Photography/Cameras Camera and photography advice

Mt. Rainier Auburn, FJs with tents via LG Dare cell phone

Old 05-31-2009, 06:53 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Mt. Rainier Auburn, FJs with tents via LG Dare cell phone

We have had a run of good sunny weather here in Western Washington for going on now the second week.
Temps around 80 for the past few days.

I snagged these pics of Mt. Rainier as I was approaching my town of Auburn coming off the highway ramp, and one from in town before I head up the hill to my home.

The full size pics are 2048x1536, and I think the LG Dare phone shoots in 3.1 megapixels, or something like that.
It takes pretty decent photos, and this is with a dirty lens, as I have not cleaned it in the year that it has hung around my work badge exposed to rain and dirt at work and elsewhere.

I am an early riser on Sunday mornings so I will be tired by the time it is time to turn in Sunday night to get up early for work.
I usually hit Safeway around 5:20 am or so on Sunday for my weeks groceries.

I pull in this morning to get my usual parking spot when another rig caught my eye, so I had to doulbe back and park over by it.
As I was whipping out my cell phone to snag a pic, the owner came out of Safeway.
He knew me when I mentioned my screen name on the forums I use, as he has seen my threads/posts.
Asked if he was a member of fjcruiserforums.com, and he was not, but he reads it and has seen my rig/posts on the forum.

His AutoHome tent looks similar to mine, but it is not the Maggiolina model like mine, but it is the Columbus, and the sub model called the Variant.
http://www.autohomeus.com/rooftop/variant.php
It opens up from the rear with gas struts instead of lifting up like a tent trailer like mine.
He has camped in it quite a bit, and like me, he said it is much more comfortable than sleeping on the ground.

his too is mounted on the stock roof rack.
He does get buffeted on the highway from the wind a bit, but not as bad as I do.
Mine can be contributed to the rig having a 3" lift on it.
He will bet getting the OME lift like mine before to long.
I also mentioned to him to keep an eye out for the new upcoming BajaRack that is designed for our style of roof top tent that will get it much lower to the roof.

That should help me substantially when encountering high winds on the highway.