Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

wrangler duratrac

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrangler duratrac

i just ordered a set of 31-10.50-15's goodyear wrangler duratrac's for $610. has any one had any experience yet with that tire? it looks half like a silent armor and a mud terrain. thanks in advance http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...=Light%20Truck
Old 02-20-2009, 01:43 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
How many ply are the sidewalls ? If 2 well youll probably be sorry the first time you hit a rough rock patch. They look nice with a mildly agressive tread...
Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 PM

in my size there load range c but in others they can be e load
Old 03-16-2009, 06:12 PM

I think Im going to get these tires. How do you like 'em so far? Have you done any off-roading yet?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:59 PM

haven't done any off roading yet. ride is ok if not a little soft on the sidewalls. not too loud on the road yet but they're still new and round. i've put about 300 miles so far
Old 03-19-2009, 04:05 PM

I found a really good deal on mine also but the deal was only for load range E. They come in tomorrow can't wait!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:38 AM

These look like a good compromise tire between an A/T and M/T. This is the first I've seen them, so keep us all posted on how they do!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:01 AM

That's why i went with them too. and my son works for GY. i didn't want anything too agressive like a m/t and i didn't want street tires either. and BFG's are outa control. so far so good. i may be looking to do some light wheeling in the near future, but i don't have anybody to run with. so i can't get to crazy with the off roading
Old 03-20-2009, 06:58 AM

I did some digging and found this pic. There are several people running them from other forums and reviews so far have been good. Since they're so new, there's not a lot out there on them, so post up if you have any experiences with them.
Attached Thumbnails wrangler duratrac-wranglerduratrac.jpg  
Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 PM

I just stopped by our local Goodyear tire store and saw the Duratrac's in person. These are great looking tires! Way more aggressive in person than the pictures show. The manager has them on his truck and says they're slightly louder than the Goodyear Silent Armour tires, but way better traction. In the 285/75/16 size, they retail for $230 each, mounted and balanced, but he would've given me a better deal...probably $200 a shot. Looks like these might be my next set of shoes!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 AM

depends on the application, and previous experience. I've had MTR's on my jeep, and wrangler silentarmors on my Tundra. I've also run Allterrain T/A's on my Gm Sonoma. Currently my 1 ton has Duratracs. I have no complaints whatsoever with these tires. I used them primarily for work in the bush. I do about 60/40 bush roads/highway driving and they are far superior to anything else that we've had on the work trucks. I've yet to use them in snow or icy condiiotns, which we run into for about 8 months of the year up here. Quiet on the highway (as compared to the MTR's) and handling is actually impressive. I know nothing of the wear because i've only had them for 4months, mind you I've put about 13,000km's on them and they still look new (keep in mind about 60% of that is in the bush, drill roads and such) I prefer these tires over allterrain T/A's for their excellent off-road characteristics but fenominal pavement performance. But, like I said, depends on application. I'm putting these on my personal truck for fishing!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:37 PM

They definitely look better in person than in the pics.

Last edited by KVRunner; 07-15-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:23 PM

duratracs rock, glad you brought up this thread so I could recycle some recent pics of my rig with 235-85-r16 duratracs on.

quiet on road and much stickier in the rain than my past experiences with BFG Mudders (KM) and the MT-R's on previous jeeps.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jeez I like those tires. I may have to keep the build a little more mild at the next stage and get some of these in 33's. I'll have to find out if they make them in a 33/10.50/15.

Keep on with the updates folks.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i put a set or 245/75/16s on my 06 pilot. yea they are sweet.
hope they hold up to our roads
Old 07-26-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkers88
Jeez I like those tires. I may have to keep the build a little more mild at the next stage and get some of these in 33's. I'll have to find out if they make them in a 33/10.50/15.

Keep on with the updates folks.
NO kinding eh. It wish more than BFG and off-brands made 33x10.5's
Old 07-28-2009, 06:08 PM

Just a lil FYI--

I like these tires so much I bought them each a beer! Kinda reminds me of the Goodyear Workhorse with a bunch more siping & they have held up very well to the sharp rocks around here. I'm not a mud-bogger, but I can say these treads work well on greasy dirt roads & jeep trails. The tread cleans out very fast, and the tire profile (basically a 32x9) seems to work well on the Taco alloy rims & tuck under the fenders nicely. I would post my stock IFS front & beat-down 175,000-mile rear flexing these treads, but I don't wanna be laughed at, so...

Anyways, these rock, buy them if you are considering it,

Oh yeah, they are made in the USA, the only other tire manufacturer in the US is Cooper.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by AZ89LONGBED
Just a lil FYI--

I like these tires so much I bought them each a beer! Kinda reminds me of the Goodyear Workhorse with a bunch more siping & they have held up very well to the sharp rocks around here. I'm not a mud-bogger, but I can say these treads work well on greasy dirt roads & jeep trails. The tread cleans out very fast, and the tire profile (basically a 32x9) seems to work well on the Taco alloy rims & tuck under the fenders nicely. I would post my stock IFS front & beat-down 175,000-mile rear flexing these treads, but I don't wanna be laughed at, so...

Anyways, these rock, buy them if you are considering it,

Oh yeah, they are made in the USA, the only other tire manufacturer in the US is Cooper.
How have the 235/85s worked for you on the highway, and have you been in sand with them? Also, did you notice any mileage impacts (good or bad) on the road?

I have an '09 Taco and am seriously considering DuraTracs in that size. Largely, I'm hoping to get the same mileage on a heavier/more aggressive tire vs my current 265/70r16 stock Rugged Trail BFGs or the likely 265/75s I'd go to otherwise. My biggest concern is that there are a few places in the Vermillion Cliffs and Grand Staircase I like that have some pretty sandy patches, so I'm wondering how much sand handling ability I lose with the narrower tire (about 1.25 inches narrower than what I have). I don't do the dunes however. The other issue is that 90% of my wheeling is done 500+ miles from home, so I need good highway manners and mileage.

Any reports you have on mileage and sand impacts would help.

Oh, also, what load range are you running? I can only find these listed in load range E and I'm wondering how harsh that makes them versus the current stock passenger Rugged Trails. Do you have to air down a lot off road with the narrower LT Dura Tracs? What PSI are you running on the road?

Thanks!
David in Phoenix
Old 08-04-2009, 02:05 PM

i'm running 35 psi on the front and 40 psi on the rears, and I haven't seen any funny wear yet. These tires are load range E, and they have been a good on-road tire for me, and I have seen a slight (less than 1-2 mpg) loss in gas mileage.

The ride is definitely stiffer, although not too harsh for my liking. I haven't found much sand around here, but they do seem to bite & hold in just about every other off-road condition. I haven't aired these down, but I would imagine if they were at 10-15 PSI the ride would be much better on rocky 2-tracks.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by AZ89LONGBED
i'm running 35 psi on the front and 40 psi on the rears, and I haven't seen any funny wear yet. These tires are load range E, and they have been a good on-road tire for me, and I have seen a slight (less than 1-2 mpg) loss in gas mileage.

The ride is definitely stiffer, although not too harsh for my liking. I haven't found much sand around here, but they do seem to bite & hold in just about every other off-road condition. I haven't aired these down, but I would imagine if they were at 10-15 PSI the ride would be much better on rocky 2-tracks.
Thanks, that's helpful. BTW, what shoes did you have on before you went to these?

Quick Reply: wrangler duratrac