Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/Pardoes Trail August 27-28 2011

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Exhaust is fixed, next is rear end and valve cover gaskets... this trip is looking good for me in the near future.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:07 AM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by chrismcdowell25
If someone wants to check out some below snow areas and a supposed cool mine there is a place down by the Bay called New Idria. I haven't been out there and didn't want to get lost out in the hills on my own. But if anyone wants to check it out one weekend I'm down to go. I hear there are tons of trails in the hills but I don't know how fun they'd be. I think you could get to the mine and home in a half or full day. But if anyone wants to check out some trails in the hills we could probably make it a full weekend trip.

http://www.new-idria.org/

Google Maps

lets go .. when will you be ready .. this weekend ..
Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I am good for this weekend. I'll just have to double check. I'll also see if I can get a buddy to come but I think he'll probably flake.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
Exhaust is fixed, next is rear end and valve cover gaskets... this trip is looking good for me in the near future.
I just picked up my valve cover gasket today, I am planing on doing it after soccer this saterday, and fix a small exhaust leak.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
I just picked up my valve cover gasket today, I am planing on doing it after soccer this saterday, and fix a small exhaust leak.
Sick! you should paint your Valve cover while its off! add a little bling to that 400k mile 22re... she sure deserves it. lol
Old 04-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
wanna come fix my exhaust while you're at it? lol, i've got swiss cheese exhaust from about the middle of the truck to the tailpipe. i think its time to just outright replace the whole system. somehow smogged up just fine last week - thank god, 'cuz i was a little worried there for a sec (mystery disappearing/burning oil, noisy neglected valves, etc etc).

i don't think i'll be able to make it out with you guys this weekend - gotta go to IKEA and buy a kitchen before everyone goes the weekend after trying to get orders in before promotion ends - besides, i don't think i'd get too far since my Toyo's rub even after cutting (need to just keep cutting i guess)...YAY, more stuff to add to my list of things to do!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:26 PM

Im so down for this trip... Once i get my tires and maybe my blazeland kit on haha We'll see
Old 04-11-2011, 05:02 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

I think I am good for this weekend. I'll just have to double check. I'll also see if I can get a buddy to come but I think he'll probably flake.
i pm you my number .. call me .. lets go !
Old 04-12-2011, 07:06 AM

Sick! you should paint your Valve cover while its off! add a little bling to that 400k mile 22re... she sure deserves it. lol
paint is not efficant for transferring heat,so no bling. I need to wash the hell out of my engine with all the oil on it now though. Oh and to clue you in, its going on 414K now, lol.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:27 AM

paint is not efficant for transferring heat,so no bling. I need to wash the hell out of my engine with all the oil on it now though. Oh and to clue you in, its going on 414K now, lol.
go get it powdercoated then! lol my budbuilt skid plate was 75 bucks... a valve cover would probably be like 30... or 40
Old 04-12-2011, 11:34 AM

If anyone wants to head down by San Jose me and rma are going to just go for the day. 8:30 San Jose until whenever. So if you wanna go highonpottery you might be able to get those cabinets ordered Sunday.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 AM

go get it powdercoated then! lol my budbuilt skid plate was 75 bucks... a valve cover would probably be like 30... or 40
Ceramics is even less efficient at heat transfer then paint, lol. You are too much into bling my friend. A 7mge is the only bling I need under the hood. When that time comes I can not claim 400k+ miles, which sucks.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:07 PM

Ceramics is even less efficient at heat transfer then paint, lol. You are too much into bling my friend. A 7mge is the only bling I need under the hood. When that time comes I can not claim 400k+ miles, which sucks.
go get it wrapped in Nomex and Kevlar then! lol my skid plate was 200 bucks... a valve cover would probably be like 100... or 150
Old 04-13-2011, 09:19 PM

all of my bling will be under the tranny tunnel with triple shifters connected to it.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

forget the bling kieth come down saturday lets take a cruise to this mine man..
Old 04-13-2011, 09:49 PM

:(

yeah im a little disappointed in the yotatech crew and their lack of offroading commitment. Me and Robert I guess will be the only ones representing.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

chris theres a couple other memebers close by im gonna email them see what happens .. im sure kieth will be here
Old 04-13-2011, 10:20 PM

I would be there...if it wasnt for work
Old 04-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by RMA
forget the bling kieth come down saturday lets take a cruise to this mine man..
yeah im a little disappointed in the yotatech crew and their lack of offroading commitment. Me and Robert I guess will be the only ones representing.
Originally Posted by RMA
chris theres a couple other memebers close by im gonna email them see what happens .. im sure kieth will be here
I would love to be there, I totally love exploring new places. I have a few obligations I need to take care of at the moment. First of all, for the next nine weeks I have soccer to attend. I know I'm going on 31 and still pay soccer. Its fun playing with a bunch of old farts,lol. This is my first season and I have not played for 16 years. Second I have some maintenance to take care of on my yota and my younger bro's Custom Cab. I have a valve cover gasket to replace on mine. Also have to chase some threads on my exhaust manifold where the flange meets, to fix a small exhaust leak. I have been chasing down the exhaust leak for a while. My bro needs a new carrier bearing and he is having difficulty removing the drive shaft. So he offered too buy me lunch if i do it for him. Sunday I have made plans to meet up with Space-junk to lend him my tranny jack adaptor. Thirdly, I have quite a bit of money to save to be able to afford what I need to fit the dual T-case. Plus, due to the constant threat of layoffs and working for the School district. I am saving to go back to School this fall to start the welding cert. program. I need another trade on top of what I have already earned with Finishing. So I can continue to fund my living and keep my options open. I have been doing a lot of research and welding is really the only industry that is expanding in these down times. Gas prices are not helping either. This weekend is pretty full for me. just make sure you take the time to document your route and what you discover. So all those who can not attend and share with the experience you guys have, will be able to enjoy the pics and vids from the web. wheeling position.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 PM

me and stockwell need to represent for the 3rd gens lol

Quick Reply: Squaw Ridge/Pardoes Trail August 27-28 2011