3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

olipabs 3.0 to 3.4 JDM swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
olipabs 3.0 to 3.4 JDM swap

Hey guys, I just bought a 3.4 engine from a 4runner with an ECU and harness for... 400 CANADIAN dollars!! I found it in the local ads the day my 3.0 ˟˟˟˟ itself and threw a rod. I thought wow this must be fate..

I had done absolutely no research into this as usual and it turns out the engine itself is JDM, the ECU is from a Hilux Surf and the Harness is also from a Hilux Surf. The harness is cut in a few places but either way for the price I still feel it is a bargain. Anyway I will be putting the whole swap up for you guys to laugh at my pain. I have so far got the engine pretty much ready to pull (I have done very little in the way of mechanics in my life). At the moment there are two bolts left on the bellhousing just sniggering at me whilst I swear at them. I also need to remove the PS pump but then it is good to go.

The engine itself is in pretty good condition as far as I can tell. They guy said the valve covers leaked so I will put new gaskets on that, and I am going to do the rear main seal as well. I think everything should be OK but I am a little worried about the wiring when that comes around. I think I will also try and rebuild the 3.0 and put that in a dead 4runner to flip it. Anyway photos to come - moral support always appreciated!

I was also considering making a complete idiot proof step by step guide (in PDF or something) of how to do the swap - because I would really like myself right now.