Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4Runner kills Laser GS

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4Runner kills Laser GS

This is too funny and happened to me last Sunday. Was heading home on a 4 lane urban highway when a girl in a beat up POS old Laser GS with temp tags keeps revving her engine at me and wanting to race. I am thinking she can't be serious. Well , we finally catch a light together , and on green I stuff it and easily put 3 car lengths on her and let off. She does the " ricer fly by " and pulls in to WalMart , how typical !! Haha. It was much fun.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Whats a ricer fly by?

Bob
Old 07-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Bob_98SR5
Whats a ricer fly by?

Bob
Its when someone gets smoked and the winner stops racing, but the loser is hell bent on winning, so they do a fly by and flash their hazards (or worse) - thinking they have just won.

I do it all the time in our Accord because I "live my life a 1/4 mile at a time."
Old 07-15-2003, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty cool, I for one would try not to draw attention to myself if Im driving a POS today I raced a Viper on the highway, dude shifted gears cause he spun the tires and went sideways at 80mph I know he was just toying with me.
Old 07-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

Check out this video. It will probably work better if you download it first. It's only 31 seconds long.

This is a good example of what not to do when racing. Oh yeah, the guy is an idiot.

:chicken:
Old 07-15-2003, 03:56 PM

ROTFL !!!! That was great !
Old 07-15-2003, 04:49 PM

...geezz...I would hope you could beat an old Laser(Mitsi). I think I could beat one on my mountain bike.....
Old 07-15-2003, 05:06 PM

Nice very nice!

Originally posted by <96 Runner>

I do it all the time in our Accord because I "live my life a 1/4 mile at a time."
Hey Vin how you doin?
Old 07-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Contributing Member

That is why street racing in NJ is a 10 point ticket. Get that and you're sure to be walkin' for at least a year and a half.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:24 PM

it sux to be driving that integra. i hate these little rice rockets that pull up to my taco at a stop and think there car is super fast when the next thing they seeing my tailgate going further and further away from them. just be very careful when u guys race since we are higher up; suspension wise than everybody else.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:58 PM

i just saw some street justice in action a few days ago. two mustangs were at a stoplight, when a camaro pulled up behind them. when the light changed, the 2 mustangs took off, and the camaro with them. Unfortunately for them, the camaro was one of the new Undercover police cars in the Northern VA area. :pat:

the camaro looked really nice though. it looked like a sport tuned car, with tinted windows and nice wheels. he was quick to pull them both over, and i got a good laugh at it.

and about that video, my friend was involved in that. If i can remember correctly, that incident was on a trip back from a carshow (H20) in ocean city maryland. It was a pack of VW's that were weaving through traffic on their way home from the show. that guy in the 'tegra thought he could entertain them, but got stiffed. it was a stupid move on his part, he tried to take a limo on the right hand shoulder. when he got over, there was a bridge, so the shoulder ended, and his car railed into the corner of the protective wall that just popped up. my friend was actually about 3 cars back and saw the whole thing. he said that debris was scattered throughout the entire highway, and the guy in the tegra got out almost immediately, and started shouting at them, as if they made him do that
Old 07-16-2003, 12:05 AM

I kinda figured someone would mention street racing. Trust me , I do NOT approve of street racing !! In my little encounter , I never came close to breaking the speed limit. That 's partly why it was so funny !!
Old 07-16-2003, 07:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by CMUpike
i just saw some street justice in action a few days ago. two mustangs were at a stoplight, when a camaro pulled up behind them. when the light changed, the 2 mustangs took off, and the camaro with them. Unfortunately for them, the camaro was one of the new Undercover police cars in the Northern VA area. :pat:

the camaro looked really nice though. it looked like a sport tuned car, with tinted windows and nice wheels. he was quick to pull them both over, and i got a good laugh at it.

Was it a newer style camaro? If so, those bad boys will take 'vettes all day long. 160+ garunteed by GM for the police interceptors.

-story time-

I was doing about 84 or so in a 70 on I-75 here in FL following a mustang GT. (I just wanted to get home pronto.) Well something just told me to back off a tiny, so I did. Dropped it down to about 80. In the mean time we both passed an exit where a FHP camaro interceptor was merging in. The cop first saw my black toy doing 80, then noticed the GT hualing ass away. It was doing about 90 now...the GT never saw the cop. All of a sudden the cop's camaro goes "be-WAAUUUUUUUUUUU" and roars past me like im standing still. The best part was he didnt turn on his lights, but rather tailgated the GT for a good 5miles or so. When I got to my exit, there was the GT being ticketed...
Old 07-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Bumpin' Yota
The best part was he didnt turn on his lights, but rather tailgated the GT for a good 5miles or so. When I got to my exit, there was the GT being ticketed...
That's because "pacing" rarely stands up in court. So, the cop obviously made dang sure that the guy was speeding. Plus, he may have had lights in the front grill that you could not see.

I remember the cops I used to work with. They would always say, "Follow someone long enough, and they will make a mistake."
Old 07-16-2003, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

Maybe the Laser was revving to keep the engine running. After it is a Plymouth/Mitsubishi
Old 07-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Thats funny SLC, but probably true!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Richter624
That is why street racing in NJ is a 10 point ticket. Get that and you're sure to be walkin' for at least a year and a half.
HOLY SNIKES 10 points damn, but then again if your that stupid you had it coming but then again I would rather the cop beat me before I had 10 points cause the insurance would kill me

I was in court for some BS ticket that the cop caused, long story and it cost me 50 bucks fine and 50 bucks lawyer fee to get off but in the end the cop was wrong anyways the guy I was talking to got 8 points cause he was doing like 115 in a 55 that was reduced to 80 in a 55, I thought it was BS cause he got pulled over 3 in the morning on the NYSThurway but if thats the law thats the chance you take and he had no lawyer, what a dim wit, but his Corvette was nice

So Richter624 what part of Jersey are you from maybe one day we'll have a meet, always good to have cops on yourside
Old 07-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Contributing Member

I smoked a new Audi A4 Turbo yesterday. He gave me the thumbs up, I pulled on him from 65 to around 105. We did this 3-4 times.. same result every time.

Dan
Old 07-16-2003, 10:40 PM

Exclamation Need 4 Speed 4! The Runner that is.

Originally posted by asudan96Runner
I smoked a new Audi A4 Turbo yesterday. He gave me the thumbs up, I pulled on him from 65 to around 105. We did this 3-4 times.. same result every time.

Dan
105 MPH? WoW 4Runners have evolved!
Old 07-17-2003, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Need 4 Speed 4! The Runner that is.

Originally posted by BigBadBlue
105 MPH? WoW 4Runners have evolved!

It tops out at 108 because of a set limiter in the ECU. I could EASILY go faster, as I am only in 3rd gear a that speed and have 4th left.

The supercharger and other mods help. I don't know if it used to do 105 w/o them. I never tried it. My guess is that it could, it would take forever however.

Dan

Quick Reply: 4Runner kills Laser GS