently hit a pedestrian? Then someone's been hurt or killed over a little dent and a cream packet. Be the bigger person and let it go. I'll give you a good piece of advice that's helped me a lot in life: Choose your battles. This one isn't worth fighting for. There are indeed times to fight and stand your ground. This situation kind of sucks, but it's minor in the grand scheme of life.

Last edited by Steveh29; 07-14-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Contributing Member

Old 07-14-2005, 05:53 PM

if you guys were messing with his car you deserve it. If it would have been mine I would have shoved that pool cue up your arse sideways.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by van7559
if you guys were messing with his car you deserve it. If it would have been mine I would have shoved that pool cue up your arse sideways.

yeah, don't ˟˟˟˟˟˟ with a mans car, maybe his sister though