Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Ats upper control arm bushing needs replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 03:36 PM
DOK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ats upper control arm bushing needs replacement

Hi All, It's been a while since I posted. I have a 2000 Toyota 4runner with ATS Upper Control Arm. I've searched and no good hits. Anyhow, anyone gone through Bushing Replacements. If so, looking for exact brand and part number. I've read Total Chaos or Camburg but no definitive confirmation. Any idea for those who have gone through replacing ATS Upper Control Arm Bushing. Thanks. Dok
Old 03-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Contributing Member

Going to revive this thread. Anybody know what bushing will work in the ATS setup? DOK did you ever find a solution? My 4Runner has not been priority for me lately having 2 small children and keeping up with my wife's hobbies. Need to freshen up the whole front end.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:02 AM
Contributing Member

Well I eventually found a replacement set of bushings after taking some measurements with my digital calipers. Figured I would leave the info here in case someone else needs the part numbers, since I couldn't find them anywhere online.

I used the Energy Suspension 9.9489R bushing kit. This kit has the red bushings. If you want black, substitute the R with G and it will come with black bushings.

** These are not a perfect fit. You will need to trim the bushing length and grind the sleeve length down to fit within the control arm tube. Doesn't take much trimming, but the stock sizing of the new bushings is about a quarter of an inch too long** The inner and outer diameters of the sleeve and bushing are perfect, however.**

My original bushings were so shot, that the control arms were literally banging and sliding all around on the mounting bolt.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else out.

- Jonathan