Camping, Expedition, & Overlanding Gear Discussion pertaining to outfitting yourself with gear for the great outdoors

List camping gear that makes your camping/expedition trips better

Old 02-02-2014, 02:21 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks Chef.

Did not realize the lids were like mirrors.
I can see myself, my PRS 408 guitar, the TV, those lids are shiny

I really like how this whole set nests within itself.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A thing I found in the magazine "Handy Man" that I think is a good camp or home item is the bags from Ikea. There big and only .99 cents i think. I use one for bringing firewood in. I told my wife to get another 1 or 2 next time she is there so I can add it to my camp gear.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:56 PM

my roof rack from cabelas! makes carrying stuff so much easier when cargo area is maxed out.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:24 AM

Other then the obvious, I bring a 20" chain saw for clear the roads as needed, at least 20 gallons of gasoline to get out, come-a-longs in case the winch dies out, chains, snatch block, and as always duct tape because it can fix so many things (even the guy I was guiding fly fishing - not kidding).
Old 09-11-2015, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

Tomorrow's Adventure Depends on How Well You Sleep Tonight.

Good morning YotaTechers. I am new here and it's about time because I have the best camping mattress to hit the market and you guys need it. Judging from a few of the photos attached to this site, there are a lot of middle age bones out there that will benefit from sleeping on my mattress.

Mitchell Schliebs

The closest competition to my mattress is in a hotel room

We manufacture 4 basic styles:
Truck Bed Mattress
RTT Mattress with patterns for CVT, Petui, ARB and more
Camping Mat
RV / Trailer mattress
www.RVandOffroad.com
Attached Thumbnails List camping gear that makes your camping/expedition trips better-toyota-4-runner..jpg   List camping gear that makes your camping/expedition trips better-toyota-tundra-1..jpg   List camping gear that makes your camping/expedition trips better-toyota-tacoma-2.jpg  
Old 09-11-2015, 08:48 AM

Nice! That mattress is pretty neat, and I know plenty of people (myself included) that could use that. I will give them the think!

I have a tiny trailer (a '78 12 foot - Jayco I think?) and we put an actual bed matress on the big bed. We have a table for camping we eat at so having that extra seating isn't really a need for us. We just leave the bed made, and don't fuss with it. That was the best thing we have done inside the camper.

I keep all of our camping essentials like rugs, towels, TP, Aluminum Foil, and stuff like that in a rubbermaid tote so no matter if we camp in the trailer, tent, or bed of the truck/4Runner we have the basics. It's portable, watertight, and easy to just grab it and go.

It's more for hunting than anything else, but I also have a hunter's orange backpack full of survival stuff. It has a magnesium fire starter, emergency flashlight, space blankets, meal bars, rain ponchos, a hand saw, knife, and a bunch of other stuff inside it. Anytime we go 4 wheeling, camping, hiking, or hunting it goes with us. I wear it all the time when we are on foot, and it's super comfy. I love the peace of mind knowing that if we got stuck or stranded we would be able to make it a few days on just what is inside the pack.