Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

95.5 locker

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95.5 locker

I have a 95.5 Tacoma 3.4 with 410 open diff. I want to put lockers in front and rearend but for not im just worried about the rearend. All my bearings are out in it and ive been looking for a whole rearend with a locker already in it but i ain't having any luck. Ive been told a locker wont fit. I don't think that is true. If not then what is a good locker. I thinking a arb because that's what im going with in the front
Old 10-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Contributing Member

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
If you search, you will find it.....
Old 10-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBluePile
If you search, you will find it.....
Thanks for the help
Old 10-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

Old 10-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Banned

Will a locker fit in the rearend of that year model
Old 10-05-2014, 04:14 PM

Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts
AFAIK the non-locker axle housing needs some degree of modification to fit a locker differential. It's not a straight bolt in.

Swapping the whole axle is bolt in, other than the wiring. And at least on the 4Runners, it seems like most of the locker trucks had 4.30 gearing instead of 4.10, so it would require a front diff or gearing swap as well.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:41 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
You need to figure out if you have an 8" diff or the 8.4" THEN GOOGLE ELOCKER RETROFIT.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to search Google and you feed him for a lifetime.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vital22re
You need to figure out if you have an 8" diff or the 8.4" THEN GOOGLE ELOCKER RETROFIT.
According to 4x4wire its a 8"
Old 10-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

So then it'll be easy to put in a locker....

You could always just CALL arb and see what they have for your application. If it IS an 8" then you can pretty much put anything in it....for an 8".
Old 10-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Banned

Is the arb a good locker
Old 10-07-2014, 09:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to search Google and you feed him for a lifetime.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll say it outright as he appears a little dull.

Alright mr. big nuts. I don't care how large your testicles are, you need to learn how to search. Open up google and type in "ARB locker review" and you will find more info than we are capable of telling you. Unsure of other types of lockers? Google Toyota 8" diff lock and see what comes up.

We are tired of hearing the same questions day in day out when the solution to your question is VERY VERY EASY TO FIND!!!!!

Before you start a thread asking questions, search first to try and find your anwser. If no luck, start a new thread with info proving that you have searched and still need help and help will come to you from every angle.

yes, forums are designed to ask questions and receive anwsers. but if we just tell you the anwser time and time again then you'll never learn anything for yourself.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nothingbetter
I'll say it outright as he appears a little dull.

Alright mr. big nuts. I don't care how large your testicles are, you need to learn how to search. Open up google and type in "ARB locker review" and you will find more info than we are capable of telling you. Unsure of other types of lockers? Google Toyota 8" diff lock and see what comes up.

We are tired of hearing the same questions day in day out when the solution to your question is VERY VERY EASY TO FIND!!!!!

Before you start a thread asking questions, search first to try and find your anwser. If no luck, start a new thread with info proving that you have searched and still need help and help will come to you from every angle.

yes, forums are designed to ask questions and receive anwsers. but if we just tell you the anwser time and time again then you'll never learn anything for yourself.
I didn't ask for any dbags to come on here and I don't care if your buddy's buddy had a arb locker. I want to ask someone who actually had one cause there's pros and cons about them. I thought this would be a place to find some answers but it's a place saying to keep searching

Last edited by Terrys87; 10-09-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by bignutts90
I didn't ask for any dbags to come on here and I don't care if your buddy's buddy had a arb locker. I want to ask someone who actually had one cause there's pros and cons about them. I thought this would be a place to find some answers but it's a bunch of dumb ˟˟˟˟ saying keep searching
Because things like that have been covered over
and over and over and over. The search continues…
Old 10-08-2014, 08:35 PM

I'm not saying "keep searching" like you said above, I'm saying try searching.

This is a place to find answers. We will gladly answer questions that havn't been asked hundreds of times before. But when they have been asked plenty of times such as "are arb lockers any good" we tell people to search.

I'll even do the search for you to show you how easy it is to do on your own.

This is a link to a google page where I searched "arb locker review" IT CONTAINS ALL THE INFO YOU COULD EVER WANT ON ARB LOCKERS!!! Why would I tell you my personal view of arbs when hundreds if not thousands of people have already written a review in the link below(I have 2 ARBs by the way, my buddies buddies have some too. You can read their reviews below)

https://www.google.ca/search?q=arb+l...oCw&gws_rd=ssl

Not sure if you want an ARB? What about other brands? Click the next link and you will find ALL THE INFO ON EVERY KIND OF LOCKER FOR A TOYOTA. Its a google search for "toyota locker options"

https://www.google.com/search?q=toyo...d=ssl&oq=&gs_l=

Its that easy to search. Just open up google, thats www.google.com, and type in what you want. Want to make a lemon pie? Type in "make a lemon pie" Want to build a coffee table? Type in "build a coffee table" Want reviews on Arb lockers? Type in "reviews on arb lockers"

If theres one thing in life I'm certain of, its that google knows everything.

Last edited by nothingbetter; 10-08-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:40 PM

I like that last bit...its going in my signature.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by nothingbetter
I like that last bit...its going in my signature.
Quoting yourself for your sig, eh?
Old 10-09-2014, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I noticed your thread shortly after you created it. I have sent you 2 PMs stating that your screen name, appearing sexually oriented, could cause difficulty in getting a response to your question. I have yet to recieve a response from you. I know of one member that could of gotten you an answer right away, but like myself, normally would not respond to a thread like this. He too overlooked your thread for this very reason.

I have not owned an ARB but have experienced them. They work great but I do not care for an air system. ARB is well known and has a great reputation but there is always someone that wont like any product no matter how great it is. Before I would spend that money for an ARB, I didnt go by reviews and actually talked to and looked at other guys setups. It is great for what they used them for.

The factory electric locker works great for me in the past but may not be suitable for extreme wheeling. I have only done mild wheeling and was pleased with it. It is the route I will go when I do get me a locker. The factory locker has been installed on the older generations of trucks as well. These are just my opinions and you didnt state what type of wheeling you are going to do.

I say factory elocker is the way to go, others will probably say ARB, and they would be right as well. There are other brands available too.

Last edited by Terrys87; 10-09-2014 at 04:32 AM.

Quick Reply: 95.5 locker