Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Amsoil Corporate Suck!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Amsoil Corporate Suck!

Sorry to be negative and they may make a very good product (I'll know by the end of the week when my air filter arrives) but Amsoil's customer service is by far the worst I have ever seen! My Gawd...if I ran a company like this I would be in the unemployment line by the end of the 1st quarter. You call for advise and they just can't give any. You call and ask about shipping charges (after you've already ordered) and they can't give you any info. You ask why you can't find something on there website and they tell you they've never seen the website and don't know what's wrong.

Unbelieveable!!!!

Tencast--
climbing of rant box
Old 06-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Contributing Member

Funny you mention this. I am in a battle with them right now too. They seem to have "misplaced" my new address. Its been 15 days and I still havent seen my tranny and diff oil. This sucks, and the lady was rude on the phone.

Now the stuff is on its way. :pat:
Old 06-18-2003, 05:16 PM

Ya think that is funny...

I ordered (2) 8 oz bottles of foam air filter oil on Thursday evening on their website...Friday I have a huge package at my door. I thought...WOW...that's service. Anyway. It was someone elses order of (2) cases of tranny fluid. Being the honest guy that I am, I call Amsoil as soon as I received it. They sent a call tag and picked it up yesterday. It was suppost to go to someone in Cali. The UPS driver told me that this happens ALL the time with Amsoil.

Hope I receive my 'lil 'ol bottles....
Old 06-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member

Interesting. I have been having the exact opposite experience. I ordered my air filter about 6 months ago, it showed up on my doorstep within 3 days. I ordered 6 qts of synthetic oil and a filter and it showed up in 4 days, along with an email the day after I ordered with my shipping tracking number.

I haven't tried talking to them on the phone, only website orders.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:35 PM

Dang! I've only ordered over the phone! NOthing but quick service so far. You never can tell when a bunch of new hirees are in there, learning their jobs or not caring much, my guess would be that's the case.

Always talk to their supervisor! Better yet, talk to your regional rep, or the person who signed you up in the first place.

Good luck!
Old 06-18-2003, 07:44 PM

Wow, I am sorry to hear that you all are having troubles. I have been dealing with them for years and never had a lick of trouble.

It sounds like the people you are dealing with are newbys. I know that they are growing rapidly and are having to hire a bunch of new people. Sounds lilke they need to grow a little slower.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 06-18-2003, 07:46 PM

il probably raped beaten robbed and left for dead for asking this but why is amisoil so great anyways.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:53 PM

It is the best oil and filters you can get. That is all.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 06-18-2003, 07:59 PM

how does it compare to K@N ?
Old 06-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

uh-oh...
now you've asked for it
Old 06-18-2003, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by Black4runner97
how does it compare to K@N ?
Are you asking about how the air filters compare?

If so, as far as filtration goes AMSOIL beats everything. As far as performance, it seems that they are closely matched and one is really not better then the other. As far as price, AMSOIL is about half the cost.

I have some dyno runs on my site if you are interested.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 06-18-2003, 08:13 PM

WOW. News to me. I've dealt with them for the last year as well. I've ordered quite a bit from them. Order are usually at my front door in 3 or 4 days.
I had to call there customer service on an ordered that I was expecting (5days) and they had at my front door in two days.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:05 PM

How do the air filters handle the heat? A friend was telling me that they can't handle the heat under the hood and start to break down. Supposedly they get brittle and start to come apart or something. Anyone from a hot place who can say that's bunk?

Last edited by Erich_870; 06-18-2003 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:39 PM

Well I can tell ya that they are having some problems. I ordered Jackets for a customer of mind and they never showed up. I called on tuesday and they said oh yeah, those are discontinued. I asked how come someone didn't call or send a letter stating this fact and they said well when an item is discontinued, they have no way of entering the item on the invoice to say that it's discontinued. then I ask, Why not just send me a letter telling me that the items were discontinued so I could make another choice or let the customer know what the situation was? They told me that well, you should have ordered from the 800 number instead of using the internet. Now keep in mind I'm a dealer who orders weekly from them using the internet, and never had a problem before, But I guess their Human resources dept is desperate and is hiring anyone who walks in, no questions ask.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Banned

Seems like a lot of truck products out there these days. There is good stuff out there but you have to back flip through hoops to get the product or deal with ash holes to get it or both.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think they are more morons than rude. I just had ANOTHER shipment sent to the wrong address but the gal was nice enough on the phone and corrected the problem. But I do have to say that after I place an order, it shows up within two days tops! Uh, that is if sent to the right address.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:31 AM

Originally posted by Erich_870
How do the air filters handle the heat? A friend was telling me that they can't handle the heat under the hood and start to break down. Supposedly they get brittle and start to come apart or something. Anyone from a hot place who can say that's bunk?
I have been running the air filters in three of my vehicles for several years and they look brand new, well after I clean them.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 06-19-2003, 06:03 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Erich_870
That's not true, the air filters are awesome. It's their service that get's brittle and starts to fall apart.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:07 AM

Wow, quit a little discussion we have here :o)

I just want to be clear that I was not slamming the product...just the way I had been treated by their customer support staff.

Just an FYI I ordered it through Gadget and he was great!
Tencast--
Old 06-19-2003, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Tencast

Just an FYI I ordered it through Gadget and he was great!
Tencast--
I think even those orders are routed through corporate Amsoil. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

BTW: After 7 long distance phone calls, and 8 different people, Amsoil is finally taking care of me. They are sending another shipment and sorting out the other shipping mess in the mean time - something I had to suggest to them.

Anyway, enough venting. Dan in Sales was pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Amsoil Corporate Suck!