California SoCal California SoCal Chapter

Good Southern California Toyota Service Centers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Southern California Toyota Service Centers

I have a 1995 4runner 3vze 4wd. Per the title, are there any good recommendations on service centers in Southern California around the Los Angeles area. I am due for my 60,000 mile service, and according to the manual it needs belt replacements, valve clearance adjustments, idle speed adjustments, and all other stuff that comes with the 60,000 mile territory. I don't want to take it blindingly to just any dealer and have them service it. Can anyone provide any service experiences with dealers? All replies are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:41 AM

i used to take my 87 runner to a place in chino. it's an independant garage called tri auto. the guy that runs the place used to run or work at the dealership or something. anyway, he is a toyota certified master technician and he specializes in toyotas. he also does hondas, acuras, and lexus and i'm not sure about other japanese cars.

the only issues i've had with him are steering. he put in a new steering box for me once and the steering wheel was never really the same.... always pulled to one side. then he did an outer tie rod end for me RIGHT after i got an alignment and messed that up. (but i guess that's partly my fault because i should have had him do that BEFORE the alignment).

overall it's a good shop and he's a cool guy. his name is danny and here's the number to his shop: (909) 465 6422. tell him alan with the rolled over 4runner sent you jk

he's located on central and g street off either the 71 or the 60 in chino. dunno how far that is for you, but i just thought i'd chime in and give my 2 cents.

take care and merry christmas!

Last edited by alanbobalan; 12-23-2005 at 12:42 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member

Where do you live?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:11 AM

i live in chino hills. it's right between the inland empire and orange county... on the border of san bernardino county and orage county. i live right off the 71 free way.

there is also a really good service center in chino hills that specializes in all japanese imports. i used to work there for a little bit, so i can say from personal experience that the mechanics there are really good. the guy that runs the shop is sort of a nut, but he's a good mechanic nonetheless and so are his workers. the shop is called the chino hills service center and the phone number is (909) 597-7119 and their website is http://www.chinohillsservice.com

also one last shop that is really good, but they do work on more american cars and restoring old classic cars and what not. but they do routine maintanence and repair too. they'll fix any car. they can pretty much do anything! but i would recommend one of the above shops for your toyota if you are looking for a specality (sp?) shop. i don't the number for this shop, but i can get it if anyone is interested.

take care and merry christmas to all!!! :xmas13:

-alan

Last edited by alanbobalan; 12-23-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Contributing Member

This has come up two times already but in different locations.
Places people have suggested: Longo Toyota, ProTrux (San Marcos), San Diego Trux (San Diego), etc.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:01 AM

claremont toyota is good too, overall.- from my experience
Old 01-01-2006, 08:53 PM

Inland trucks in Murietta