Pre 84 Trucks (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

17toyotaman's 1980 Toyota build

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really like this truck. Hopefully mine will look as good as yours does in your pictures some day. (No way it looks that good IRL)
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM

Great looking truck!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Logan81Pickup
I really like this truck. Hopefully mine will look as good as yours does in your pictures some day. (No way it looks that good IRL)
I'll be the first to admit that the truck isn't perfect... it has its flaws being 32 years old... but with that said none of these pics are photoshopped if that what your getting at...

Originally Posted by a_cent11
Great looking truck!
Thanks!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by 17toyotaman
I'll be the first to admit that the truck isn't perfect... it has its flaws being 32 years old... but with that said none of these pics are photoshopped if that what your getting at...

Thanks!
No it's just that everything always looks better in pictures.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 AM

hey man i got one just like it just in a lot worse shape im on the path to restoring it now glad i ran across your post kinda gave me the blue print of what i need to do to mine! only thing you did wrong was rip the carpets out they are some kind of hard to find ive looked all over for them and nobody carries it!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by duckmaster88
hey man i got one just like it just in a lot worse shape im on the path to restoring it now glad i ran across your post kinda gave me the blue print of what i need to do to mine! only thing you did wrong was rip the carpets out they are some kind of hard to find ive looked all over for them and nobody carries it!
Hey thanks! Just to let you know I did put the carpet back in guess I never said I did lol I do plan on taking it out and putting in some insulation under it to keep it warmer and quieter. I've seen some people on here get aftermarket carpets from jc witney, they are formed for your floor and you just trim to fit, I'll try to post some links when I get home they come out pretty good
Old 10-15-2012, 02:33 PM

Hey thanks! Just to let you know I did put the carpet back in guess I never said I did lol I do plan on taking it out and putting in some insulation under it to keep it warmer and quieter. I've seen some people on here get aftermarket carpets from jc witney, they are formed for your floor and you just trim to fit, I'll try to post some links when I get home they come out pretty good
OK I WAS WORRIED YOU THREW IT AWAY! It kills me all the guys on here who rip the original stuff out and throw it away id love to have all the oem stuff they rip out all the time and replace. your truck is the perfect picture of what i want mine to look like when im done cant believe you got it in that shape if its been sitting in field !
Old 10-15-2012, 03:26 PM

OK I WAS WORRIED YOU THREW IT AWAY! It kills me all the guys on here who rip the original stuff out and throw it away id love to have all the oem stuff they rip out all the time and replace. your truck is the perfect picture of what i want mine to look like when im done cant believe you got it in that shape if its been sitting in field !
I agree but its okay for me if you just take some pos and make it a wheeler, but finding nice 1st gens is getting really hard... I do have to admit it takes really good pics but it does need some work, when I get some money and another rig to drive i'll be doing some rust repair and painting it the same color as stock and also some stock decals, although I like 1st gen 2wd sr5 decals better
Old 10-15-2012, 03:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good looking truck!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 83Toyota88
Good looking truck!
Thanks man!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 PM

I agree but its okay for me if you just take some pos and make it a wheeler, but finding nice 1st gens is getting really hard... I do have to admit it takes really good pics but it does need some work, when I get some money and another rig to drive i'll be doing some rust repair and painting it the same color as stock and also some stock decals, although I like 1st gen 2wd sr5 decals better
mine needs a lot of work as well im currently out of town but when i go home in december ill throw my winch step bars and brush guard on it and the bed i bought for it and get it painted hopefully soon after
Old 10-16-2012, 04:10 PM

mine needs a lot of work as well im currently out of town but when i go home in december ill throw my winch step bars and brush guard on it and the bed i bought for it and get it painted hopefully soon after
Nice, you keeping it yellow?
Old 10-17-2012, 05:02 PM

Nice, you keeping it yellow?
yeah im keeping it yellow ive done some surching and you dont find to many yellow toys out there... mine has factory a/c and the guy before me had power steering installed. what all does yours have extra that you know of ?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:13 PM

yeah im keeping it yellow ive done some surching and you dont find to many yellow toys out there... mine has factory a/c and the guy before me had power steering installed. what all does yours have extra that you know of ?
Mine has stock p/s, tilt wheel, the "wood grain" dash, carpeted door panels, stuff like that. My 79 had p/s and air cond. though the a/c didn't work haha
Old 10-18-2012, 12:32 PM

Mine has stock p/s, tilt wheel, the "wood grain" dash, carpeted door panels, stuff like that. My 79 had p/s and air cond. though the a/c didn't work haha
my ac compressor is locked up so its not working right now and i just answered my question on the wood grain dash thanks

Last edited by duckmaster88; 10-18-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:22 PM

i really love how clean this first gen is, what did you have to give for it? missing an arm and a leg are we?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:23 PM

my ac compressor is locked up so its not working right now and i just answered my question on the wood grain dash thanks
To be honest where I live a/c isn't really that important.

Originally Posted by westjohns yota
i really love how clean this first gen is, what did you have to give for it? missing an arm and a leg are we?
Thanks, I only paid $1900 with a bed full of bumpers, parts, and a set of 33/12.5/15 m/ts. Little more than I wanted to spend but I looked at so many in worse shape for more...
Old 10-18-2012, 05:05 PM

To be honest where I live a/c isn't really that important.

Thanks, I only paid $1900 with a bed full of bumpers, parts, and a set of 33/12.5/15 m/ts. Little more than I wanted to spend but I looked at so many in worse shape for more...
you got a good deal i gave 17 for mine with the winch bumper and stepbars i got it from southernz (guy on here) check out his thread if you want to see what all has been done to it he took better pics than me! i had only a few hours to drive from mississippi to louisiana and pick it and another truck up and first thing the next morning went to dmv and back back to mississippi then to tennessee so i didnt have much time to get good pice or mess around with it! cant wait to get home to work on it!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:18 PM

you got a good deal i gave 17 for mine with the winch bumper and stepbars i got it from southernz (guy on here) check out his thread if you want to see what all has been done to it he took better pics than me! i had only a few hours to drive from mississippi to louisiana and pick it and another truck up and first thing the next morning went to dmv and back back to mississippi then to tennessee so i didnt have much time to get good pice or mess around with it! cant wait to get home to work on it!
Yeah I swore I had seen that truck on here before lol small world. Sounds like your a pretty busy guy I love having the old truck to just have something to tinker with, but i've been way to enveloped in college so my truck doesn't get worked on till the weekend, but its been great as a daily! at least 50mi a day and running like a top
Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 AM

Yeah I swore I had seen that truck on here before lol small world. Sounds like your a pretty busy guy I love having the old truck to just have something to tinker with, but i've been way to enveloped in college so my truck doesn't get worked on till the weekend, but its been great as a daily! at least 50mi a day and running like a top
just a question i take it your younger with college and the name 17toy... ?

Quick Reply: 17toyotaman's 1980 Toyota build