Utah Utah Chapter

Welcome to Utah Yotatech 4ROC......

Old 01-14-2010, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man i just moved to provo a week or so ago for school

94 pickup SR5
the only trail i've on was a rocky trail over a hill near terlingua, tx
easy to moderate - i've got a totally stock truck and no experience. i prefer driving somewhere, camping, and going home. looking for a place for this weekend, in fact.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm Randy. lived in st. george for 5 years.

89 4runner that we (wife and 3 kids) use to explore southern utah backroads mostly. I can't take seeing a dirt road and not knowing where it goes!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey fellas,
I am kind of hot and cold with yotatech sometimes (get busy then slow), so I didn't know this Utah section was here. Thanks to Corey and Wormhole for taking the initiative. I'm located in the Draper/Suncrest area, so I'm close to Lehi and American Fork Canyon. I love getting my tires dusty, and my wife is usually up for a little wheeling. Check out my rig in my sig line - I'll be posting up in the other thread with a couple of pictures as well.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:01 PM

4biker, I'm hoping to get a run together to run up to Forrest Lake once the snow is gone. Your more than welcome to come along. I'll post up trip information later on.

This was the last run I did up there, first time being there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLvrsSyIxok
Old 01-18-2010, 06:36 PM

That was a fun time. Hit me up when you get that run organized. Unfortunately, my truck might be sold by then. But if fortune shines on me, I'll have a 4th Gen 4Runner (technically will be the wife's, but I'm sure she'll let me borrow it).
Old 01-18-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by cackalak han
That was a fun time. Hit me up when you get that run organized. Unfortunately, my truck might be sold by then. But if fortune shines on me, I'll have a 4th Gen 4Runner (technically will be the wife's, but I'm sure she'll let me borrow it).
I replied to your post over on expo. I'm sure we can organize a run that will put your wifies mind at easy that your won't damamge the 4runner. Think 5-mile pass, Pony Express Trail, Skyline Drive would do. Forrest lake wounldn't be a problem I don't think.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

Us colorado peeps come to Moab often, maybe we can plan a joint trip sometime!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by wormhole
I replied to your post over on expo. I'm sure we can organize a run that will put your wifies mind at easy that your won't damamge the 4runner. Think 5-mile pass, Pony Express Trail, Skyline Drive would do. Forrest lake wounldn't be a problem I don't think.
She's not going to mind. I might end up taking the sliders off of the Tacoma and put it on the 4Runner, so Forest Lake won't be a problem. Although, it won't be a problem without the sliders anyway. I'm more worried about the low overhang of the front/rear bumpers.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:18 PM

That looks like fun - I've got to take advantage of my annual pass at $45! There are plenty of places to drive up there, so I'm up for it. I'll watch out for trail runs in this section. I wonder if we should set up a "social group," so we could notify each other before an organized trail run. Does anyone know how that works? I would have gone out to 5-mile pass last weekend if I had known it was happening.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by 4biker
I wonder if we should set up a "social group," so we could notify each other before an organized trail run. Does anyone know how that works?
I'm thinking that we should have whoever's organizing the event PM everyone in the Utah chapter. Set your PM notifications to be sent to your email so that you'll know when an event takes place, especially if you're not on here too much.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 AM

Would someone like to send me a message with the directions to these trails- I'll be out in a little over a week!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by klinc207
Would someone like to send me a message with the directions to these trails- I'll be out in a little over a week!
You can find coordinates and directions to most trails HERE
Old 01-19-2010, 05:18 PM

I'm thinking that we should have whoever's organizing the event PM everyone in the Utah chapter. Set your PM notifications to be sent to your email so that you'll know when an event takes place, especially if you're not on here too much.
That sounds like a good idea - I guess we have a little recruiting to do to increase our numbers
Old 01-19-2010, 05:24 PM

Hey all Utahns. I have the 22re clacks, ticks, slaps etc., and since I am a newbie, I'm not sure if this is a normal sound (it seems like a lot of people on here just consider it normal) or if it is something more serious.
I was wondering if someone knowledgeable with 22res could listen to it, and tell me what they think?
I live in SLC, so it would have to be somewhere pretty close. Anyways, thought I'd give it a try per cackalak's recommendation.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:27 PM

Oh, and count me in for the group ride.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:40 PM

Hey Utahn's I'm originally from Ogden but i just recently moved to Laramie Wyoming for school. I'm attending Wyo-tech. which is an pretty awesome. I'm pretty much writing this because i want to join this group and I'll sure try to make it to some of the trips
Old 01-30-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by stave
Hey Utahn's I'm originally from Ogden but i just recently moved to Laramie Wyoming for school. I'm attending Wyo-tech. which is an pretty awesome. I'm pretty much writing this because i want to join this group and I'll sure try to make it to some of the trips
Just keep checking back every now and again.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:51 AM

I'm not going to sell my truck!! So I'm ready whenever you guys are.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:03 PM

I'm not going to sell my truck!! So I'm ready whenever you guys are.
Why, the change of heart?
Old 02-06-2010, 06:01 PM

Basically, I just use the truck (bed) way too much. House projects (hauling dirt, drywall, etc.), helping people move, etc. Thought I could do with a trailer and 4Runner, but just a big hassle.

But I still need to get the wife something safer. Maybe a CRV or Highlander. Might still go with a 3rd Gen 4Runner (Limited--99-02). Trying to decide if that VSC/TRAC will be worth it or my selfish side is saying go with a 99-00 w/ RR Locker.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Utah Yotatech 4ROC......