Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

damn vandals

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn vandals

at work today i caught someone trying to steal my truck or trying to steal the contents inside my truck ( a hockey stick, an empty gatorade bottle, gym clothes and old pair of shoes). So luckily i caught him in action and tried to chase him down but he got away in his "getaway" car. Too bad for me because i WISH i would've caught him.

So the damage was that small triangular window behind the rear right passenger side window. For some reason i KNOW that it'll be expensive because of course it is Toyota.

So what is the price of that little piece for those that have had to replace it? should i go to Toyota or go to a glass shop??
Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 PM

it would help if we knew what truck or 4runner you have. Go to junkyard before anywhere else. and then on ebay.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:07 PM

that person will be punished...I assure you.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ahh that sucks if i caught someone messing with my truck it wont be pretty
Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Concealed glock anyone?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:57 PM

2000 4runner with factory tint.....screw the glock..i'd rather mash his body with my fists and steel toe boots. More fun and glory that way
Old 04-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Glass shop all the way...

I've had the triangle glass broken twice from my old 4runner... (break ins) and it was like $100 or something cheap like that to replace.

They will order the piece and install it within 48 hours most of the time.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
concealed weapons permit... love 'em

Im not big enough to kick the livin ☺☺☺☺ out of anybody but i dunno

I think the adrenaline that would be instantly injected into my muscles upon witnessing someone fuxoring with my rig i probably could lay out some serious damage. hmmm...

so far so good no ones messed with the yota =)

as for the window, glass shop probably do it cheap ..got insurance? deductible???
Old 04-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by derK
2000 4runner with factory tint.....screw the glock..i'd rather mash his body with my fists and steel toe boots. More fun and glory that way
Man no imagination
first you shoot him in the leg (knee if your lucky)
next you go over to him shoot him in the opposite foot
then you drag him into your truck and take him to the woods and either tie him to a tree or stake him to the ground
next you ask him what hand he jerks off with and take the other hand (because you know hes gonna tell you a lie about the hand) and break the first knuckle on the index finger and drink a beer
after he is done screaming and crying go to the next knuckle and repeat drink beer
after a 12 pack and all knuckles on his jack off hand dress him like a girl and take him downtown with a sign around his neck saying he needs a piece of ass and drop him in to a bunch of drunk bums as hes getting raped take pictures and post them around his neighborhood (because you got his i.d.) then head home grab another beer and reflect on what a beautiful day you had.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by olharleyman
Man no imagination
then you drag him into your truck and take him to the woods and either tie him to a tree or stake him to the ground
next you ask him what hand he jerks off with and take the other hand (because you know hes gonna tell you a lie about the hand) and break the first knuckle on the index finger and drink a beer
after he is done screaming and crying go to the next knuckle and repeat drink beer
after a 12 pack and all knuckles on his jack off hand dress him like a girl and take him downtown with a sign around his neck saying he needs a piece of ass and drop him in to a bunch of drunk bums as hes getting raped take pictures and post them around his neighborhood (because you got his i.d.) then head home grab another beer and reflect on what a beautiful day you had.
oh my god, remind me to never %^&$ with you
Old 04-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by olharleyman
Man no imagination
It sounds like you already have this all thought out!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 AM

"It would almost be worth it for somebody to mess with my ride, just so I could catch him..." -Vincent Vega
Old 04-10-2007, 03:33 AM

might be a good thing you didnt catch him..he could have killed you so he could get away. it happens all the time..
Old 04-10-2007, 05:44 AM

the only way I'd call someone on breaking into my stuff is if I had my gun drawn, aimed, and ready before I yelled anything and he/she/it realized I was there. For all I know they're packing as well, and could turn around and fire before I had a chance to draw. This way, I see gun, I pull trigger, I defend myself and my property. and concealed SIG > concealed Glock
Old 04-10-2007, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is why the 'bad guys' carry guns, because of all you dickhead do-gooders who think you are tough walking around with your concealed guns and thinking you've got the guts to shoot anyone who even looks at you funny. Go ahead, shoot the dude who broke your little window or whatever, then see how really tough you are while you're in jail for the next 10 years getting your rear end poked twice a day....

Last edited by techno; 04-10-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by techno
This is why the 'bad guys' carry guns, because of all you dickhead do-gooders who think you are tough walking around with your concealed guns and thinking you've got the guts to shoot anyone who even looks at you funny. Go ahead, shoot the dude who broke your little window or whatever, then see how really tough you are while you're in jail for the next 10 years getting your rear end poked twice a day....
I see at least someone has a little common sense.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

Oh,I'm sure some of these guys are just being sarcasitc since I'm sure most people would think twice when they are about to shoot somebody unless their life was directly threatened. Yeah,you can't shoot people for breakijng into your vehicle and not suffer soem sort of consequences if you do accidently murder the perp.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
Oh,I'm sure some of these guys are just being sarcasitc since I'm sure most people would think twice when they are about to shoot somebody unless their life was directly threatened. Yeah,you can't shoot people for breakijng into your vehicle and not suffer soem sort of consequences if you do accidently murder the perp.

yeah but beating the piss out of them would be fun!! BUT again they could be packing.. best thing is to call the police and maybe even follow but i dont know if i would engage them.. bc you never know!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:49 AM

That happened not too long ago near where I live. Older guy saw someone in the process of stealing his stereo. Walked up quietly behind him and shot him in the back of the head with a .357. I believe he pled to a lower offense and ended up at about 1 year in the pen. I'm kinda torn over it. In some ways I say, good for him. Thief got what was coming, but on the other hand it's a little harsh punishment for the crime. I'd like to see some sort of clear sleeping gas emitted by a silent trigger when some asshat breaks a window. That way he's passed out when you catch him. Easy to deal with then.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 AM

Amen to that, glad to see at least someone isn't overpowered by their testosterone/rage and has a little common sense.

Quick Reply: damn vandals