Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Annoyed

Old 09-13-2003, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoyed

Today I was supposed to have the O2 sensor for the SMT-5 installed. I went to the shop yesterday and they said to come back first thing in the morning today and they'd knock it out. I have to admit, I slept in past their opening time of 8:00, but I got there at 9:30. So... I get there and they say the earliest they'll be able to even look at it would be after lunch -- 1:00 or 1:30. OK, no problem. I go have brunch, pick up some stuff for the football games, pick up my sister, and mess around for a few hours and then go back right at 1:00. We fill out all the paperwork and I'm talking to one of the employees for about 30 minutes. Really nice guy, and the shop is EXTREMELY clean in the garage area, which is definately nice. Then he asks me: "Do you have a bung to weld on buddy? We might mave one but I'm not sure." Uh-oh. The bung in my case is just a nut welded into the exhaust pipe that I can screw the O2 sensor into, and of course they ended up not having one. So then the searching began. I went to Carquest first. They didn't have "bungs" persay, so he went and checked in the back to see if there was a nut that would fit. We figured out that the O2 sensor used a metric nut because 5/8" was too big and 1/2" was too small. And of course they didn't carry metric nuts in the size I needed (about 19mm I think). So I go over to Ace Hardware, same thing -- no large metric nuts. Then I go to Advanced Auto Parts, Lowes, Home Depot, Pep Boys, and another locally owned hardware shop. NONE OF THEM HAD A DAMN 19MM NUT! The biggest they had was 16mm, and it looked like it almost fit, so maybe a 17mm nut would work, maybe bigger though. So I go back to the shop (by this time about 3 hours have passed since I got there at 1:00), and they say they'll have to special order me one, to be here on Monday. They ordered a 19mm nut so I hope and pray that that's the right size. That was frustrating! Then I get home only to have missed the kick-off by 3 minutes, and my team ended up losing 31-7. What a waste of a day! AGGGHH!!! Done venting...

:cry:

Zach

Last edited by White SR5; 09-13-2003 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that we've got the river, is there any chance I can get a raft and some paddles on the side?