Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

550cc supra injectors for 5vz-fe

Old 08-15-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
550cc supra injectors for 5vz-fe

hey guys, i am in need of bigger injectors and have been told by LCengineering that i need 550cc injectors and i do believe there should be a supra injector that should fit this situation. if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-15-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 273 Likes on 184 Posts
I didn't use these in my S/C 3.4 L , but I did use these in my 7MGTE
http://www.rceng.com/ 550 's
550's might be to big though , depending on what your doing ?

I have some larger URD injectors for the 3.4L , brand new . oversized they are 318 .. by the way they are for sale .
I also have some stock 7Mgte injectors (good used) for sale , I believe they are 320's ?

Old 08-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Contributing Member

With the TRD supercharger there is no way in heck you need 550cc injectors. The TRD SC is lucky to crack 300whp. 550's are good for around 550whp.

If you have the supercharger don't mess with any injector upgrade, get a 7th injector. By far the easiest, most hassle free and best preforming setup besides meth injection.

I see you have meth injection already though, you could just install a ~14gph nozzle and run pure methanol as well.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What will you be using to control those monsters? I run dual nozzles totaling 22gpm of straight meth for my fueling and works like a treat. I'm making 350+whp by estimation.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:42 PM

Doing haltech standalone ecu. Custom higher compression pistons, forged crossbeam rods and head studs. I have talked to lc engineering a techs several times and this is what they say. I will still have the methanol but will be using it less than I am because I'm tired of running through it so often.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by toyotanick
Doing haltech standalone ecu. Custom higher compression pistons, forged crossbeam rods and head studs. I have talked to lc engineering a techs several times and this is what they say. I will still have the methanol but will be using it less than I am because I'm tired of running through it so often.
Why are you spending that much money when still using the TRD? No matter what you do to the engine the supercharger will only output enough air for slightly over 300whp maxed out. The stock engine will MORE then handle that.

I am not seeing where you will get any return on investment?

Also going with higher compression with the supercharger is not a good idea IMO as the outlet temps from it are already stupid high at 300f++ and knock is hard enough to keep at bay as it is.

But your money, up to you.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:21 AM

the guys at LC engineering build some pretty awesome motors and they are telling me it will work fine with no issues as long as i feel my tuner can do it. i want all forged internals and head studs for insurance and i keep blowing headgaskets... the higher compression will help me on the interstate as well. but what i am getting at is i am trying to find a set of injectors...
Old 08-18-2014, 06:51 AM

Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts
So you just need a set of 550cc injectors?

I'm guessing you don't want to pay a 'new' price for them? Otherwise, just go buy some.

I've had great service so far from my 1000cc injectors (for my MS3x/2.3L/350 whp/E85/Turbo Volvo) from this place: http://racetronix.com/products/

Very reasonably priced, sold in flow matched sets, lots of options in styles and flow rates.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:01 AM

awesome, thank you JOMOKA thats basically what i was looking for.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

the guys at LC engineering build some pretty awesome motors and they are telling me it will work fine with no issues as long as i feel my tuner can do it. i want all forged internals and head studs for insurance and i keep blowing headgaskets... the higher compression will help me on the interstate as well. but what i am getting at is i am trying to find a set of injectors...
Oh you can build a motor like that fine, just not going to get much more power then you would with a bone stock motor as the supercharger is the limiting factor, not the motor.

Now if you were turbo then it would be a different ballgame. Although you would still want to keep compression around stock, going much higher on pump gas is a game of diminishing returns.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:15 PM

i havent worked out all of the details just yet but i know the horsepower numbers i am wanting and what i am wanting it to perform like since this is an everyday driver. do not plan on turboing it ever because of recent terrible experiences with my STI and also what i do with the truck a supercharger fits a little better.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

i havent worked out all of the details just yet but i know the horsepower numbers i am wanting and what i am wanting it to perform like since this is an everyday driver. do not plan on turboing it ever because of recent terrible experiences with my STI and also what i do with the truck a supercharger fits a little better.
What are your HP goals? If they are much over 300whp the TRD supercharger will not please, at least not long term. Mine was making about that but only lived ~10k miles due to overspinning the heck out of it. And honestly it was still slow even at that power. A basic turbo setup would have made at least 100whp more with les stress on the motor and way easier.

Turbo works great if done properly. Just got to match the turbo to the goals. Plus the extra displacement of the V6 really means that lag is an almost non-issue.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:15 PM

I'm not in the situation to be building an exhaust manifold and all the extra crap that comes with a turbo setup. I think this setup will do exactly what I'm looking for
Old 08-18-2014, 04:16 PM

But thank you ace.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:42 PM

Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts
awesome, thank you JOMOKA thats basically what i was looking for.
Just talk to someone there, I'm sure they'll get you fixed up with something that fits and has the correct wiring terminals. Along with the correct impedance and flow.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:55 AM
Contributing Member

I'm not in the situation to be building an exhaust manifold and all the extra crap that comes with a turbo setup. I think this setup will do exactly what I'm looking for
What are your HP goals? If they are 300whp or less then it should. Over that and from personal experience I can say that it is a waste of money, time and effort to even try with the already SUPER undersized MP62 supercharger.

That supercharger is already tapped out in the mid 200's.

It should have come with an M90 supercharger like pretty much every other V6 SC application.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ill have a set of 440's available soon from my jdm 2jzgte. im putting in 550's with a resistor pack and will have no use for the 440's. they will be sold for the price of shipping to a fellow yotatecher. let me know if you might want them
Old 08-21-2014, 04:33 AM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
What ever happened to "tragger" (or whatever the screen name was) - guy took a nearly new '00 4Runner and had a shop build a twin turbo motor for it, Ford 9" rear end, etc.?

Andreas
Old 08-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

That supercharger is already tapped out in the mid 200's.

It should have come with an M90 supercharger like pretty much every other V6 SC application.

Had mine from the very begining (still do) and being apart and watching all the threads over multiple forums, those two statements are the bottom line period. They will save you a lot of money.
No bias, just been ther done that 10-12yrs later.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by aowRS
What ever happened to "tragger" (or whatever the screen name was) - guy took a nearly new '00 4Runner and had a shop build a twin turbo motor for it, Ford 9" rear end, etc.?

Andreas
Good question, gadget and brian were partners at one time and started URD.
Met them both at SEMA and picked up one of the first if not the first splitsec piggyback and 6 injector kits in vegas. Long time ago so don't remember the exact year, maybe 03'. I wonder where it is now.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 550cc supra injectors for 5vz-fe