3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

Powering up the ECU

Old 01-05-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Powering up the ECU

I was hoping to get some simple clarification on what all the ECU needs to turn on properly. How many wires does it take to power up the ECU? I am in the middle of my wiring right now and having some troubles with it and am getting myself a little confused I think. Too many hours thinking about wires probably! For the ECU to turn on properly what power sources need to hooked up?
  • BATT+ constant on
  • +B wire?
  • ignition power source?
  • efi relay?
Right now I have the BATT constant on hooked up ok i think. I know I also need power from the ignition once it goes past ACC, the ecu should be on during start and run only correct? But I am getting a little lost here as to how this works with the EFI relay, the COR and probably a few other things that get involved as I am tracing the wires on my diagrams.

As far as I can tell, I do have the OBDII port hooked up correctly, this is what I am using to see if the ECU is on. It powers up my Bluetooth scanner just fine, but tells me the ECU is not connected yet. I have the shielded signal wire, violet power wire, and 2 grounds all hooked up on this, so I hope this isn't part of the problem.

Not that this will really help with out getting too involved, here is my connection sheet for anyone willing to take a look and see where I am at with it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...7uU/edit#gid=0

Thanks in advance for any guidance here. Cant wait to get this thing going finally!

Last edited by mbomberz1; 01-05-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need constant power and ign power to power it up.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:02 PM

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by bklf7
I'm pretty sure you need constant power and ign power to power it up.

Thanks a bunch for the reply. I was able to clarify my issue that was confusing me, it was all around the EFI relay. Here is a post in my build thread that explains it further if anyone has any insight that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f160...l#post52348128

Search this Thread