Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4Runner logo TrueType font?

Old 03-22-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4Runner logo TrueType font?

Hello,

I'm searching for a TrueType font like the 4Runner logo, at least like the "unner" part.

Does anybody have it? Or where can I find something?

I only need the next letters;

F, O, R, S, T. The others can be cut from the 4Runner logo.

Thanks,

David
Old 03-22-2005, 08:54 AM
lee
Contributing Member

what're you spelling??
Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 AM

Well, we want to make some stickers for our Spanish 4Runner forum.

The URL is 4Runner.foro.st so, I need the "4Runner" that I already have and the "f", "o", "s" and "t".

Thanks,

David
Old 03-22-2005, 04:24 PM

The closest thing I could find was Bauhaus 93, but it really isn't the right one. I imagine there really isn't a right one out there and Toyota just made up their own for the logo. So, you can just make your own too.
I don't really know how to do it, but I took a shot at it. This hasn't been cleaned up or anything. It should give an idea of how relatively close the Bauhaus 93 font is with a couple touch ups. If you really wanted an image for a sticker a bit of work in a drawing program should do the trick:
Old 03-22-2005, 10:16 PM

Wow Fahrenheit, this sticker is cool!

I'll try with that font and later touching a bit hehehe.

Thanks!

David
Old 03-23-2005, 07:48 AM

I couldn't stand looking at it anymore so I took it down

Last edited by Fahrenheit 451; 03-23-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:01 PM

Wow dude! It's great hehehe.

I'm sorry about your trip.

Thanks for the desings,

David
Old 03-23-2005, 12:49 PM

here, whipped this up, about as close to the original font style your gonna get...

for your site, with the current black..

not as clean, but at least your not limited to a black background.. (incase you change the colour)

Last edited by green91runner; 03-23-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:27 PM

WOW!!!

This is perfect! How do you get it?

Is it possible to you to send the logo bigger than now to me? I'd PM my email.

Good job! Thanks!

David
Old 03-23-2005, 01:54 PM

i used parts of the existing logo and then edited them.. the R became the F, the T and used parts of it for the S aswell. Altered the U to make the O's..
Old 03-23-2005, 04:20 PM

Old 03-23-2005, 04:44 PM

If you want to be really picky, go here:
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/hist...0-03/7081.html

It has the actual logo itself in pic form, not font, but a heck of a starting point especially since it already has the 4 and the R as the sort of subscript they are supposed to be.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fahrenheit 451
If you want to be really picky, go here:
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/hist...0-03/7081.html

It has the actual logo itself in pic form, not font, but a heck of a starting point especially since it already has the 4 and the R as the sort of subscript they are supposed to be.
never even noticed that it wasn't the actual logo (just did mine based off their forum) ohwell, matches what their looking for..
Old 03-24-2005, 11:31 AM

One more time just for grins...

I was trying to make it look like badging that would be on the vehicle. Still needs LOTS of work, but I think I may have finally satisfied some of my obsessive behavior....for a little while anyway. Who knew making a freakin' S would be so hard? Then again, I don't know how to use any of the programs so that doesn't help much

Last edited by Fahrenheit 451; 03-25-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fahrenheit 451
Who knew making a freakin' S would be so hard?
haha, yea... S' suck!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:33 PM

Somebody stop me!

I blame any translation problems on Altavista's Babelfish!
I need to swap the clutch master cylinder on my '85 4Runner, yet again, but here I sit. If only obsessing on 4Runners didn't cost $$ I'd be out in the garage right now!
Old 03-28-2005, 05:37 AM

Wow wow wow, the badging ones are cool dude!

The one with the Spanish flag... Well, I'm from Catalunya (Catalonia) and for example my girlfriend is from Euskadi (Basque Country) so in general I prefer to exclude political connotations with all those things that are not potitics hehe.

I'm going to change the logo of the forum with yours if you give me permission hehe.

I think we have now enought logos to decide, now you can begin repairing your 4Runner hahaha! I'm going now to retint my rear window and also begin welding my sliders, just had today the tubes.

Thanks for all!

David
Old 03-28-2005, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Blizzard
Wow wow wow, the badging ones are cool dude!

The one with the Spanish flag... Well, I'm from Catalunya (Catalonia) and for example my girlfriend is from Euskadi (Basque Country) so in general I prefer to exclude political connotations with all those things that are not potitics hehe.

I'm going to change the logo of the forum with yours if you give me permission hehe.

I think we have now enought logos to decide, now you can begin repairing your 4Runner hahaha! I'm going now to retint my rear window and also begin welding my sliders, just had today the tubes.

Thanks for all!

David
When I was a teenager, my neighbor was a really great guy named Jean Urruty. When we moved into the neighborhood we became instant friends with him. Out of town he had a small farm with a house and a European style racquetball court on it. We would go out there and play all the time. Even though he was in his 70's he ran my butt off LOL!
He would also have all his friends over for Basque festivals. It was interesting because he was French Basque and all his friends were Spanish Basque. Nobody cared. Everybody partied and played and had a good time. Ok, so somebody cared. His wife made no bones about it and referred to them as "those filthy Spanish Basque". Needless to say, I found that somewhat shocking, but I did learn all about how people over there do have some contrary opinions shall we call it. The "flag" one was for my edification really. I was trying to figure out how to do one with multiple colors and couldn't quite hit it. I finally figured out later that I was using the wrong program. Now I could make one in a rainbow, but it would look pretty silly
Let me know what size you would like the banners or if you would like to use them as stickers on a vehicle. I can easily change the size and quality. Currently they are solid black backgrounds and not at 100% quality.
I won't admit how long it took me to finally draw the last version of the S. I did, however, eventually come up with a methodology for it and pretty well got the obsession out of my system so maybe now I can do that clutch master cylinder..then again, I do kinda have this urge to see if I can make an entire "4Runner" alphabet
Old 03-28-2005, 10:52 AM

Hehehehe

My email server is running ok since I'm here at home again (I was until this morning in the Basque Country ).

So if you can send me the logos at near 400 pixels wide I'd be very grateful.

Don't know if you've the sticker (B&W) one in vectorial format, if so will be better cause the shop wouldn't have to trace it. Corel Draw format or so will be fine.

Lots of thanks and excuse me for taking your 4Runnin' time!

David
Old 04-03-2005, 11:30 AM

Sorry about being so long in getting back to this. I hadn't had time to try and figure out how to send something you could edit. I no longer have Corel Draw installed so I had to install an old version and set it up to run in compatibility mode, blah, blah, blah...anyway the result was a lousy looking degraded image.
I tried using the programs I had done the work in, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Image Styler. Keep in mind, I'm pretty clueless I used them a couple years back to do my website and didn't have them really figured out even then LOL! Eventually, I figured we'd start with these and you could decide what you wanted to do. They are all on my FTP so you can just download and use whatever you want.
Here are two different types. The first is a banner with a black background and the second is a transparent gif:

and you can download an eps editable file of the plain black image in a larger version here:
http://members.aol.com/mfinja/4runner/4runnerforost.eps

LMK if I can figure out something easier for you to work with and I'll try to get something set up. I still don't quite have the obsession angle fulfilled since I haven't been able to figure how to get you what you want for both a web application and as something you can have stickers made of.
I can also provide full quality jpegs if that would help.
Perhaps at some point I may even figure out what I'm doing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4Runner logo TrueType font?