Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

1996 Tacoma heater blows cold passenger side

Old 01-08-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 Tacoma heater blows cold passenger side

I still have my 1996 Tacoma. It still runs like a champ with just over 265k on it. I've had issues with this since day one but the techs always blew me off. I gave up as the service center could never find an issue. (They never drove it to find it) Now, years later it's really bad.

Sitting still I can adjust the heat with no real issue. In motion it gets colder, and as you speed up, you can hear a slight thump as something closes and all you get is heat. I can either freeze or bake with no in between. Now, add to this that I've suddenly lost all heat on the passenger side and only get cold air. I've been looking for online videos to take out the dash to find the blend doors and cables with no luck.

I can pull the center console and will do this in the next few days. What I really need is a diagram of how the cables should be connected as something has not been right since I bought it. There has to be a door being forced closed, by the outside air pressure, as the truck is in motion. No idea where I'd find it though.

Any my help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Search this Thread