0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Planning another trip before my SAS

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by colsoncj
We have access to a grill. its BYO food and drink. If you can bring a little charcoal or charcoal lighter thats good, if not, no biggie.

My crew and I are arriving 4-6 ish, as is Hans and Gary. It would be best to call me or hans when you get close to cass, or when you reach cass. i think everyone has my cell number. I could give you exact directions, but I dont know for sure. if anyone needs anything, call me.
I'll pick up some charcoal and lighter fluid and stuff after I change my c/v boot tomorrow morning

We'll probably be down there the same time... its about an hour from here and Eric (my passenger) gets off 4-ish. I'll give you a call.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:33 AM

If all else fails, wander on down to Turner Bend store and I'm sure someone from our group will find you... eventually.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

What trails are yall running? It looks like I might be able to come down for a ride along if nothing else but I can probably wheel a little if I'm carefull. We will see I'm just thinking.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dunno.... Anthony, you got my cell #?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member

Yep I do so I'll call you if I make it down.

I might be bringing my new runner though cause I'm trying to sell my current one.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

Jen and I will be headed out about 6-7 tonight... I get out of here at 4 and get to go pack and she gets off at 5ish but probably not home until closer to 6...
Old 07-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Contributing Member

It was a good trip. It was filled with lots of body damage, a rollover, and a few almosts for Hans and I. Keith's truck did awesome, as did John's truck, which continually shows how well a almost stock truck can do with a daring driver. Gary also found out how capable his rig was, following Hans and I down some pretty hairy trails. Also got to watch a buggy and a jeep run pure hell and got it on video, including the carnage. I'm sure I'm missing some things, and hopefully we'll get some pics and a damage report soon.

Last edited by colsoncj; 07-29-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Contributing Member

Damage pics

Heres some pics of the new damage to my truck I took after unloading it:

Rear corner from trying to roll it and being saved by a tree:

Tree lovin:

Roll-over and tree loving:

Old 07-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member

Wish I could have made it sounds like I missed out on all kinds of fun.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

Oh and I forgot, in a pinch chainsaw bar oil can double as t-case fluid, and to get it into the t-case, you cut a small round hole in the lid, stick a straw in it and squeeze it like a juice box squirting the fluid in the t-case.... now you know
Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 PM

The most impressive thing I see in that set of pictures is a vehicle in your garage. And it's a running one!

Hey, this time your tail light saved you from rolling over, as opposed to saving me from rolling over. I don't know if you can count that as a full flop... more like a 3/4 flop. Did you get a reading off of the inclinometer coming out of there or were you too busy clinching your butt cheeks?

I missed the lovin' there by the fuel door, did that happen on the last trail?

Oh, and I forgot to mention you crunched your passenger side rocker some crawling over that big log on the final run.

Amazing as it may be... other than Gary kissing a pair of trees with his passenger side front fender, Cory's was the only damage the entire trip! My truck is actually in better shape now than it was when I left home thanks to some impromptu duct taping

And the camping food finally completed it's journey Sunday morning. I had people coming over to look at the house so I went to Taco Bell for lunch and plugged up their toilet

Last edited by Cargun; 07-29-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Cargun
The most impressive thing I see in that set of pictures is a vehicle in your garage. And it's a running one!

Hey, this time your tail light saved you from rolling over, as opposed to saving me from rolling over. I don't know if you can count that as a full flop... more like a 3/4 flop. Did you get a reading off of the inclinometer coming out of there or were you too busy clinching your butt cheeks?

I missed the lovin' there by the fuel door, did that happen on the last trail?

Oh, and I forgot to mention you crunched your passenger side rocker some crawling over that big log on the final run.

Amazing as it may be... other than Gary kissing a pair of trees with his passenger side front fender, Cory's was the only damage the entire trip! My truck is actually in better shape now than it was when I left home thanks to some impromptu duct taping

And the camping food finally completed it's journey Sunday morning. I had people coming over to look at the house so I went to Taco Bell for lunch and plugged up their toilet
I didnt get a look at the inclinometer... Will and I were thinking about it after the fact and thought we should have got a picture of it.

The lovin by the fuel door is a two part, most if it was from floppin, but it was finished off by a tree.

I will say kudos to Gary, he did a great job not getting any damage. And the duct tape work on Hans' is quite impressive. I had some nice duct tape work on my front drivers, but that was before knocking everything off with a tree.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Contributing Member

Here's my pics... no particular order...

Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by colsoncj
I didnt get a look at the inclinometer... Will and I were thinking about it after the fact and thought we should have got a picture of it.

The lovin by the fuel door is a two part, most if it was from floppin, but it was finished off by a tree.

I will say kudos to Gary, he did a great job not getting any damage. And the duct tape work on Hans' is quite impressive. I had some nice duct tape work on my front drivers, but that was before knocking everything off with a tree.
Well, Gary didn't damage anything that wasn't already damaged. I think this trip accounted for the 3rd and 4th impacts that passenger front fender has sustained. And I forgot about Keith's early run-in with a tree. But I think that was on purpose in order to get some symmetry going on, right?

When you laid it over in that mudhole I don't think you damaged your rear fender much. All it did was bend some of the rust down by the chrome trim. All that denting of solid sheetmetal had to have been tree-related.

We should modify the inclinometer so it alerts you to a roll. There would be nothing funnier than flopping your rig and then having a flashing "stability" light come on and a female voice saying "Please return your vehicle to the upright and locked position in preperation for landing".
Old 07-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

We should modify the inclinometer so it alerts you to a roll. There would be nothing funnier than flopping your rig and then having a flashing "stability" light come on and a female voice saying "Please return your vehicle to the upright and locked position in preperation for landing".

Now that is funny we gotta work on that.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:07 AM

Good pics Keith... but I can't see the videos because I have dial up and home and "web sense" at work. Damn technology.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Contributing Member

Good pics Keith... but I can't see the videos because I have dial up and home and "web sense" at work. Damn technology.
Video? ha! I saw those last two were different but the quality was lower so I assumed it was from a crappy phone camera!

Vids rool!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member

And now, in the order they were taken...

Sorry we didn't have more, but someone forgot the memory card, and then didn't reduce the image size on the camera... oh well, it's all good stuff.

Not a whole lot of truck pictures but then we went to enjoy the outdoors just as much as the trucks, right?

Old 08-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the new avatar John!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:32 AM
Contributing Member

sah-weet!

I wish it showed the waterline covering up your broken taillight on that corner, but oh well.

Quick Reply: Planning another trip before my SAS