3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

93 cab 3.4 swap ifs vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 cab 3.4 swap ifs vacuum lines

Hey guys I have a 93 4 Runner with original ifs I plan on doing the single axle Swap soon just finished installing a 3.4 from an 04 Tacoma the front differential has two vacuum lines going up to two vacuum valves on the passenger fender well my question is where do you plug the other end of those vacuum valves?

Thank you yota409
Old 12-20-2016, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My old girl has manual hubs, but I'm guessing that these are the actuator lines from your ADD. One to engage and one to disengage. I'd tie them into a vacuum source from your intake. Preferably something with an equal diameter. An electrical signal will open one and close the other to work your actuator. Only one is going to be open at a time so a single source with a tee should supply both. Again, not real familiar with that setup but if it works like a 3rd gen actuator, that should work fine. There should be specs for the draw that they need downstream of the VSVs so you may want to look that up and make sure you are supplying enough vacuum.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes there are a set of t's that are plumbed inline on the top and the two from the differential going to the bottom the lines on the top seem to be going through the passenger fender well originally because I did the 3.4 swap I don't have a lot of that old vacuum stuff from the old 3.0 so where should I plumb it into or is there an aftermarket peace they sell specifically for that
Old 12-21-2016, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man I just parted one out not three weeks ago and I could have told you exactly where to look but I just threw all that stuff in a box. Do a search for vacuum plumbing diagram for a 4WD vehicle like your engine came out of and you'll find the vacuum supply for the ADD VSVs. That's where you'll tie in.