Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Bummer...my 4th gen may have to go !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bummer...my 4th gen may have to go !!

After 15 years with the company , my boss told me that "I should look for another job !"

I probably have until Feb or March tops.

I just cancelled my ski vacation to Vail, cancelled cable at home and I am selling off anything I can on eBay to get some cash cushion cos out of work is no fun folks...

Sad thing is, the first thing to go if I am out of work is the 4th gen.

Cannot justify that payment when my medical insurance premiums need paying.

Ah well, at least I had it for a while....

David
Old 12-02-2003, 06:03 AM

Let me know how much you want for that jaos and lights...I want first dibs on it...

Old 12-02-2003, 06:07 AM
Contributing Member

Very sorry to hear that man I hope everything works out for you! Just think, after you get resettled you can buy an older Runner and start modding on it Anyway good luck and God bless.

Jonathan
Old 12-02-2003, 06:26 AM

David,

I take it that your's is a 4x4?

How many miles?

Color?

Thanks,

Jason
Old 12-02-2003, 06:35 AM
Contributing Member

Dude, that sucks. Hey I wish you the best and good luck!
Old 12-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Contributing Member

I know the other guys - even though they didn't mention it - feel sympathetic to your situation and are offering to buy your stuff from you to help you out.

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you. Hopefully, this opens up a better opportunity for you.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:01 AM

When one door shuts another will open. It has happened to me before and thankfully I've always moved into a better situation. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

sorry to hear youll lose the runner, and even mroe crappy is the job factor. perhaps you will end up getting to work with hugh hefner though! keep a positive outlook on things and good things will happen. best of luck
Old 12-02-2003, 08:18 AM

Best wishes

I wish you the best of luck sometimes it is stressful to lose a job especially around the holidays but just remember you have your health and family so your still a rich man.. Just tighten up th ebelt and who knows where the road may take you maybe there is a chance for the carreer chang that youve always been dreaming of...

good luck and best wishes Big Kahuna
Old 12-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

I am very sorry about your job..I am sure you'll find something else..the economy is getting better..I just hope you can find something else soon.. ..about the 4runner..yeah its a bummer..but cars and trucks come and go...you'll get another on I am sure.
Take care and God Bless
Old 12-02-2003, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your job. It was good of your boss to give you the heads up though. I was out of work last year for 6 months. Tough on the bank account, but was great for me to spend time with my kids.

Like someone said before, when one door closes, another opens. I was very selective of the positions I looked at and in the end, got a great job for a stable company.

It will all work out. Keep us all posted!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about your job. I hope everything works out for you!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:32 AM

Sorry to hear about the job and 4Runner, hopefully everything will turn out good and you get to keep the 4Runner.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member

sorry to hear that man. but at least they gave you a 3-4 month advance notice. In my line of work, oil field engineering, you could show up at work one morning and be handed a few boxes and a security guard to watch you pack. With Technical Sales you should be able to find a job quite easily, especially in 4 months time, after the holidays of course. it usually only takes me about 2-3 months to find something. start contacting head hunters and recruiters. good luck dude and keep us posted.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:38 AM

Best of luck David. I've been unemployed since July and I'm still looking.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:51 AM

well, i'm not gonna say sorry...if they are willing to let you go after 15 yrs of service, then they should be the sorry ones..you are better off without them...like everyone has been saying..you will get another job..15 yrs is a long time at a job...you would think that counts for something these days...bastards! good luck with the job hunt!
Old 12-02-2003, 05:35 PM

Sorry about your change in circumstances but life should be episodic and when you land that new job, you'll be surprised how stale the old one had become without you noticing it. I got fired from what I thought was the best job I ever had and five years later I sold the business I started when I got fire, made enough money to live comfortably the rest of my life and now have the job I always wanted but couldn't afford (college professor). It's amazing how life works out sometimes so think positive, swing for the fences, wear bodacious underwear under the most conservative of business suits and most imortantly, run it like ya stole it!
Old 12-02-2003, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

nrgetic99, I am really sorry to hear that. I completely know how you feel, except for the early warning. I was let go from the agency I had worked at for 5 years without any warning and no reason. Yes, it does suck being laid off but it can also be for the good. I had been semi unhappy at that job, and had even thought about trying another line of work. As it ends up, I started my own business and have been at it for over a year and a half. The best part is that some of the clients I serviced at that agency have left them and given me their business. I am so much happier now doing my own thing and being my own boss. No matter what metaphor you pick, you just have to keep your head up and be true to yourself. Take the high road no matter how much it sucks, it will always come back to help you out being the bigger person. Granted there are a couple of people at that place I would love to meet in a dark alley and beat the piss out of, but I have never said anything to them, or about them. Just keep your head up and hopefully something will work out.

I am also sad to hear about your truck. Everytime I think I can swing it or am telling people about it, I show the pics of you truck with the Jaos bull bar and lights. I know you put a lot into it and I know you are pissed that it might have to go away, but maybe something will come about and you can keep it. Good luck buddy. Hang in there.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:58 PM

Like everyone else I sympathize with you. My family is facing the same situation, my mother just got notice they are shutting down her entire chain of the company out here, right as we are trying to get money and finances for college. We are optimistic, and that's what you have to be too. Search for jobs now, and I would try some internet searches too, not sure of the sites, but any route untaken is an oppurtunity lost. Best of luck to you, and I hope everything works out.

Last edited by Plays_with_Toys; 12-02-2003 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:10 PM
Contributing Member

I always fireup the resume on monster and then in about 6 hours or so the voltures, oops, I mean headhunters/recruiters start emailing and calling me like crazy. in about a weeks time I will have talked to about 10 or so of them and gotten some interesting bites and end up with about 5-10 interviews after a month or so. but like plays_with says, start now. recruiters around here are always looking for tech sales guys.

Quick Reply: Bummer...my 4th gen may have to go !!