Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Attention newbies-State your question in the title and put it in the right section!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Attention newbies-State your question in the title and put it in the right section!

Please place your threads in the correct forum.

We will be moving any thread in the wrong place without leaving a re-direct and without an explanation. The reason for this is it would clutter up the forum and the threads.

Off road tech section
Anything that has to do with off road should go here, unless there is a lot of fabricating, welding and cutting going on. All questions pertaining to suspension lifts, tires for off roads, vendor bought items such as rock sliders and bumpers should go here.

The Fab Shop
Any extensive welding, cutting, or other fabrications items should go here. This includes swapping different engines because typically some fabrication is involved. If an engine is merely being replaced with the same engine, it should go in the maintenance section. Obviously, SAS's, linkages, cages, rock sliders and bumper (if you are making them) should go here.

Steve

Last edited by Robinhood150; 09-19-2005 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Also, from Bob:

hi guys,

Lately, I've been seeing alot of variations of:

"Wonder if..."
"Can you see what's wrong with..."
"My vehicle is doing..."

You know, a "lead on". Here's a recent example and how I would request that thread topics be written. Apologies to member van7559. Yours was right on top when I wrote this

Thread topic:
I want a Optima but ...

Thread content:
I went to their website, and did the search for my pickup, which is a 94 2.4 22re, and it said that there were no applications found. I know somebody here runs an optima in their pickup. If somebody could give me the part number or the specs of the battery I need, I would appriciate it.

Suggested, Re-written Thread Topic
Part number for Optima battery for 94 Toy Pickup?

Now I understand that it might be coy and will draw more eyeballs in the short term, but the long term effect is that after your thread gets old and if it is searched again, the topic will probably not be read again. Also, I undestand that there will be times where you can't exactly fit the entire question in the topic, but please try to be concise and to the point as possible.

Now I know there are times where one might post something in off-topic (funny, off-the-wall stuff) that needs an introduction like the ones above, but for tech-related topics or tech questions, its detrimental to the thread ever being ever searched or being read again in a list of search results.

Thanks,
Bob

Vaguely titled posts will be automatically deleted.

Last edited by Robinhood150; 11-01-2005 at 07:41 PM.