Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

1993 Pickup - considering sale - extensive upgrades- PLEASE READ AND COMMENT! Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 06:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1993 Pickup - considering sale - extensive upgrades- PLEASE READ AND COMMENT! Thanks!

Note: lots of pics will be posted tonight - I'm writing this from work

I’m likely going to be selling this truck in the next month, and wanted to run it through the YotaTech crowd to see if it got any hits. Let me know if you guys are interested. PLEASE read the entire post. I know it’s long, but I want you guys to see everything that’s in it.

WHY AM I SELLING?? Baby due March 8th. Unfortunately, baby + wife + me don’t fit  That’s it. No other reason, or I’d keep it for 10 more years. It’s THAT nice.

How does $6750 sound??

1993 Toyota pickup
4cyl 22re, 86,000 original miles
5 spd manual with Aisin manual locking hubs

Interior upgrades –

Customized interior including –
Pioneer CD/MP3 player
Audiobahn 4” component speakers (front) with pillar-mounted tweeters
Audiobahn 6.5” component speakers (doors)
Custom door panels with molded speaker pods for 6.5” component set (gorgeous!)
Custom-refinished black lower dash panels to match door panels
Hurst aluminum T-shifter handle
New shifter bushings
Summit Racing tachometer with backlighting
Custom in-dash gauge set (oil pressure, water temp, volts)
Behind-seat tool organizer
New black pile carpet throughout cab
IMMACULATE! Looks nearly like a brand new truck!

Engine upgrades –

Lifetime reusable/washable open-element cone style air filter
Full-length header (emission-compliant) with extra-thick base flange
Summit racing turbo muffler
2.5” aluminized exhaust tubing from collector all the way back
New High-flow catalytic converter
New Bosch Oxygen sensor
Accel Racing 300+ aftermarket ignition coil
Accel spark plug wires (blue) and Bosch Platinum spark plugs
Custom ECT temperature sensor mod allowing tuning of air/fuel mixture and timing with control in cab.
Custom cold-start injector control from within cab (allows driver to specifically control cold-start ‘choke’ on fuel injection system – starts much easier than stock in ice cold weather!)
New billet timing chain and sprockets and chain tensioner with UPGRADED METAL-BACKED GUIDE PLATES!!!
New high-flow, high-pressure oil pump
New high-flow water pump
Complete A/C system flush and refill with R-12 freon (I am certified to repair A/C systems)
All new A/C system hoses, expansion valve, and evaporator, and ALL o-rings!! (Vent A/C temperature = 35 degrees with 95 degree outside temp!!)
Brand new high-amp Energizer battery with new 2-gauge battery cables (huge!)
Brand new radiator hoses and high-flow thermostat
New drive belts (all)
Complete fuel system flush and intake manifold flush within last year

Maintenance (within last 1 year)–
92-93 octane Super unleaded fuel run in it exclusively since purchase
Mobil 1 full synthetic oil run in engine SINCE BOUGHT NEW FROM DEALER (changed every 3k miles)
Full synthetic gear oil in transmission, transfer case, and differentials
Full chassis lube including all U-joints at each oil change
NEW Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and pressure plate
NEW pilot bearing and throwout bearing installed with new clutch
Front rotors and rear drums resurfaced
Ceramic racing-quality brake pads installed
New rear drum shoes
Brake calipers and drums refinished with silver high-temp caliper paint (very sexy)
Front 4wd hubs serviced and re-greased
New front wheel bearings installed and re-packed

Exterior upgrades –

31x10.5x15 Firestone Destination M/T tires with approx 15k miles (almost no wear)
Eagle alloy rims (new) 15x8”
Add-a-leaf leaf springs installed in rear, with approx 3” lift in suspension height
FULL asphalt-based underbody coating to prevent ANY rust or corrosion
All skid plates undercoated
Epoxy-coat bed liner with non-slip texturing – matte black finish
Solid steel 3-4” diam roll bar installed (few chips in black paint due to tying ropes, but excellent condition)
Polymer toolbox installed under roll bar with full bolt-down
Silverstar headlamps
3” semi-flexible fender flares installed
Vinyl hood guard/bra installed

Summary –

I know you are wondering “why all these upgrades”?? Because I’m an engineering graduate and love to work on cars…
I bought the truck off of an older gentleman (the original owner) with only 50k miles after 10 years of his ownership (and it already looked immaculate!). He brought it to the dealer for every service and Mobil 1 oil change.

