Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Buzzing under my hood (PICTURE)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Buzzing under my hood (PICTURE)

Alright... This might sound like a weird question, but...

Ive noticed that after I turn off my car, I will have a weird buzzing noise coming under my hood.

Weird thing is...it only happends once in a while. Some days it will be going all day long, others I wont hear it.

So I open my hood, and I find where its coming from. Below is the picture from the general area. Now Im almost positive that its not coming from my fusebox (obviously in the lower part of the pic), but rather coming from the circular things above. I do not know what they are... I thought it had something to do with the breaks, but, I really have no clue.

Anyways, can someone tell me what you think this buzzing is from!? I cant remember if it only happends when my Toyota alarm is on or not.
Attached Thumbnails Buzzing under my hood (PICTURE)-stuff.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a known annoyance with early 3rd gen Tacos and 4Runners. It does not adversely affect any operations of the vehicle and is only an annoyance. There is a part that may still be available for purchase through the dealer that can address this problem. My advice is to just ignore it. Go to a Toyota dealer and request a copy of TSB# EG002-97 if you want more information.

Originally Posted by SC4Runner
Alright... This might sound like a weird question, but...

Ive noticed that after I turn off my car, I will have a weird buzzing noise coming under my hood.

Weird thing is...it only happends once in a while. Some days it will be going all day long, others I wont hear it.

So I open my hood, and I find where its coming from. Below is the picture from the general area. Now Im almost positive that its not coming from my fusebox (obviously in the lower part of the pic), but rather coming from the circular things above. I do not know what they are... I thought it had something to do with the breaks, but, I really have no clue.

Anyways, can someone tell me what you think this buzzing is from!? I cant remember if it only happends when my Toyota alarm is on or not.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out this thread, it should answer all your questions on this:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...=evap+canister