Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

3rd gen hilux surf field unit on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 02:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
3rd gen hilux surf field unit on ebay

was browsing on ebay UK and found THIS

doesn't say if he'll ship to USA and i'm pretty sure the currency conversion is going to be like $175 or something. but, it's an option for some one that wants one. HTH
Old 10-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good find, wish i had the pennies right now for it

on another note, people are coming up with WAYY to many slang abbreviations i lost track at lol. i have to google all this other lingo. did anyone else know it was 'hope this helps?'
Old 10-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RooRRunner
good find, wish i had the pennies right now for it

on another note, people are coming up with WAYY to many slang abbreviations i lost track at lol. i have to google all this other lingo. did anyone else know it was 'hope this helps?'
THe only one i know is AFK.... "Anteaters from Kenya"
Old 10-14-2007, 03:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
That looks interesting. Funny, the seller doesn't quite know what it is.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:57 PM

Damn... $180, I wish I could come up with that cash right now
Old 10-14-2007, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic
Damn... $180, I wish I could come up with that cash right now

X2
Old 10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

I really don't see the point of spending over $50 for a compass.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I can see you have no clue as to what this unit can do then as it is far from "just a compass". I happen to be on of the few here on Yota Tech that has installed one and I did a write up along with Rock Slide, Midiwall and a few others. It really is a kewl addition and it was never an option here in the US, so adding it is a fun project and can be a challenge.

90 pounds sterling is a bit pricy but the previous ones on eBay have gone for that much in the past. $90-120 US is more realistic. Didn't say anything about if it came with the sensor, you WILL need that in order to make it work/display temp as you can't order the part ehre in the US either.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Ritzy4Runner
Well I can see you have no clue as to what this unit can do then as it is far from "just a compass". I happen to be on of the few here on Yota Tech that has installed one and I did a write up along with Rock Slide, Midiwall and a few others. It really is a kewl addition and it was never an option here in the US, so adding it is a fun project and can be a challenge.

90 pounds sterling is a bit pricy but the previous ones on eBay have gone for that much in the past. $90-120 US is more realistic. Didn't say anything about if it came with the sensor, you WILL need that in order to make it work/display temp as you can't order the part ehre in the US either.
Oh f ing boy...!!!! Its an altimeter and barometer. You can get those seperately for close to nothing. Its a rip off for how much they charge for this. You can buy a autorouting gps with altimeter and barometer for $200 and it has a million more things you can do with it.

Sorry, but, a barometer is close to useless. Look outside, you can figure out by the clouds what the weather is doing. Altimeter...the same.

Go ahead, spend your money on useless gadgets. Yeah, a million lights are real useful for all those midnight 4x4 adventures... and those clinometers from the 1st gen runners costing $100+... "Oh, I can't figure out if I'm about to roll or not..." give me a brake. Use your senses and stop relying on automated crap that wastes money.

Last edited by BajaRunner; 10-14-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by SC4Runner
Oh f ing boy...!!!! Its an altimeter and barometer. You can get those seperately for close to nothing. Its a rip off for how much they charge for this. You can buy a autorouting gps with altimeter and barometer for $200 and it has a million more things you can do with it.

Sorry, but, a barometer is close to useless. Look outside, you can figure out by the clouds what the weather is doing. Altimeter...the same.

Go ahead, spend your money on useless gadgets. Yeah, a million lights are real useful for all those midnight 4x4 adventures... and those clinometers from the 1st gen runners costing $100+... "Oh, I can't figure out if I'm about to roll or not..." give me a brake. Use your senses and stop relying on automated crap that wastes money.
Man someone is grouchy! Actually I've made plenty of midnight 4x4 adventures camping in the mountains and fishing. I think most people install those because they are unique, especially to the US, won't see them in many rigs. Ya, GPS would be cool too, but everybody has that
Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 AM
Contributing Member

well that first part on ritzy's post was a little stuck up sounding to be honest

don't forget sc, the screen's road moves when the car is moving, beat that!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by guapo83
Man someone is grouchy! Actually I've made plenty of midnight 4x4 adventures camping in the mountains and fishing. I think most people install those because they are unique, especially to the US, won't see them in many rigs. Ya, GPS would be cool too, but everybody has that
Sorry... I had a few beers last night... (Not a good excuse I know!!)

Also sorry to original poster I was replying too.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Contributing Member

haha i made a drunk ass thread over at t4r last semester about how great 4runners are and we should take over the world....got deleted in less than an hour hahaha
Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted this same item for sale 2 months ago:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/f...y-sale-121545/

AFAIK (As far as I know), you can run your ad for quite a while on UK Ebay.

BTW (By the way) I agree, $180 is over priced...hence why no one's jumped on it thus far. I offered to buy it from him a month back at half the listed price, but got no response . (He's stuck on getting $180 for it.)

Oh and SC4Runner, you know how this stuff goes...different strokes for different folks . Personally, I love mine. I did not buy it b/c I needed an altimeter, compass or barometer, I bought it more for aesthetics. Just the simple fact that these units were not offered in the US made me want to find a way to make one work in my vehicle. To me, it's just a cool gadget.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rock Slide

BTW (By the way) I agree, $180 is over priced...hence why no one's jumped on it thus far. I offered to buy it from him a month back at half the listed price, but got no response . (He's stuck on getting $180 for it.)

Oh and SC4Runner, you know how this stuff goes...different strokes for different folks . Personally, I love mine. I did not buy it b/c I needed an altimeter, compass or barometer, I bought it more for aesthetics. Just the simple fact that these units were not offered in the US made me want to find a way to make one work in my vehicle. To me, it's just a cool gadget.
amen...
Old 10-15-2007, 01:45 PM

Just get one of these:
http://www.autodimmingmirrors.com/ne...enk21/p_7.html
Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Whitey13
That just doesn't do it for me like the Hilux FM does.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Rock Slide

Well, to tell you the truth, I am just so damn jealous of all your damn field units, it makes me livid!!

ehehehehe.

You bastards!!! GIVE all the FIELD UNITS to ME! OR I keel UU!!!!

P.S... If anyone has found my marbles, please email them to me as a .zip attachment, much appreciated.

Last edited by BajaRunner; 10-15-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:06 PM

I wanted one until I got my touchscreen GPS/DVD/CD/bla bla player I like it so much more than a feild unit. It keeps my silly but found all the time. I havn't looked at a paper map in wuite some time.

But don't get it twisted this country boy could navigate around the globe using nothing but the stars, a magnet and a needle. But why?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:57 PM

what "touchscreen GPS/DVD/CD/bla bla player" do you have? I'm looking into getting one...

Quick Reply: 3rd gen hilux surf field unit on ebay