Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Nor Cal Toyota owners

Old 03-12-2009, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OutlawMike
I grew up in Eureka, now in Santa Rosa. Graduated from EHS in '89.

I'm interested. I deer hunt up off 36 in the Six Rivers National Forest.

Mike
This is a very beautiful area!!! what do you know about Rattlesnake Creek?
I am trying to learn as much about the area as possible.

There is a road that starts at Ruth lake and switch backs all over till you come out at Covelo and then down from there into Paskenta and Corning or even Elk Creek down into Willows. This will mean that some people have a sort drive to the start and some people have a short drive home.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:28 PM

www.trails.com

i've also posted a thread for a trip a bunch of us are taking to Iowa Hill Loop, which is right near auburn. Check it out. Beautiful locaiton.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:01 PM

here is the route i am considering. most of this will be just dirt road driving so i am also trying to find a more rugged area to go. I know a good portion of the area on the ending half and it can get fun but from there i am still working it out.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?wi...ZydG9wPTElN2Uw
Old 03-12-2009, 05:34 PM

I am in
Old 03-12-2009, 05:43 PM

and I have gas money.... if... if... if... THEN I'M THERE!!! lol
hey toylocost I'm in exactly the same boat. If i can in any way possibly be there I'm in. I may even be able to get my new tires on by then. If my job goes well.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:02 PM

Well i am in the middle of a motor swap...

When i get it done i am down!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:50 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
hey, tolocost, your truck not running??

and to those of you who dont have any wheeling experience, its ok, i dont have too much either, but thats the reason for doing runs... to get experience...

anyways, im down for whatever as long as its not tooo far away...

another option, if y'all just wanna get together, is Prairie City OHV Park... its between Folsom, CA and Sloughhouse, CA... its a nice park with somewhere near 200 acres of 4x4 only playground including rock gardens, an uphill obstacle course, deep narrow gulleys and lots and lots of mud...

Last edited by space-junk; 03-13-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: not 20 acres... 200 acres...
Old 03-12-2009, 06:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lotalucas
hey toylocost I'm in exactly the same boat. If i can in any way possibly be there I'm in. I may even be able to get my new tires on by then. If my job goes well.
Originally Posted by space-junk
hey, tolocost, your truck not running??
Read my sig... lol. I'm jobless right now so what it comes down to is if I am able to get a job and fix the truck with enough time to spare then I will go. Most likley a no go though.

Last edited by toylocost; 03-16-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:45 PM

Hey guys. I see some of you may have issues going on a long trip like this. That's cool though. If you can make it ur welcome if not, I garrantee it won't be the last. I am thinking that the guy that posted for the 4x4 park may be onto something as well. Maybe a short run might be a better idea for a short go. Anyone ever heard of hogsback out of redbluff Ca? It would be more challenging as well. Be a good way to test a rig. Let me know which sounds better to you all. It's not just my trip and I'd like everyones input!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:23 AM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by toylocost
Read my sig... lol. I'm jobless right now so what it comes down to is if I am able to get a job and fix the truck with enough time to spare then I will go. Most likley a no go though.
well, if you wanted to ride in the back of the runner whenever this thing gets planned, your more than welcome... the girlfriend will be in the passenger seat otherwise it'd be all yours...

oh, and you better like heavy breathing in your ears and having your neck licked...

we take our dog...
Old 03-13-2009, 09:34 AM

I doubt my wife will go either so that leaves a seat open in my rig. The rear will most likely have all my camp gear in it.
One nice thing about the Hogsback area is that you can go in from the back side and get into a camp spot. Setup and then go wheeling all over the country. (Except the wilderness area) peligreen jeep trail takes off from their as well. It's short but tecnical. Last year seen a ford go in with a bed and come out with nareld steel. Tons of side roads and bring a fishin pole.
Still no word from anyone about what they'd rather do. 160 ish mile expedition type or 22+ miles with lots of off shoot roads.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by space-junk
well, if you wanted to ride in the back of the runner whenever this thing gets planned, your more than welcome... the girlfriend will be in the passenger seat otherwise it'd be all yours...

oh, and you better like heavy breathing in your ears and having your neck licked...

we take our dog...
Haha. I think i'll pass. Just crossing my fingers for a job.

I might be able to scrounge enough cash together for the parts but I still need to have it smogged and taken off non-op, and if I got that far I still wouldnt be able to afford insurance so I'll probly be joining you guys next time. (still crossing my fingers though, lol)

Old 03-13-2009, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by John101477
I doubt my wife will go either so that leaves a seat open in my rig. The rear will most likely have all my camp gear in it.
One nice thing about the Hogsback area is that you can go in from the back side and get into a camp spot. Setup and then go wheeling all over the country. (Except the wilderness area) peligreen jeep trail takes off from their as well. It's short but tecnical. Last year seen a ford go in with a bed and come out with nareld steel. Tons of side roads and bring a fishin pole.
Still no word from anyone about what they'd rather do. 160 ish mile expedition type or 22+ miles with lots of off shoot roads.
I'd prefer the long one but I'm probly not going so someone else needs to chime in. lol

Old 03-13-2009, 04:11 PM

Yeah the Hogs back would be a great short run with enough trails to play for the weekend. The long run would be just as nice but a lot less tecnical. I like both so all you guys that said your interested let me know!
Old 03-13-2009, 04:46 PM

nor cal run

Originally Posted by John101477
Hey I just wanted to hear from all of you norcal toyota owners that are here.
I am kinda interested in puting together a few runs this year if some others are interested. One I would like to do is across the western divide road from Hwy 36 to Covelo or even maybe beyond. and maybe a high lakes run in the spring. I would like to get a decent sized group for this and really make them nice, safe, fun trips.

Any takers? I know some guys that do a trip called the Dog Knot. It is supposed to be a fun run but they are more interested in V-8 powered trucks. maybe be able to get something from them as to thier route
yeah im interested....im in paradise ca by chico...when and where?
Old 03-13-2009, 05:28 PM

Last weekend of may is when it is. I am trying to decide between a 160 mile expedition type trip from Ruth lake at hwy 36 to orland by way of covelo or a 22 mile technical trip out of Red Bluff up Hogsback rd. Through the peligreen jeep trail.

What's your thoughts?
Old 03-13-2009, 05:44 PM

my thoughts......

highlakes!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by 904_runner
my thoughts......

highlakes!

Highlakes are nice but maybe to tecnical for somen been a long time since I have been up there. Plus at that time there are a ton of other clubs running it. For those that don't know the high lakes run starts near Paradise Ca. It is very fun and has some great places to camp. It is really a nice area though and a GREAT place to wheel!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:06 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
So the last weekend in may , sounds good I really dont care if its the short trip or long one lets just go.
Are we all going to camp at a certain spot or are we all on are own after the ride .
Will there be places to fish.( Just Bought My liscence)
I will probably head up on friday , I am assuming this ride will be on saturday.
I will camp friday at my property near whiskeytown lake , and meet you guys on saturday.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:46 PM

x2 on the last weekend in May. I will be out of school by then.
and x2 on the will there be places to fish? If I go my buddy that is coming with always loves to fish. He will go anywhere if you tell him there is fishing involved lol.

Last edited by toylocost; 03-16-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nor Cal Toyota owners