Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

CRITICAL LAND USE MEETING: Prescott, AZ. - BLM comment meeting

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRITICAL LAND USE MEETING: Prescott, AZ. - BLM comment meeting

MODS: I posted this here because this is the most popular forum...move it where you wish!

NEW LOCATION:
Prescott College Crossroads Center
220 Grove Avenue, Prescott
March 8 6 to 9 pm

*** WE MUST SHOW UP IN FORCE FOR THIS MEETING ***
*** WEAR RED ***

It is being held at Prescott College - a bastion of the Anti-recreational use/Earth First type eco-whackos...

This meeting represents the final opportunity for comments on the BLM Agua Fria National Monument and Bradshaw-Harquahala planning areas.

Please come prepared, read the draft plan!

http://www.blm.gov/az/LUP/aguafria/afria_plan.htm

This effect a huge area, and part of it is home to the best Rock Crawlin' trails in Arizona off Table Mesa Road, plus it will limit vehicle access to portions of existing roads and trails on the Agua Fria Nat. Monument.

Later

Mark

Last edited by crawler#976; 03-02-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Contributing Member

Aw nuts, Mark. If I wasn't so far, I would def. try to get there. I hope the guys that are closer can make it.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next Wednesday, huh? I'll try to be there. How is this looking at this point? How is the support coming down on either side of the issue -- are there strong groups on both sides, or does one side seem to have an advantage at this point?

Ed
Old 03-02-2006, 11:41 AM

Ed,

We've been involved with this process for 3 years now - I've attended 4 prior local meetings, and at this point the BLM has pretty much already made a descision, "Alternative E" as shown in the draft plan documents. We still have a slight chance to get items changed in our favor, but it's not likely. I also want to see for myself exactly what is planned for closure or reduced useage.

IMO the main reason this particular meeting is so critical is that is is being held a an institution that is so far to the radical left it's almost unbelievable. Sierra Club, Earth First, ELF, and ALF types...we need to provide some balance to the equation!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 04:54 AM

Good meeting...

Had about 50 show up – thanks to the TTORA guys from Phx for making the trip! The group was pretty evenly split amongst the groups that use BLM land.

The BLM has done an excellent job integrating a management plan that covers 997,000 acres. The management area stretches from central Phoenix west to Salome, north to Yarnell east to Minnehaha, then north to Prescott, east to Dugas and back south to Phx.

They have listened to all party's involved and other than some minor problems with a 4 mile section of rerouting an ATV trail in the Agua Fria Nat. Monument, I can support "Alternative E" as written. The Table Mesa area is being set aside as special use area, but no route planning will be done until the implementation phase - probably another year or two down the road. Those of us that support crawlin’ will need to be involved heavily in the route selections at that time.

Comments on the plan will still be accepted via snail or e-mail until April 5th. I urge locals or other interested parties to review the plan and make your comments heard.