Other Makes Cars/Trucks Own a different car or truck other than a Toyota?

Head Gasket: Buick lasabre

Old 12-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head Gasket: Buick lasabre

I do apologize for putting this post in this section but I need some opinions.

I've done head gasket repairs before and they are a b*tch to do... on any vehicle really. Time consuming!

Anyway here is the situation. I live in the rocky mountains of Colorado. My girlfriend's 2003 buick lasabre just passed the 90,000 mile warranty and GUESS WHAT??? The gasket blew. Water in the oil, oil in the radiator.

Anyway its too cold up here to do work until the summer and with winter blarring up i'm going to do the unspeakable. You know where i'm going with this...

I've heard good reviews with blue devil and steel seal. Before you guys troll on me listen. I will fix this in the summer it's no problem. You try doing an engine repair without a garage in the middle of winter. All the rich people that live here are selfish too lol.

So i'm going to do a quick fix till then and i want peoples reviews for the "best" one. Not the "don't do it and just get it repaired" outlook. Yeah i know... got it... x3000 lol.

Oh and if the sealent fails... she can walk, just like i do. I only use my truck to pull my neighbors out and to go to the store. So that is not an issue.

So give me some feedback please. Thanks.

Last edited by dropzone; 12-11-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Language
Old 12-09-2011, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I just used bars leak copper block and head gasket sealer the other day on a gm 3.1 It stopped smoking in five minutes. I used k&w gasket sealer in the green bottle in my rodeo because it has a cracked head. It really slowed the leak up but did not stop it.

In my opinion you get what you pay for but I would go with the pour and go type. If it was me I would get the $35 bars leak bottle which is what I should have gotten. Make sure the instructions do not say anything about draining the antifreeze. You want a pour and fix bottle. The other stuff like blue devil will never come out. The pour and go stuff can be flushed out easier after you fix it correctly.