Notices
Buying & Selling Advice - Feeler/Gauging Interest This general forum is for those seeking information about buying, model features/differences, pricing to sell, and related advice

HELP!! 1979 FJ40 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!! 1979 FJ40 for sale

I have a chance to purchase a 1979 FJ40 Land Cruiser for $9880. It has 91K original miles with the F2 engine. Seems to be in pretty good condition I just wanted to find out from you guys if the price is reasonable? Here's a link to more photos.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...979-fj40-sale/
Old 05-18-2012, 07:02 AM

I don't know anything about Land Cruisers, but that thing is sweet.

I would buy it if I had the money.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:35 AM

79 is kinda rare for fj40's anymore, the price is not bad if it were in original condition. This truck looks like its had some work done to it that wasnt the best. Its missing some original parts. It should have the short jump seats, the defrost vents by the doors and some other things. The rear floor looks to be replace with flat metal also. This year of fj had the thinner metal and was more prone to rust issues. check for rust around the whole rear of the yub and make sure it was repaired correctly (doesnt look like it to me) It has been painted and it doesnt look like the best job on the body work. The hard top and ambulance doors look correct and the mirrors do also, missing alot of the dash foam. It will need new rear springs as they are pretty saggy. It looks pretty good for the price if the rust is not horrendous. good luck
Old 05-18-2012, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by trucruiser
79 is kinda rare for fj40's anymore, the price is not bad if it were in original condition. This truck looks like its had some work done to it that wasnt the best. Its missing some original parts. It should have the short jump seats, the defrost vents by the doors and some other things. The rear floor looks to be replace with flat metal also. This year of fj had the thinner metal and was more prone to rust issues. check for rust around the whole rear of the yub and make sure it was repaired correctly (doesnt look like it to me) It has been painted and it doesnt look like the best job on the body work. The hard top and ambulance doors look correct and the mirrors do also, missing alot of the dash foam. It will need new rear springs as they are pretty saggy. It looks pretty good for the price if the rust is not horrendous. good luck

Thanks for the quick advice. The guy selling it said he bought it from a military guy who brought it back from south america so that may be why some of the parts are missing because its not from north america. I just checked it out in person and it seemed to be in decent condition and rode well. It's definitely a new paint job because on the firewall you could tell it was painted red at one point.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:08 AM

based on the pics, walk away and send me all the sellers contact info....lol Looks like a deal to me!