Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Been busy with the interior lately (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been busy with the interior lately (pics)

Well, since January I've been focusing on the interior of the truck. I don't think I've posted any pics so I figured I would list the mods that I've done in one cumulative post with pics of course. That and to help people with extended cabs get ideas on how to modify their (crappy imo) 60/40 to some cheap buckets (relatively) and a design for a sub box (wont be able to test design till later this week).

First off I started with a set of 1989 Integra bucket seats. Nice thing about these seats is that with a little force the front two bolt holes line up on the passenger side, unfortunately only one lines up on the drivers side. Then all ya have to do is bend the back tabs from vertical to horizontal, drill 4 holes and mount the seats with some grade 8 hardware (might be overkill but can never be too safe). I added wet okoles not only because they are awesome but the seats I got were blue and white (side note: they make me sweat a little more than I would like but to me it’s a small price to pay for a quality product). Ignore the center console being tan; it is a work in progress at the moment. It is basically there for when I pass the first upholstery shop to recover the armrest and when I find some paint and plastic etc. Like I said a work in progress.

What I finished today was the sub box. It also has a compartment in the middle that also allows for access behind the wall where I plan to mount my amps. I haven’t been able to test the box yet, that will happen probably this weekend. If anyone is interested enough in measurements I will try to remember to take some next time I have the box out, maybe make a tutorial on it. The box is made to house two 10” subs. My friend had the idea to put a cooler in between the subs. I’m going to take the access panel out and make one to fit in the spot and let the cooler lid come through. I already bought the cooler I just need to get around to doing it.

I’ve wanted to swap door panels over for a while now. I couldn’t because my driver’s side door wasn’t the same color in the right spots as the outside of the truck due to the door being a junkyard door. Can’t understand that when they told me it hadn’t been wrecked. I think this looks a lot better and nothing is broke, ripped, or torn like my old door panels were. I like how it crosses over the exterior to the interior. The only difference with these door panels is that the arm rests from the 2wd truck had to be used because they are smaller. Which was no big deal because the holes were already there for the clips, all that needed to be done was a little relocation. I need to reinstall my polk midbase speakers and I'll be done with the door panels.

I’m almost finished; all I got to do is a few little things. I mainly wanted to get this posted because I had such a problem finding ideas for a speaker box and I saw the seat thing on I think wildyoats this was just to confirm it. Any comments, suggestions or questions are welcome.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great Krash. Is that an airbag steering wheel? The center section looks pretty beefy like it's hiding something.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

Naw, its just a standard steering wheel. I got it out of my 2wd parts truck. I would have kept the other steering wheel but I hit a mud hole one time and the center piece decided that it needed to come off and hit me on my forehead.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Krash
Naw, its just a standard steering wheel. I got it out of my 2wd parts truck. I would have kept the other steering wheel but I hit a mud hole one time and the center piece decided that it needed to come off and hit me on my forehead.
LOL :pat:
Looks really good!
Old 11-15-2004, 01:00 AM

3.4 Swap

Originally Posted by 914runner
LOL :pat:
Looks really good!
How has your swap been holding up? I did one in a 1991 Two wheel drive about 2 and a half years ago and added a TRD Supercharger at that time. For me everything has been holding up pretty well other than I am on my 3rd rear end.

Last edited by MODMAN; 11-15-2004 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:34 AM
Contributing Member

Looks good!

I see you put a 96-98 console in there.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:46 AM
Contributing Member

Wow,nice clean work.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Contributing Member

I'll have to snap some new pics, I got grey console out of a newer tacoma that didn't have the ebrake hole and had cup holders instead. Probably be this weekend cause it seriously needs some cleaning.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:35 PM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Looking good! Keep at it until you're done, the interior is like home, you spend a lot of time there so it might as be comfortable!

Cheers!