Engine Swaps Swapping an engine in your Toy, here is where to learn how

Toy Swap stumped with Passlock problems.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toy Swap stumped with Passlock problems.

Hi,
A few weeks ago my boyfriend started an engine swap project. The victim is an 89 Toyota Pickup s5r 2.2r, and he put a 99 Chevy astro van 4.3l v6 engine and transmission in. Modification was easy and so was the wiring once we were able to get the right schematics. However we are still stuck with a pass lock problem.

The truck starts and shuts of right away. what he did... and this is where I keep telling him that something isn't right, but you know how guys don't like being correct by women. So he asked me to come on here and ask for some advice he could trust.
Okay so here is what he did with the wiring.

In the Toyota, he changed out the instrument cluster which actually is from a 93 4runner v6, he picked up from the Junkyard, because the Chevy's didn't fit right. He also got another pass lock module & sensor from the junkyard . I guest just for ˟˟˟˟s and giggles, Changed over to the astro van computer, added in all the sensor, and wiring harness but also left some of the wiring from the Toyota. I believe he left some of those wires mainly for the fuel circuits. Although he removed the fuel sender wire, ambient air temp wire, anti lock brakes wire and extended the maf sensor wires. another thing that doesn't add up to me is that when he put the instrument cluster in which is a four plug non cable driven he was going to wire it up following the chevy's wiring diagram instrument cluster . I'm not sure about what type of question I have here I just know that the truck wont run and we tried the relearn procedure already. If anyone can help with some advice, we both would really appreciate it.
Thanks for your time.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:32 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Without knowing just what he did impossible to tell.

Just how was the fuel pump interfaced with the chevy engine computer ??

I think for some reason the fuel pump might be dropping out .

Just a guess really .

It could be something as simple as a poor connection or a plug miss wired .

Then the Toyota may just be rejecting the chevy engine !!!