Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Canadian 4Runners !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian 4Runners !!

Hello all. Looking for other Canadian 4Runner enthusiasts. I am in Northern BC and am looking to see where other Canuks are buying their aftermarket parts/mods. Not much to choose from around me. Would love to hear from you so I can spend some $$$

Cheers, heavy
Old 03-02-2008, 09:28 AM

I'm from Grande Prairie, AB. I haven't found much around here either other than the overpriced local dealers. Through Yotatech and TTORA I've found lots of good sites. All depends what you're looking for.

Which part of BC are you from.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im from ontario and im crazy about toyota trucks..
Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 AM

hey im in toronto, and get my parts from the toyota guru in orangeville or Alpis Truck Parts in BC
Old 03-02-2008, 09:53 AM

Where abouts in Northern Bc are you from? I live on Vancouver Island now and there are lots of good places here to get parts, i used to live in powell river so i would order my stuff from http://www.nsor.com/ . They are good as long as you know what your looking for and you dont mind waiting a little longer. Its free shipping for anything over 150$ and ive ordered a couple 1000 dollars of stuff so they are safe. Hope this helps
Old 03-02-2008, 10:02 AM

hey eightnine.. would your hookup guru be able to get say a elocking diff??? used??
or tailgate for a 2nd gen?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by bigt
hey eightnine.. would your hookup guru be able to get say a elocking diff??? used??
or tailgate for a 2nd gen?
He doesnt deal with a lot of parts anymore but i think he might have a 2nd gen tailgate for a 93-95. Give him a call and tell him Gabe sent you. His name is Shane Lawrence and he lives in orangeville. (519) 938-9844
Old 03-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

heavy, check out bigcountrycustoms.com. hes a local guy and can ship. does awesome fab work, and can get you anything youre looking for.

...then check out nsor/sport trucks, and national4wd. both here in the lower mainland...
Old 03-02-2008, 11:05 AM

thanks for the tips guys I live in Kitimat, BC and there is nothing here for aftermarket parts. Ebay is always there but anything from the US is killer for shipping , let alone any duties you get nailed with.

Thanks again and I will try a few of the places mentioned.
Currently looking for clear corners and clear bumper light lenses.

cheers, heavy
Old 03-02-2008, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im from toronto.
I either make it myself or order from marlincrawler. Or body parts from corey at toyotafiberglass.
www.trail-gear.ca is in BC.... tho theyre usually out of stock on many parts (and mostly cater to 79-95)....
Old 03-02-2008, 11:33 AM

you can get lot's of stuff from mike at 4xtoys about 2 hours south of calgary, he will ship, the only way i know how to get a hold of him is on
www.4wheeler.ca his user name is 4xtoys....any part you need, you can usually get through him
Old 03-02-2008, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by gptoy
I'm from Grande Prairie, AB. I haven't found much around here either other than the overpriced local dealers.
Hey, I'm from GP too. Nice to know that I'm not the only victim of Sean Sargent around here.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:43 PM

I ordered everything I got from the states (except my tires), which was okay because the Canadian dollar is so strong - but man, those UPS duty charges are retarded.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Vancouver. I buy some stuff local, some stuff second hand but the States seems to have a much wider range of products. I wish i could buy Canadian or at least not have to pay so much shipping, but that isn't always possible. It bugs me that I have to pay duty on products not available in Canada. The purpose of duty is to promote buying products made in your own country, but last time I checked, no one makes an Aussie Locker in Canada.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Contributing Member

I get alot of my stuff from a place out in Vancouver.

http://www.nsor.com/default.cfm

Toyota stuff I either pay up and get local at the dealer or order from Toyota of Dallas and have it shipped to me.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:26 PM

yeah. it definately sucks when the shipping and duty is more than the items. Has anyone done their gauges to white ? All the sets I have seen have MPH on the outer ring instead of KPH.

cheers,heavy
Old 03-24-2008, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Caffeine
Hey, I'm from GP too. Nice to know that I'm not the only victim of Sean Sargent around here.
Sorry for the late reply, computer crash left me in the dark for a few weeks. They definatley have a monopoly going on here, price of gas making it harder to justify the trip to Edmonton to shop though. Nice Runner, looks alot like mine. Do much for trails around here?
Old 03-24-2008, 06:49 PM

anyone mentioned trailgear.ca? havent bought anything from there but seem to have decent prices. Im in Quesnel b.c. and really theres nothing aroudn here either but then again most times i'd rather build it myself than buy it from a shoddy trim line or something.

lol sean sargent i used to do all their remote starts last winter when i was with visions. how are the pot holes up there this year?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:04 PM

That's gay... no one at TG said they had a .ca website when I was trying to order from them... could have saved me from those retarded duty charges.

Thanks for .ca version shancerlelby, looking at it now

Originally Posted by shancerlelby
anyone mentioned trailgear.ca? havent bought anything from there but seem to have decent prices. Im in Quesnel b.c. and really theres nothing aroudn here either but then again most times i'd rather build it myself than buy it from a shoddy trim line or something.

lol sean sargent i used to do all their remote starts last winter when i was with visions. how are the pot holes up there this year?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by gptoy
Nice Runner, looks alot like mine. Do much for trails around here?
Thanks, it sounds a lot like yours -- minus that mine's not elocked. I'm probably going to get an FJ in about another year, but this has been a great truck. I've tried out a few trails around here, but we don't really know the area well enough to have any great trails for stock trucks. Any suggestions for good off-road spots?

Quick Reply: Canadian 4Runners !!