86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

RogueYotas Build Thread #2!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RogueYotas Build Thread #2!!

Well since I no longer have the Toyota I used to I suppose I'll make a new thread. This was the last truck from start to finish. Had it for about 5 years.

I had to sell it due too fincial reasons. I don't know where it is today. Last I saw it had no cage and was OD green and gotten in a high speed chase and left in the woods.

I went a while without a Toyota and then I got this.
95 SR5 in pretty much perfect shape! Had a 3.0 then it blew the gaskets and I sold it.

Few weeks later I picked up this pile...89 with a 22RE

It really was junk. Had it a few weeks and sold it for parts.

Went about a year with no Toyota. It was starting to get me down. I really missed my first one. I had a really nice Skyline powered Nissan 240 that I tradeed for the truck I have now. I love it! Needs a few things addressed but it's well done. I've never been one to buy stuff already built but I loved it.
On the trailer coming home. It's a 94 with a clean 3RZ swap. Well done SAS with an FJ axle. You can pretty much see the rest.
First time I had it out. Was instantly happy with it.
Got plates the next day and took it for a couple hours in the woods. Again was really happy.
And then this...

Ended up putting a set of LEGIT Longfield 30 Splines in it. Had to clearance the balls quite a bit. And then the snow finally came!

I've had the truck a few months now and I haven't done too much to it. But this is how it sits today.

So far what I've done to it is as follows:
-Chromo axles and birfs
-Replaced a broken driver corner light
-Removed the fender flares
-Put LED turn signals in the grill
-installed a Warn 9000 with synthetic rope
-20" light bar
-LED rock lights
-Pulled a big dent out of the cab
-Built an intake to better access the plugs
-fixed an exhaust leak
-Replaced various bulbs and cleaned it up

other than those few things I've just been driving it. It's been sitting a for a few days. Last snow trip I broke the front locker. So I'm waiting to find time to tear the front axle apart again.

I will continue from here on with changes and upgrades that I do. Like I said there are some things that need to be fixed and addressed.

It it feels great to be back!

Last edited by RogueYota; 12-21-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:28 PM

Here's a few pics of the winch, blinkers and light bar install.
Today I addressed the highbeams not working. I tore into the column and found where the connection wasn't working.

This middle of the 3 points is for high beams. It has some corrosion. Cleaned it up and they work great now. Always seems a small job ends up having you tearing half the truck apart lol

Last edited by RogueYota; 12-21-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:11 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
nice rig. late model 3rz?

also, looks like the rear is a bit stiff. do you know what the suspension is?

lastly... Your hood is popped open.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by space-junk
nice rig. late model 3rz?

also, looks like the rear is a bit stiff. do you know what the suspension is?

lastly... Your hood is popped open.
Yes sir it has coil packs so its 2000-2004 I believe.

All the springs are TG 4" springs. The rear shackle setup and center pins are 2 of the things that needs to be addressed.

Yeah I popped the hood when I fired it up and then took pictures it closes just fine!
Old 12-29-2016, 05:25 AM

Alright last night I tackled my rear spring center pins.

This is what I was dealing with...pretty sketchy. This first one ended up being snapped in half.

This next one was just really bent and missing the nut on top.

I had to cut the ubolts off to get to them. My 1/2" breaker with a 2 foot pipe wouldn't even get them to pop.

Anyways this is what I pulled out. The spring pack with the broken pin was so shifted the hole was at about a 45 degree angle kinda like this (---/---). I got it straightened and the new bolts in.

New bolts.

Everything all snugged up and better. The holes in the perches were rather large. So eventually ill be cutting them off and replacing them. I eventually want to ditch the TG springs and go with Chevy 63s.

Was going to take care of deleting the factory oil cooler (its leaking) but this took me longer than I expected. That will come in the next few days.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:40 AM

Ok well this weekend I got a few things done. I deleted the factory oil cooler. Found a buddy that had a junk 3RZ I was able to pull the adapter off of. Was a simple process. I just capped off the coolant like to the Tstat and the one on the block.

Also a few days ago my rear diff decided to kill itself. That was fun getting home. So now it has 2 blown up diffs. Anyways I ordered new gears for the rear and threw a 4.10 open diff in it so it would move. Still have to order a new front locker. Im missing my truck.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:07 AM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Gnarly. Sounds like someone needs to get ahold of ZUK!