Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4th Gen. differential & seat issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th Gen. differential & seat issues

Still no fix from Toyota regarding my differential whine and loose drivers seat.

I am so tempted to cause damage to Johnston's Toyota in Middletown for missleading me on this purchase, and not wanting to fix my issues.

This dealer is a crook, and they have to pay.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So your solution for a minor problem is to vandalize a Toyota dealership, a lawsuit from the dealer could put you in debt for years if you got caught, even possible jail time.

Seriously how did they mislead you, when I bought mine I knew everything did not even drive it till I signed the papers and left, all I could hope for was some good Toyota quality and so far so good, do you expect them to drive each vehicle several hundred miles and check them over, their selling what they know which is usally based on past vehicle history.

If you want them to pay start a lemon law buy back, it's obvious you feel your truck has a defect in it, then buy a honda pilot and hope the engine does not cease
Old 12-28-2003, 03:46 PM

Take it to another dealer and stop complaining..
Old 01-01-2004, 07:39 AM

Originally posted by EDGE
So your solution for a minor problem is to vandalize a Toyota dealership, a lawsuit from the dealer could put you in debt for years if you got caught, even possible jail time.

Seriously how did they mislead you, when I bought mine I knew everything did not even drive it till I signed the papers and left, all I could hope for was some good Toyota quality and so far so good, do you expect them to drive each vehicle several hundred miles and check them over, their selling what they know which is usally based on past vehicle history.

If you want them to pay start a lemon law buy back, it's obvious you feel your truck has a defect in it, then buy a honda pilot and hope the engine does not cease
Yes, I am going to hurt the dealer during a time when they are busy. I am also planning on hurting Toyota corporation in Calif.

There techs, service managers and engineers all aknowledged the problems, but cannot fix. Arbitration refuses to get involved.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Contributing Member

And your posting your premeditation on a public forum?

1-800-Mark-Garragos

Old 01-01-2004, 09:47 AM

The best way to get back at the dealer is to stand outside their lot (on public property) with a big sign stating something about this dealer sold you a lemon, etc. Make sure whatever you write is the truth in case they try to sue you. You might also consider putting signs on your vehicle and driving around town and frequently past the dealership too. This will certainly get their attention. They always say that even bad press is good press. Well, not in this case. They aren't going to want their name associated with the term "lemon", that I can assure you.

Also, you might want to post something retracting your earlier posts about "hurting" the dealer or Toyota Corp. If one of those places were to burn down tonight, guess who they would come looking for? And you ain't hard to find! Good luck in your quest to get this problem resolved.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

Lighten up Frances....
Old 01-01-2004, 10:28 AM

When I bought my 4Runner they said if I has not happy bring it back
Old 01-01-2004, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by sqzdog
The best way to get back at the dealer is to stand outside their lot (on public property) with a big sign stating something about this dealer sold you a lemon, etc. Make sure whatever you write is the truth in case they try to sue you. You might also consider putting signs on your vehicle and driving around town and frequently past the dealership too. This will certainly get their attention. They always say that even bad press is good press. Well, not in this case. They aren't going to want their name associated with the term "lemon", that I can assure you.

Also, you might want to post something retracting your earlier posts about "hurting" the dealer or Toyota Corp. If one of those places were to burn down tonight, guess who they would come looking for? And you ain't hard to find! Good luck in your quest to get this problem resolved.
I'm one step ahead. I ordered magnetic signs to fit on the sides and back of the 4runner, stating how the dealership backed by Toyota lie and cheat their customers into buying Toyota's

I'm also having mailers printed up and distributed in several NY and NJ news papers.

I never said anything about burning the dealership down. I will however hurt the dealership and Toyota financially by probing their customer database and interfere with the delivery of new vehicles at Johnstons Toyota.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:11 PM

Go buy a Ford, you'll be much happier.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 4Runner_Jason

I never said anything about burning the dealership down.

Last edited by Sac State; 01-01-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:59 PM

I'm not suggesting that you said anything directly about what you were going to do, I'm just trying to keep you from getting yourself into trouble if something coincidentally would happen. Great job on the magnetic signs and ads. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by kronicx
Go buy a Ford, you'll be much happier.
Indeed. The F250 4x4 diesel is not only more powerfull, but much more capable off-road, and far better built. It retains its value better.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:18 PM

Indeed. The F250 4x4 diesel is not only more powerfull, but much more capable off-road, and far better built. It retains its value better.
Great! Go buy one. Have fun with it. By all means, if you want that Ford go sell your Toyota. Yeah, because Toyota is just full of evil coorporate good for nothings. Ford is definitely not that way at all.

My only question to you is that if Ford is so much better, why did you go with Toyota in the first place?
Old 01-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Contributing Member

Old 01-01-2004, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by kronicx
Great! Go buy one. Have fun with it. By all means, if you want that Ford go sell your Toyota. Yeah, because Toyota is just full of evil coorporate good for nothings. Ford is definitely not that way at all.

My only question to you is that if Ford is so much better, why did you go with Toyota in the first place?
Toyota assured me that they were superior. Obviously not true.

I have found numerous NHTSA complaints against Toyota on the 03 4Runner--and will use it against them.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
F250 more capable offroad? Your joking right?
Old 01-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

There is a fine line between being pissed off and being stupid.
Don't be stupid. If this is not for you then take it the the Ford
board and get rid of your Runner.

Last edited by elnip; 01-01-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gimme a good deal and I'll take that "lemon" off your hands.
Don't get pissed at me when I drive by you stuck on the trail though.

I have yet to see so much foolishness all in one sentance.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Contributing Member

Re: 4th Gen. differential & seat issues

Still no fix from Toyota regarding my differential whine and loose drivers seat.

I am so tempted to cause damage to Johnston's Toyota in Middletown for missleading me on this purchase, and not wanting to fix my issues.

This dealer is a crook, and they have to pay.
I'm curious to know whats wrong w/ your diff.... can you give us some details on this problem? as for the loose driver seat, i've heard of this problem but luckly for me, mine is okay maybe you should just have the stealer change the entire seat assembly!

Quick Reply: 4th Gen. differential & seat issues