Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Deck plate mod + True Flow kit PICS

Old 02-14-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deck plate mod + True Flow kit PICS

First off, I want to say thanks to True flow for making a nice simple kit that anyone can put on.. something you don't have to take off everytime you want to put in new Spark plugs. Anyways. what can I say is WOW! Worth every penny!

The new power that my 105k mile engine still has to offer.. These are the first real two mods that I've done(true flow kit + DP mod) So far I honestly love the deck plate in the closed position but then again when the plate is not there I like the sound!! like a V8 from a V6 Engine, yes I still have the stock muffler... My only concern is, having the plate removed exposing the filter and getting the loud cool "Deep trottle" noise maybe doing something to my engine... It may have been my heavy foot but I start smelling something and its not the smoking tires, I don't know what it could be but I have a hunch that my MAF is not responding fast enough to keep the engine performing correctly, something is getting a little over heated in the engine dept but I just can't seem to place it...

When the plate is removed I hit the gas and the RPM's race up then down a little till the engine cathches up with all the extra air then the Horse power come on like a stampede! Is this normal for this mod? I don't have the experience with this. But I can tell you with the plate closed the True Flow kit is insane compared to the stock hose that was in there before.. again worth the investment..

Please let me know your experience with the DP mod. Thanks!
Oh and please throw me a bone or two on how to clean the MAF sensor it maybe the oil from the new filter that is causing my concern. Thanks! I hope you enjoy this as much as I do...
Attached Thumbnails Deck plate mod + True Flow kit PICS-mics-pics-008.jpg   Deck plate mod + True Flow kit PICS-mics-pics-005.jpg   Deck plate mod + True Flow kit PICS-mics-pics-004.jpg  
Old 02-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Contributing Member

Looks great! This will be one of the first engine mods that I do most likely, along with the deckplate.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:59 PM

Looks really nice. I should have some pics of my ISR mod tomm as well. I bought one from Cootes and it looks great and should help my 3.0 some.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Runner003
First off, I want to say thanks to True flow for making a nice simple kit that anyone can put on.. something you don't have to take off everytime you want to put in new Spark plugs. Anyways. what can I say is WOW! Worth every penny!

The new power that my 105k mile engine still has to offer.. These are the first real two mods that I've done(true flow kit + DP mod) So far I honestly love the deck plate in the closed position but then again when the plate is not there I like the sound!! like a V8 from a V6 Engine, yes I still have the stock muffler... My only concern is, having the plate removed exposing the filter and getting the loud cool "Deep trottle" noise maybe doing something to my engine... It may have been my heavy foot but I start smelling something and its not the smoking tires, I don't know what it could be but I have a hunch that my MAF is not responding fast enough to keep the engine performing correctly, something is getting a little over heated in the engine dept but I just can't seem to place it...

When the plate is removed I hit the gas and the RPM's race up then down a little till the engine cathches up with all the extra air then the Horse power come on like a stampede! Is this normal for this mod? I don't have the experience with this. But I can tell you with the plate closed the True Flow kit is insane compared to the stock hose that was in there before.. again worth the investment..

Please let me know your experience with the DP mod. Thanks!
Oh and please throw me a bone or two on how to clean the MAF sensor it maybe the oil from the new filter that is causing my concern. Thanks! I hope you enjoy this as much as I do...
The trueflow kit looks very good and I am not surprised at the power increase at all. When you first open up the deckplate you should reset the ECU (pulling the negative batt terminal is the way I prefer but ECU fuse usually works too). The engine will take some time to learn the new airflow pattern and adjust for the increase in airflow....so yes, your experience is normal.

MAF cleaning:
http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...tenancep5.html
Old 02-15-2006, 07:18 AM

I need to add from those in Northridge Ca, Thanks to Northridge Toyota for hooking me up on the great deal on the true flow kit,,
Old 02-15-2006, 08:16 AM

How much did you get the kit for?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:33 PM

I'm not going to say, Just go to your Toyota dealership and ask if they give a yotateck discount... Lets say I walk out paying less than any internet price..including the tax.. you'll be happy. Thanks again Northridge Toyota.. And to MTL 4Runner for the MAF cleaning thread. Just cleaned it...
Old 02-15-2006, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why aren't you going to say how much it was? Just trying to be cute? I live 5 miles from Northridge Toyota so I would like to know how much they charged you. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:17 PM

That is kinda wrong not to share a price, I mean its not like I'm going to say Runner03 on Yotatech told me he paid this amount. Plus what if I need to order it from Northridge Toyota since I don't live in socal
Old 02-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hotlavaaaa
why aren't you going to say how much it was? Just trying to be cute? I live 5 miles from Northridge Toyota so I would like to know how much they charged you. Thanks.
Northridge Toyota will hook you up. They are very good to the yotatech community. Evan is a great guy
Old 02-16-2006, 02:29 PM

ok ok, after some PM's the price is $212 including tax, seeing that all the internet prices are $220 not including shipping I found this to be a good deal. Nothing like racing a S-10 and having the 1st into 2nd @40 mph then the 2nd shift into third at 70mph.. Loving the kit guys! so much power!!! Oh baby oh and as for the drag I won. he didn't want to go above 100 it seems, I slowed down at 110.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but your shift points at full throttle should be exactly the same as they were before. And the guy in the S10 couldn't go over 100 if he wanted to as they are limited to somewhere in the upper 90s.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:53 PM

The shift point were consistant but now with the new power and maybe because i didn't set the MAF or shouyld say reset the MAF it was differant this time, but Damn this new power its a great feeling!
Old 02-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah stock s-10's are limited to 97 mph per govenor then they will hit fuel cut. Most people dont modify this unless they put alot of money into there engines and need to go over 100 mph for 1/4 mile. Which is rare....
Old 03-19-2006, 06:08 PM

Here's an update: Now that its been a month with the new air intake. The 4 Runner runs like it did with the old elbow. WTF? I'm having to STOMP on hte gas in order to down shidt as well my MPGs are in the gutter, I took out the MAF cleaned it with Elec spray, No codes yet. I just don't know what is slowing this runner down.Can the MAF go bad with out a check light or code showing up? how about O2 sensor possibly going bad? I just can't get my finger on this. I was so happy now I'm about to trade this beast in for a Ridgeline, JK...

Any one can help me with some dorection as to where to take this. I had a major tune-up just 18k miles ago, replaced the FF the same day of the True flow upgrade. Maybe Spark plugs need to be changed.. Will do that this week and see if there are any problems there.

Thanks in Anticipation,
Old 03-19-2006, 06:56 PM

Hmmm, looks exactly like the Airaid MIT, and the Airaid is $85.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by TACOMANATOR
thats what i was thinking also.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by TACOMANATOR
Ummm?? Never heard of it, What does this do? is this something as easy to replace like the MAF?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:15 PM

Ohhhh, the elbow, Yep just like it. Only if I had known.. But that still doen't fix my problem, or would it.....Anyways
Old 03-19-2006, 08:29 PM

no its the same thing as the isr mod but seems to be much less (from the price that you quoted).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deck plate mod + True Flow kit PICS