Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

2001 4 runner bull guard?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 4 runner bull guard?

Hi I'm new here. I live in PA wife my wife and 4 yr old daughter. We have two 4 runners- a 96' SR5 and a 2001 LTD. I am having a hard time finding a bull bar for the 2001. I would appreciate it someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance, Mike
Old 05-03-2006, 05:06 PM

push bar, brush guard, or replacement bumper?
Old 05-03-2006, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by dieselhound
Hi I'm new here. I live in PA wife my wife and 4 yr old daughter. We have two 4 runners- a 96' SR5 and a 2001 LTD. I am having a hard time finding a bull bar for the 2001. I would appreciate it someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance, Mike
great price too
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Grill...spagenameZWDVW
Old 05-03-2006, 05:32 PM

Hehehe....

Now, I could say search...because I made a write-up, with the word BullBar in the topic line, but here you go: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/3rd-gen-bullbar-install-w-pics-78386/

Enjoy.
Brett
Old 05-03-2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jodynich
push bar, brush guard, or replacement bumper?
A bull bar is kinda like the center piece if a brush guard. I will find a link to show you what I mean.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bull-...spagenameZWDVW

FUZION- Yea, that is a good price.

Thank you both for the reply.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 PM

Bret, That looks GREAT!!!!! That is the look I would Love to achieve. I will Read your write up.
Thank you so much, Mike
Old 05-03-2006, 05:51 PM

Definitely
Originally Posted by bigacuralvr
Hehehe....

Now, I could say search...because I made a write-up, with the word BullBar in the topic line, but here you go: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78386

Enjoy.
Brett
Old 05-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

I personally wouldn't waste my money on a brush gaurd or push bar of any type, it's a bit of a jump, bu ti would get a bull bar(ARB or TJM), they look a little more rugged, but brsuh gaurds cause massive damage in even the smallest fender benders, a few have totaled the truck after loosing the radiators w/ thes things. If you want something low key you can get a TJM T-17, and not end up looking all rugged and off road if your trying to keep the stock look. The T-17 can be had for the price of most brush gaurds, Good Luck.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:40 AM
JGM

Originally Posted by Stump1883
I personally wouldn't waste my money on a brush gaurd or push bar of any type, it's a bit of a jump, bu ti would get a bull bar(ARB or TJM), they look a little more rugged, but brsuh gaurds cause massive damage in even the smallest fender benders, a few have totaled the truck after loosing the radiators w/ thes things. If you want something low key you can get a TJM T-17, and not end up looking all rugged and off road if your trying to keep the stock look. The T-17 can be had for the price of most brush gaurds, Good Luck.
I agree. If you want a "look", the bull/push/brush guards are fine. In FACT, they do nothing - they have no function whatsoever except possibly mounting aux lights. Oh, and they do tell you when your wheels are out of balance. It will shake like hell.

Depends on what you want.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:54 PM

Welcome to the forum-looking forward to seeing your pics
Old 05-04-2006, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Stump1883
I personally wouldn't waste my money on a brush gaurd or push bar of any type, it's a bit of a jump, bu ti would get a bull bar(ARB or TJM), they look a little more rugged, but brsuh gaurds cause massive damage in even the smallest fender benders
my gf rear ended a parked ford focus at 30 mph, and the only thing I had to replace was my brush guard. How is that massive damage??? My brush guard has actually saved me money over time with all of the little bumps, and pushes I have done. Look at the thread with Jonathan's truck with a TJM on the front, and see how much damage he acquired with a bumper. I can't speak for everyone, but the brush guard saved me some serious dough, definately worth the $300 IMO. Here is the pic of the "damage" done after rear ending a car at 30 mph.

By the way, none of the frame rails, or bumper brackets bent either, and a new one installed just fine, the pics of the new guard are in my profile. I don't see why so many people knock brush guards.

Last edited by JHupp; 05-04-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by JHupp
my gf rear ended a parked ford focus at 30 mph, and the only thing I had to replace was my brush guard. How is that massive damage??? My brush guard has actually saved me money over time with all of the little bumps, and pushes I have done. Look at the thread with Jonathan's truck with a TJM on the front, and see how much damage he acquired with a bumper. I can't speak for everyone, but the brush guard saved me some serious dough, definately worth the $300 IMO. Here is the pic of the "damage" done after rear ending a car at 30 mph.

By the way, none of the frame rails, or bumper brackets bent either, and a new one installed just fine, the pics of the new guard are in my profile. I don't see why so many people knock brush guards.
I highly doubt that was a 30 mph crash! A crash at 30 mph WILL detonate the air bags and most likely total a vehicle. And hitting a crappy little Focus is a lot different than a cement wall.

That looks like a 5 mph crash (if that). I have seen damage from many low speed (<10mph) crashes that caused $2-3K in damage due to brush guards denting fenders, hood, headlights broke, grills broke and the bumper and valance. And most of them were into cars that would have caused minimal damage without the "guards". (One was into a Suburban and would likely have had a bunch of damage anyways...)
Old 05-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bret, That looks GREAT!!!!! That is the look I would Love to achieve. I will Read your write up.
Thank you so much, Mike
I do have this westin in stock as we speak. Feel free to email me and I'll see what I can do.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by hupptoy
I highly doubt that was a 30 mph crash! A crash at 30 mph WILL detonate the air bags and most likely total a vehicle. And hitting a crappy little Focus is a lot different than a cement wall.

That looks like a 5 mph crash (if that). I have seen damage from many low speed (<10mph) crashes that caused $2-3K in damage due to brush guards denting fenders, hood, headlights broke, grills broke and the bumper and valance. And most of them were into cars that would have caused minimal damage without the "guards". (One was into a Suburban and would likely have had a bunch of damage anyways...)
Well, I don't know what you want me to tell you, it was between 25-30 mph. I was a passenger in the 4runner at the time(gf was driving), and no, the air bags do not have to be set off at the speed. Maybe someone else under different circumstances had different damage, but this was my experience. And I consider it to be one of the more common collisons(if there is such a thing)

The damage done to my truck was around $300 for the brush guard, and it did crush that little filler at the bottom of the valence, which I have not replaced but estimate to be around $40. The damage to the focus was repaired at a body shop, and totaled about $3200 (not a heck of a lot of damage IMO, but body work is expensive, and it is NJ). I do not have comp and collsion insurance because of my poor driving record, so I wind up paying to fix most of my "accidents" myself.

Also, I know that there is a difference between a focus and a brick wall, but I was just trying to show that a bumper like a TJM can cause damage to a vehicle too, it is not a trait of brush guards alone.

This is why I like having a brush guard, cheap, easy to replace, and I know it sounds stupid, but I don't expect to have many accidents more severe than this last one, which was not a killer on the checkbook. I am not going to argue with you, on how fast the truck was going, this and that, blah blah, I'm just telling you my experinece. You are newer to this board then me, and I have dealt with quite a few people here who I would hope would attest that I am not dishonest.

Last edited by JHupp; 05-05-2006 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-06-2006, 02:37 PM

Thank you all for the welcome. Jason B , I emailed you for a price and to see if you have one.
Thanks everyone,Mike
Old 05-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you all for the welcome. Jason B , I emailed you for a price and to see if you have one.
Thanks everyone,Mike
Yep, replied to your email. In stock.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:49 PM

Thanks Jason, I got your email. Now I'm waiting on my wife for her to make up her mind. It's going on her 4 Runner so I will be patient with her.