When I purchased it, I could hear some timing chain noise due to the factory-crappy plastic timing chain guides being partially broken (VERY well-known in these trucks), so I immediately installed the upgraded guides (metal-backed). While I was in there, I went ahead and replaced the water pump and oil pump with upgraded aftermarket models, JUST BECAUSE I WAS THERE. There were ZERO problems with most of the parts I listed as upgrades…I just upgraded them if I was working in the vicinity of that part.

There are probably even more upgrades that I have done to this truck that I can’t recall at this point. Overall, it’s probably one of the nicest trucks of this age in the country. Honestly. It runs better than new and can smoke most of the V6 trucks of this age, even with the larger tires on. It gets 19mpg in the city, and I just drove it from Texas to Pennsylvania…it got 27.5mpg during this trip!!!! Not an exaggeration. Everything works perfectly, and it has a nearly professional-sounding audio system. The engine is always clean enough to eat off of, and for that matter, so is the underbody. There isn’t a single squeak or rattle, and the body and suspension are as tight as a brand new car.
The temperature gauge never gets above 190 degrees, even in 100 degree summers with the A/C full blast. Most of the time, it reads around 175 degrees…it runs THAT well.

The only flaws in the entire truck? A few minor scratches, mostly that don’t reach the paint (clear coat only) – likely from previous owner hand-washing and grit causing scratches. Few, and I mean a FEW, door chips, primarily on edge of open door…not visible from outside. A few weeks ago, I was using my neighbor’s pressure washer to clean it and realized I was blasting a few flakes off the grey decal (stripes)on the side of the truck. It’s not that noticeable (I wouldn’t ever fix it, personally, and you can get full new decals for around $50 online, but I like to be honest. Bumpers look like new, as does the grille. Paint is still glossy, without a single fading spot. NO RUST ANYWHERE. (and you shouldn’t ever get any with the meticulous undercoat that was done)

It has only been taken off road a handful of times, and those were not extreme encounters. 4wd works flawlessly, and with these amazing tires, I’m not sure if you could actually get this little truck stuck in anything! (OK guys, I know that SOME of you could, but realistically….) Snow driving is astounding!

The awesome thing about this truck is that it looks as good in town as it does off-road, and cruises flawlessly with 1 finger on the steering wheel, even at 75 mph.

I assure that the buyer would love this…I’m going to miss it.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:06 AM

A few pics...

Refer to my post here for a few early pics...I forgot I had these at work!

Sorry I put this post, technically, in the wrong place

Pics here
Old 10-20-2005, 07:37 AM

bump

- bump -
Old 10-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, isnt that a little high for a 93?
Old 10-20-2005, 08:04 AM

I personally wouldn't pay more than 5K for it, but it is a beautiful truck. Looks great, but I just wouldn't pay that much for it.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:00 AM

Is this truck still for sale?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:42 AM

Yes...the truck is still available. As for the other comments, most dealers are listing trucks comparable to this, WITHOUT all the mods, etc, bone stock, for $6500-8000.

To verify, do a search on autotrader.com for 92-94, 4cyl, manual, less than 100k miles. Most vehicles $6500-8000. This one is FAR from stock, so I didn't think 6750 was asking too much at all. I've had 6k offers at home just from people in parking lots and such...

Boaz, drop me a note at majikmd@gmail.com if you are interested...
Old 10-20-2005, 06:33 PM

- bump -
Old 10-20-2005, 06:56 PM

I sent you another email.......!