95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Bought some new shoes today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 06:05 PM
JSB
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought some new shoes today!

He I need to get my inspection this month and my tires were pretty bad. So I decided today to go and get some KO's.

What do you think? I think I need a little more lift!!!

Old 10-18-2003, 06:32 PM

Looks pretty awesome to me
Old 10-19-2003, 06:08 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Thanks!
I thought the 32's would look a little big under there, but I think they look pretty good. I haven't rubbed yet either for those of you who often wonder about the 32's. I got the downey coils, but I never raised the front. Now I'm thinking spacers, and raising the front, but I checked yesterday, and I'm barely getting in my garage with that rack on.

My wife won't let me take the running boards off either. SHe's only 5'1".

Last edited by JSB; 10-19-2003 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Hehe, I feel your pain about the running boards. I always drive when my friends and I go places and the girls complain all the time. Espcially when they are wearing skirts. Actually I'm bringing them back to school with me this weekend. I hope with the lift they aren't as annoying to me as they were when it was lower. I'm 6ft 8 so I have the opposite problem. They were right in the way for me. The new shoes look great! I just got my 285s and they really help the look. Espcially with a lift! I like your antenna mount too! How long is your antenna? Is it a 4 or 5ft?

Thanks,
Old 10-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Contributing Member

Your rig looks sweet man. Those tires give it a nice stance.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Contributing Member

Looks good!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:37 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Thanks guys!

The antenna is a 4', it's mounted just under the tail light. I had a major problem with it swinging back and forth due to the HD spring I've got on there. A trucker gave be some advise. "She" told me to wrap some electrical tape around the sring (3 or 4 times) It worked like a charm. I wrapped it pretty tight 3 times, and no more 70mph swinging back and forth wacking the ˟˟˟˟˟ out of my truck I actually had thought about moving the mount up to about the top of the door, and putting a shorter antenna, but I'm happy not with the tape. It doesn't look bad at all either. You can't see it very well but you get the idea.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO one of the best looking 4runners on the board (top three).awesome. it reminds me a lot of mine, and personally i like the running boards, it gives it the stock look but it can go places, and really, they dont get in the way at all. nice rig, cool tires. -Kyle
man thats sweet
Old 10-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

How is the range? You don't have to move it to open the hatch do you? I'm stuck... I really don't know if i'm going to mount it on my TJM or on the back. I like the way your setup looks better but I believe its a lot more functional on the front bumper. Also, how did you run your wire? Did you bring it in through the rubber seal? You haven't had any leaking problems if you did it that way did you? I just put my running boards back on today and it looks kinda goofy. It looks great on your truck, but since I have a tjm the front bumper is a ton higher than the rest of the truck and putting them back on is like an instant body anti-lift. Oh well, I figure I'll leave them on for a while until I get tired of them and then it will look that much better when I take them off.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
Great looking rig! Those tires do wonders for the look and stance of the truck.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:45 PM

why dont you get some nerf bars so you can get them runnin boards off and your wife will still be happy.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:41 PM
JSB
Contributing Member

Okay, here we go. First I don't have the Hatch type back. I've got the tail gate, and it clears with no problem. I ran the wire up under the rubber, and into the plastic panel. Once in the panel I ran it down the side of the car and across to the center console under the driver seat. BTW this is all under the carpet. Down under the console to the dash and up the dash. I had my radio tuned up to 35 watts, and can get 10 to 15 miles depending on the conditions. Here are the visuals. The front bumper is probably ideal, and since you have the bumper why not. I'm very happy with my performance though. The CB shop tuned her up for $10 bucks.

Old 10-21-2003, 07:59 AM

Nice CB setup-gives me ideas. Where did the antenna mount come from? I have the hatch But I dont see why it wouldnt work.
I have been thinking of a clean install job for weeks but havent decided on how to do it.
nice shoes too-- I cant get those or revos--backorder

Bill
Old 10-21-2003, 08:40 AM
Contributing Member

Since we are on topic for a min... Hold out for the revos. I had them last time around and now I have the regular A/Ts and I like the revos a lot better. I have yet to take the A/Ts off road much yet, but I'm sure they will do fine. Its the on road traction that blew me away with the revos. I could barely break them loose in the rain, and now I have no problem with the A/Ts.

Thanks for all the pics JSB!
I realized that we have different style hatches after i posted it. Bill, the reason it might not work is that when you open the door, the mast would be in the way. Thats why I want to mount mine right to the bumper, a little further back from the truck (so more swinging would be allowed) as well as a little bit more to the side. I'm definatley going to mount it on the rear though as it will probably get torn off off-road. Plus, my bumper is already really bent on the side. I'm going to mount it on the high part where it comes up a bit. The thing that I don't like about mounting it on the front is that it doesn't look clean. I really don't like to see wires. Guess I'm just anal like that. Maybe, I could do both...? I don't know much about cb antennas, but it would make sence to have one in front and one in the rear. The only thing i'm worried about is the antenna being tall enough. They only make the firefly in 3 and 4ft versions and i'm going to be mounting my antenna a couple inches under yours. I guess I better get the spring. I'll probably end up doing the tape mod as I'm not to excited about the whole tennis ball thing, kinda not my style if you know what I mean. Anyway, thanks again for the pics, and I'll be sure and post mine when I get my setup going.

Oh, I almost forgot. I got my running boards back on yesterday, and my truck looks 50lbs fatter. I don't konw how long they are going to last as they are stil a pita even with the lift. Oh well, it will be an instanat body lift when I take them off again. Ps, this is the worst picture of my truck ive taken. I just went and took a snapshot so I could post a pic, you can even see the dented bumper . Please look at the site in my sig, the good pics are in there

Fatty:
Old 10-21-2003, 09:45 AM

thanks for the tips Austin,
I am looking to install the antenna with a quick release for easy removal.
I like those tires ! how does those 285's compare to the 265/70s did you get any rubbing??
-Bill
Old 10-22-2003, 08:41 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Hey Turboale,

I'm pretty sure I bought my antenna and mount through http://www.valcoelectronics.com/, but I can't find it on the site. I'll see if I can find my receipt tonight when I get home.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:57 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

I found it!!!! I had to do a search on door jam mount.
Anyways here it is.

http://www.valcoelectronics.com/Merc...ct_Code=MK204R

And the antenna I bought.

http://www.valcoelectronics.com/Merc...ory_Code=0042d

Last edited by JSB; 10-22-2003 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:15 AM

Thanks for the Info Re: antenna
I am not happy with my magnetic mount, This should help
-Bill
Old 10-30-2003, 09:41 AM
NRM
Contributing Member

JSB...love the looks of your rig. i'm thinking about doing the exact same thing to mine, i want 32's. i've got the stock 31's right now and i think 33's gonna be too big and slow me down too much. what do you have on the back though cause the "sag" is completely gone. thats what makes it look so good is that the back end is a little higher than the front. what were the exact tires you put on cause i'm really looking to do that soon.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by NRM
JSB...love the looks of your rig. i'm thinking about doing the exact same thing to mine, i want 32's. i've got the stock 31's right now and i think 33's gonna be too big and slow me down too much. what do you have on the back though cause the "sag" is completely gone. thats what makes it look so good is that the back end is a little higher than the front. what were the exact tires you put on cause i'm really looking to do that soon.
I just got rid of my sag too. All you have to do is put a Warn Combo kit & M8000 winch on it & Phoof, the sag is gone!!!

Quick Reply: Bought some new shoes today!