Photography/Cameras Camera and photography advice

Good news for Vimeo users

Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Good news for Vimeo users

Got this in my email today.
I am a "Plus" member, so I pay a yearly fee to upload/share my videos with Vimeo.
It is worth the money though over the free account.
I have a YouTube account, (YotaTech) but I feel Vimeo is way better.
5 GB file uploads are here.

Now more than ever it's a great time to be a Vimeo Plus member. We are now accepting up to 5GB uploads with our awesome new ajax uploader! This update is great for many reasons -- it means filmmakers can upload full-feature films in HD, parents can upload their kid's entire soccer game, and your Aunt Martha can upload 2.5 hours of stunning HD video of her cat taking a nap!
Learn more

Custom URLs for your videos

Can't remember a specific URL to one of your videos? Now it's a snap! You can now set a memorable human-readable shortcut to your video URL. Custom URLs combine both your custom profile URL and a word or sentence you choose. Try it out in any of your video's settings.
Learn more

Better HD embedding for Plus users

Back when we made HD embedding free and unlimited for Plus users we also changed the default embed quality to SD and left it up to the viewer to choose HD. Now Plus members can default viewers to HD resolution on your embedded videos. Woo! Look for this setting on any HD video's embed settings page. You can also update all of your videos at once on the video default settings page.

Hide your activity on your profile page

You can now hide the activity module from your profile page. This is a small tweak people have been requesting for a long time and we're glad to finally offer it as an option. You can find this option on your profile settings page.

Canon and Vimeo hosted the largest collaborative, user-generated film effort in history

The Story Beyond The Still HD video contest launched the Canon 7D, offering aspiring filmmakers an affordable high-end DSLR, with the ability to shoot big screen quality films. Hosted on Vimeo, it quickly became the largest collaborative, user-generated film effort in history. The final collective film premiered at Sundance and now you have the chance to see how it all ended.
Check it out

Nokia Interactive Play Awesomeness

We're always innovating different ways of watching videos and this new, interactive method is pretty cool. See it in action over at the Nokia HD Channel. It's like, totally sweet.