86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Jason in tn's 1986 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That engine looks like it belongs in my 4Runner with all the yellow on it!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Swimmerboy2112
That engine looks like it belongs in my 4Runner with all the yellow on it!
our will probly look somwhat like twins when I get that far you beat me to the yellow body color.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Oooooh, SAS eh? lol. That'll be fun, Jason! I like the line in your last post....... 'GIVE IT ALL I GOT!" lol.... reminds me of Scotty on Star Trek!

GO GET EM, JASON! whip that things arse! lol. Seriously... once you get on a roll, I KNOW that thing will start accelerating in progress, ya know? PERSEVERE! lol.
thanks mark for the first time in along time I feal like I got somthing done lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:43 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey, Brian(swimmer)..... Want the part numbers for the OME shocks? hahaha. They're yellow too! Then, you could put all yellow Poly Bushings in there, .....hmmmm, maybe some Yellow paint on the slave cyl and other parts like that(starter?) ...you'll then really need to name it "Bumble Bee".... Dangit, there is already a Pro-4x4 Toyota out there named that! lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Hey, Brian(swimmer)..... Want the part numbers for the OME shocks? hahaha. They're yellow too! Then, you could put all yellow Poly Bushings in there, .....hmmmm, maybe some Yellow paint on the slave cyl and other parts like that(starter?) ...you'll then really need to name it "Bumble Bee".... Dangit, there is already a Pro-4x4 Toyota out there named that! lol.
will you please stop giveing out my plans befor I get to them lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:26 PM

Oops, sorry! lol. Zzzzzzzzip! Brian knows I'm just kidding, too. Well, kinda....meaning, "I'm not making fun"... I really DO like his rig, the color, etc. Can't wait to see yours come together, Jason!

Mark
Old 01-26-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by jason in tn
our will probly look somwhat like twins when I get that far you beat me to the yellow body color.
Damn you! Another yellow 4Runner...
Old 01-26-2011, 04:09 PM

Damn you! Another yellow 4Runner...
that has been my plan for awhile but I dont have the paint bought yet.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:36 PM

Jason the runner sounds like it is coming along pretty good. I am working on an '86 too. I call her Ole' Blue. recently got all fiberglass panels from toyotafiberglass.com. got all the parts, then found that noone wanted to touch the body work. Like you I don't have the time or facility to work on it much. found a local guy to install the 'glass, just waitin on the cash. picked up some new to me wheels, and a header recently. Got a ton of parts gathered up, but time, space, and cash keeps me from progress. Gonna watch your build for inspiration. thanks.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by jason in tn
that has been my plan for awhile but I dont have the paint bought yet.
Glad to hear it! It will be nice to have another yellow buddy on here!

What are your plans?
Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Erik Hinch
Jason the runner sounds like it is coming along pretty good. I am working on an '86 too. I call her Ole' Blue. recently got all fiberglass panels from toyotafiberglass.com. got all the parts, then found that noone wanted to touch the body work. Like you I don't have the time or facility to work on it much. found a local guy to install the 'glass, just waitin on the cash. picked up some new to me wheels, and a header recently. Got a ton of parts gathered up, but time, space, and cash keeps me from progress. Gonna watch your build for inspiration. thanks.
I am so thankful that I do have a shop to work in but it in its self is still a progect lol. from what I can see I like the looks of yours.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:57 PM

Glad to hear it! It will be nice to have another yellow buddy on here!

What are your plans?
glad your ok with it I would hate to have to rethink the whole paint scheeme after all that work on the engine haha. my plans well big ones im wanting a very capable trail truck that looks realy realy diferant I.E. the detail on the engine
Old 01-26-2011, 06:01 PM

eric it looks like we might have the same new to us wheels cant realy tell what you got but looks like they may be the same.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:05 PM

last pic before fiberglass front fenders. and updated mirrors.
The new-to-me wheels are Eagle alloys. Been wanting some of those for a long time. Trying to make it kinda "retro". Got 4" suspension lift, dual shock mounts front and rear and a rear truss from a '91 that I built years ago. Long way to go. If you need some parts I might have something. I do have a poly body mount kit never installed, if you are not gonna install a body lift.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:03 PM

NICE, Eric! Love that color.....had an 86 myself, same color.....Short bed though, not T4R.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Erik Hinch

last pic before fiberglass front fenders. and updated mirrors.
The new-to-me wheels are Eagle alloys. Been wanting some of those for a long time. Trying to make it kinda "retro". Got 4" suspension lift, dual shock mounts front and rear and a rear truss from a '91 that I built years ago. Long way to go. If you need some parts I might have something. I do have a poly body mount kit never installed, if you are not gonna install a body lift.
nice rig eric, my wheels are more like american raceing outlaw 2s our somthing close to it. I know alot of people think they are realy old school but I like them and they were cheap lol. oh and no plans for a body lift at the moment anyway.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 PM

well with an unexpected day at home I got alot done, Im am realy happy with the way this body work is turning out I know its not gonna be perfect but its as close as I can get it and its somthing I have always wanted to try.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello Jason...Bodywork is intimidating at first. Just like anything else. Just got to jump in there and do it. It takes practice and patience. I been doing my own lately. Some I cant find the dents even when I knew where they were. Other dents, well.... still got a ways to go. Hang in there.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Terrys87
Hello Jason...Bodywork is intimidating at first. Just like anything else. Just got to jump in there and do it. It takes practice and patience. I been doing my own lately. Some I cant find the dents even when I knew where they were. Other dents, well.... still got a ways to go. Hang in there.
I just wish I had alittle more time to work on it seems like about the time I get started its time to go back to work lol.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Terrys87
just wish I had more time to work on it seems like about the time I get started its time to go back to work lol.

Quick Reply: Jason in tn's 1986 4Runner Build-Up Thread