Motorcycles Motorcycles of any kind including ATVs

Horrible Motorcycle Accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horrible Motorcycle Accident

so i was on my way home from the local movies, i saw transformers and it was sick, when were turning onto a local main road and some guy gets in a horrible motorcycle accident...he dropped the bike coming around a turn, couldnt tell the speed he was going, hit a curb and flipped front over about 2 or 3 times, at one point he was about 25 feet in the air. my buddy pulled the car over, and i ran over to him and was the first one there, i called 911 while i was running, and when i got to him gave them the details and his condition, which was he was dead...police came and i told them that he was unconscious, not breathing, had no pulse and was most likely dead or very near death. minutes later they pronounced him dead, and i had to fill out a report for a fatal accident...it was hard tough to have someone die inches in front of myself, but i guess whats bothering me the worst is i couldnt do anything...i feel bad for the guy, he was in his late 20's, and even worse for his family...i just wish he would have let go of the bike, if he would have he would have made it....

i had to vent it out i guess you could say...
Old 07-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
omg that sucks
Old 07-04-2007, 12:18 AM

should'a would'a could'a...but didn't.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:23 AM

I saw some jackass dump a street bike around a corner like that, once. He didn't die though... So it was just funny.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:24 AM

Death is always a hard subject, I can't imagine how it's got to make you feel to see what you did. Amazing how just like that it can be your time huh? Stay safe guys! 91tpu try to keep your spirits up. We have much to be greatful for!

here's to romping another day!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 91TPU
so i was on my way home from the local movies, i saw transformers and it was sick, when were turning onto a local main road and some guy gets in a horrible motorcycle accident...

i had to vent it out i guess you could say...
91TPU...you NEED some critical incident stress de-briefing. No kidding.
The feelings you have a very normal, and to be expected, when a fellow human departs this mortal coil before your very eyes. Your desire to wish to have done more is also normal. Understand that, within yourself, you DID do all you could. Also, you had no bearing on the outcome. Some blame God, others Darwin. Regardless, find someone to talk to about this...clergy, family, whomever you want to share this with. The main point is to talk it out and understand why you feel this way.
Thanks for taking the time to try to assist. Many times passers by will continue to do just that...pass by.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Blair
91TPU...you NEED some critical incident stress de-briefing. No kidding.
The feelings you have a very normal, and to be expected, when a fellow human departs this mortal coil before your very eyes. Your desire to wish to have done more is also normal. Understand that, within yourself, you DID do all you could. Also, you had no bearing on the outcome. Some blame God, others Darwin. Regardless, find someone to talk to about this...clergy, family, whomever you want to share this with. The main point is to talk it out and understand why you feel this way.
Thanks for taking the time to try to assist. Many times passers by will continue to do just that...pass by.
im pretty good now, i talked to one of my friends, and he was like dude, you did what you could, most people would have done nothing and continued on....so im feeling good now...when i saw it tho i was like holy hell, pull the car over now...i dont think i have ever run that fast, i ran like half a football field in like seconds, ps verizons 911 service sucks a lot. i dont blame anyone other then the person riding the bike, it was late, too late to be riding, maybe he was tired, maybe he was a first time rider, maybe he just took the turn a lil too hot, ill never know, but i know i was there and i tried, if i could have done more i would have, but when i got there he wasnt breathing, slight pulse if any, and he def had a broken femur cuz his leg was mangled
Old 07-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

Like blair said talk it out with people... you did what you could which is absolutely all you can do... in fact you did more than most would have...
you are not responsible for the unfortunate outcome...
Keep your chin up... Aviator
Old 07-04-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How was the Movie ?

Gonna go see it on Friday
Old 07-04-2007, 10:31 AM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hear ya, that kinda thing is the very reason I am no longer a firefighter. I couldnt take it anymore combined with working for towing companies here and there and going to fatals.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by 4Hummer
How was the Movie ?

Gonna go see it on Friday
see it, it was more then worth my 10 bucks...i was blown away. and dont listen to anyone that says it was so so, cuz it was anything but...
Old 07-04-2007, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by CJM
I hear ya, that kinda thing is the very reason I am no longer a firefighter. I couldnt take it anymore combined with working for towing companies here and there and going to fatals.
see it doesnt faze me so much being there, life is life, you live you die, that doesnt mean i want people to die, but everyone has their time. just being unable to do anything is what was bothering me, but everyone has told me, including close police officers, etc, that its just part of life, and just being there was doing more then necessary...
Old 07-04-2007, 11:01 AM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 91TPU
see it doesnt faze me so much being there, life is life, you live you die, that doesnt mean i want people to die, but everyone has their time. just being unable to do anything is what was bothering me, but everyone has told me, including close police officers, etc, that its just part of life, and just being there was doing more then necessary...
Doing it for awhile gets to you, trust me.

As for doing anymore, you did what you could and that was that. Nothing you coulda done could have saved him.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Helmet or no?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
Helmet or no?
full faced shoei, its illegal to ride in NJ without a helmet, and its strictly enforced.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChickenLover
I saw some jackass dump a street bike around a corner like that, once. He didn't die though... So it was just funny.
Yes... some "jackass". Because it was his fault that there was probably debris or it was wet...
Old 07-04-2007, 04:56 PM

Exactly.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Contributing Member

I've seen some bad wrecks my self. You did more than you had to and all that you could. I feel for the guys family and him It's unfortunate how easy one mistake can cost so much. Everyone be safe.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Keggo
Yes... some "jackass". Because it was his fault that there was probably debris or it was wet...
huh? I have seen tons of street bike wrecks and only one of them not be the drivers fault...
Old 07-05-2007, 05:58 AM
Contributing Member

Death is a tough deal for most folks, and all to often it comes at us so suddenly, especially for the guy on the bike. After spending time in the 1st Gulf war, and God getting a grip on my life, I don't find it that difficult to deal with. The real scary part is, where does one go after death. Some will say life just ends, others say we are re-incarnitated into something else (a rat maybe), and yet others say our spirts go on to one of two places; smokin hot or pleasently cool. I find it amazing: People will invest their lives in the research of something like their hobby, but won't take the time to figure out what happens to their spirit when they croak.

Hence my signature:

Last edited by SteveO; 07-05-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Horrible Motorcycle Accident