Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Carbon Fiber Taillights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Fiber Taillights?

OK guys, with Christmas coming up and my ARB on the way...I am now officially into the "wanting to buy things, obsessed with modding" mode right now.

Where can I find some good carbon fiber (black) tail lights for my '95. They have em on Perf. Products but they are only for 3rd genners.

I searched and didnt come up with anything solid...?????

Fink
Old 11-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you get the ARB deluxe bar?
Old 11-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Contributing Member

It should be here next Wednesday if all goes as planned...I'm really hoping it gets here before Thanksgiving so that way I'd have all Thanksgiving break to get it put on.

Fink
Old 11-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Contributing Member

I hope your not talking about the "altezza" "euro" lights... are you?
Old 11-18-2004, 04:32 PM

Hey turboale, I noticed you don't have your clear tails on no more....don't like 'em no more? If you're getting rid of them, PM me!
Old 11-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

I got the carbon fiber ones. I dont like the look of the "carbon fiber" but I think ill paint em.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

I don't want the ricer looking ones, bascially just a black version of the Euro lights...my buddy has them on his black Prelude and they look really awesome. But I do NOT want the ricer looking Altezza/Euro lights...those are hideous.

Yamaha,

Can you post a pic of them and tell me where you got them?

Thanks man!

Fink
Old 11-18-2004, 06:30 PM

Unless something changed in the last couple of weeks they don't make any aftermarket taillights for the 2nd gen 4runner. The only ones that were made were the all clears that are no longer produced. No black taillight or any other type of altezza or custom taillights have been produced. By the way, the taillights for the pickups will not fit the 4runner.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Contributing Member

Well damn, I was hopin there was somethin out there for them.

I remember a while back I was lookin and didnt find anything...guess nothins changed.

Fink
Old 11-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to get the arb deluxe bar.. but am concerned about the extra weight and crap... are there any lighter solutions? like the safari bar?? anyone know anything about those?
Old 11-19-2004, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by runninclean
Unless something changed in the last couple of weeks they don't make any aftermarket taillights for the 2nd gen 4runner. The only ones that were made were the all clears that are no longer produced. No black taillight or any other type of altezza or custom taillights have been produced. By the way, the taillights for the pickups will not fit the 4runner.
Yep, there really are no aftermarket taillights for 2nd gen 4Runners... And I have looked. That's why I just painted mine in the end. Black covers are another option.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by 4RunnerKid
That's why I just painted mine in the end. Black covers are another option.
Hey Mike, can you give a little detail as to what kind of paint, process, etc. that you used when painting those tails. How has it held up? I'm tired of looking everywhere for new tails, and the all clears just don't do it for me. BTW ever thought of gettin rid of that stripe, might be my next move as well. Thanks, kp
Old 11-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Contributing Member

Vato,
Already sold them to a buddy. I miss them every now and then, but I just got fed up with changing bulbs every month. I might try and get them back someday, but I'd rather get the 02 tails.

As for the paint, just go to a model shop and look in the paint section. You'll find what your looking for. My friend did his tails on his old volvo, turned out pretty well. I'll ask him what exactly he used...
Old 11-20-2004, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by kpooch75
Hey Mike, can you give a little detail as to what kind of paint, process, etc. that you used when painting those tails. How has it held up? I'm tired of looking everywhere for new tails, and the all clears just don't do it for me. BTW ever thought of gettin rid of that stripe, might be my next move as well. Thanks, kp
I used Testors Transparent Candy Apple Red model paint. The part# is 1605, and it's an enamel paint. I prepped with soap, water, and hit them with Meguiar's PLASTIX wax. Once I was sure the surface was clean, I hit them with the paint. I used two coats, and they have held up fine. I have thrown some mud up on them, hit them with a pressure washer, and had them in the rain. No signs of peeling...
Old 11-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by runninclean
This is correct. I used to have them a while back, but can't get them unless I import them, and you don't want to know how much that is, $$$. Too much.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:35 PM

NO! Don't mess around with your tail lights, any lights that are altezza style, or anything similar to that are considered gay, and extremely poser. Performance over looks... those are just a waste of money. They all do the same thing; they display light. Repeat after me, "ALTEZZAS ARE GAY!"
Old 11-21-2004, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

My buddy used the testors stuff too...

http://www.pbase.com/bitjockey/image/21217341
Old 11-21-2004, 03:36 PM

Cool

Here's a couple pics of mine...

Last edited by 4RunnerKid; 11-21-2004 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 11-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Contributing Member

Do you think you could do that same thing but with black? Would you still be able to see the lights?
-Andrew
Old 11-21-2004, 05:13 PM

Alteza are all in ur own opionin. but if u want them. look on EBAY! u can get them pretty cheap. jsut emails the fools and tell them u want cheaper shipping. thats where they get you. and they normaly knock a lil bit off the price. i got a 2 wheel drive 94 toyota. with chrome alteza's was like $45 on EBAY plus shipping. i like them. they had carbon fiber. but i have total chrome front end and chrome mirrors. so i like the chrome. by the way in case u mite not have known. all toyota grills are chrome. they jsut paint over them black at the factory. a lil bit of acotone from say Auto Zone. will whip the black paint right off and leave it all prudy and chrome

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Taillights?