3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

Technical Info, TIS vin not found

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Technical Info, TIS vin not found

Hi All, planning a swap of a 99 4Runner 3.4 into a 90 3.0 Pickup. I followed the advice I have read online, and purchased a 2 day subscription to TIS. The VIN of the Donor 3.4 vehicle, a 99 4Runner comes up as TCI Vin says (This is a TCI Vehicle VIN number and it may not contain all information expected.) and the information in the Flat rate manual is for a car, not the 4Runner.

The VIN for the recipient vehicle, a 90 Pickup does not exist in the data base. There is no EWD for any pickup any year pickup at all until the Tacomas. Am i doing something wrong? Every thread I read talks about using TIS for exact VIN EWD's, but the ones I found for the 99 4Runner seem to be generic, not VIN specific.

Can anyone shine some light on this before my subscription expires?

Thanks,

Ian
Old 12-16-2016, 01:33 PM

For anyone else having this problem, Look under "truck" for pre Tacoma EWD's. "Pickup" has nothing. Apparently there is a difference. haha. Anyways I was able to download 6 years of EWD's, each vehicle year plus 1 year on each side of the actual vehicle year just in case. They are not VIN specific, but hopefully enough. If ANYONE knows the answer to my question, please respond. I wouldn't mind having to get a new subscription if I knew there was VIN specific info available.

Thanks again.
Ian
Old 12-17-2016, 07:01 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
You don't need vin specific. The only real differences will be california spec. emissions, or if its limited. But even then, as long as you down load all engine/trans/ combination meter, etc EWD's
they have little notes for the variances.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:03 PM

You don't need vin specific. The only real differences will be california spec. emissions, or if its limited. But even then, as long as you down load all engine/trans/ combination meter, etc EWD's
they have little notes for the variances.
Okay perfect, that is what i did. I was under the impression that tis provided VIN specific info, but that even sounded crazy to me. I think I should be good to go.