0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Planning another trip before my SAS

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Planning another trip before my SAS

Well, due to Hans moving in the future, my emminent front end failure, and the desire for at least one more wheeling trip before he takes off, I'd like to plan a trip.

I have a buddy with a Jeep YJ that would be in, as long as its soon, hes getting ready to swap some 1 ton's and a 351 V8 in it.

My first thought is Disney again, so we can get back to wherever the heck we were at last time to figure out where it goes.... but I'm open to suggestions. Also open to suggestions on the date, so lets here em. Date wise I was lookin at the weekends of July 20th, July 27th, Aug 3rd or Aug 17th.

Hans, we also need to get Gary to go on this one. Also looks like John may be in for comin too, as long as its sooner than later on the dates.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be in Alabama Aug. 11 - 17th, and thats already a week off in Aug... so July 20th or 27th would be best for me.

Hans, are you moving for work? I think i remember something about moving when we were bending your door back out last Disney trip...

Might have a buddy with an XJ. He just bought it, and its also his DD so he might ride w/ me if he comes.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member

The July timeframe works better for me too...

Keith it would be awesome to see you come out.. my Jeep buddy needs to see more Toyotas in action. You been doin alright?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

I may be in just set a date and I'll let you know I'm in the process of selling my 4runner and buying Fink's he is getting an 08 tacoma but we will see what happens.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:00 PM

July 27th works good for me. I wouldn't mind running some of the new trails at Cass that they're cutting.

I don't think your clutch would like Gruber.

Flat Nasty may to be far for everyone.

Superlift is kind of expensive... but they have some awesome trails! I don't know if I mentioned it, but Gary and I took his Jeep down there a couple weekend ago and beat on it. All the trails are cut wide so you people with fancy paint jobs will be OK. I want to take my rig to Superlift before I head out.

How about D-day? Or the Fort Scott park?

I think Poteau, Cavanna, Clayton, and that other one I'm forgetting are mostly hardcore stuff. Not much for the 33" DD crowd.

We could do the dunes in western OK... but we are a group of Toyota's

Last edited by Cargun; 07-03-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:00 PM

Sell it? Hell, turn it into a trail rig!

Originally Posted by ADH8796
I may be in just set a date and I'll let you know I'm in the process of selling my 4runner and buying Fink's he is getting an 08 tacoma but we will see what happens.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Contributing Member

Anthony, what do you want for it?

The closer the better for me, but I'm open to just about anything within 100 miles or so... The clutch is pretty toasty on mine right now, so I'm going to say no to gruber.... My Jeep buddy says he wants to go to Disney. How expensive is Superlift? D-Day or Ft Scott may not be bad... The cheaper the better, and Id prefer somewhere that allows night wheelin... I know Ft Scott doesnt, dont know about the others.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

Corey, I'm asking $10,000 here is the thread where it is up for sale and it lists all the mods and all that crap.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f108...w-pics-119218/

PM me if you know anyone who would be interested. Thanks man!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Contributing Member

You dont by chance have the rear cargo cover for it still do you? I've been looking for one for mine, and I'm waiting for someone doing the rollbar swap to donate one to me! I'll send some feelers out to see if I can help sell it.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

No I sure don't man sorry if I did it would be all yours. But thanks for speading the word on my rig. I probably wont be ready to sell for another few weeks but I figured I could post a feeler.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:25 PM

Superlift kicks you off the trails at sundown. If you actually wheel during the day instead of ummm..... replacing hub bearings and stuff.... you can get a lot done during daylight though.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, yes.....
Old 07-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Cargun
Superlift kicks you off the trails at sundown. If you actually wheel during the day instead of ummm..... replacing hub bearings and stuff.... you can get a lot done during daylight though.
. Good stuff.

I just asked Sat. the 28th off, so hopefully that day works for everyone else, AND i get approved. Would only be able to do a one day trip this time, but lets get it done.

EDIT: Just read over this again... Friday the 27th might be do-able, wasn't/still not sure if everyone means "weekend of the 27th" or actually "Friday the 27th".

Last edited by Exeter; 07-04-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Contributing Member

27th-29th works for me. I dont know when we would be able to head down, be it Friday morning or Friday evening. Will post up when I find out.

Hows that weekend work for everyone else?
Old 07-04-2007, 06:04 PM

Just thought I would chime in and throw out that Ft. Scott is doing a night run 7-28. I hate to sound like I am trying to sell Ft. Scott. I'm not. I know that cargun and Colsoncj had posted on the trip I was trying to plan for this weekend.
(It doesn't look like it is going to happen.)

Anyways, If you wouldn't mind a stock 92 4runner newbie, his wife, and maybe a yellow lab or two tagging along I would like to join you.

As far as not selling Ft. Scott goes. The night run is guided, and it is on Sat. Sounds like that might rule it out of your plans. Also they are only open on Sat and Sun. Sounds like some of you are maybe wanting to do stuff on Fri. That would knock it off your list also.
So now that I have killed the place that is closest to me. I will keep an eye on the thread and if you don't mind I will try to join you wherever you end going. Hopefully it has some trails suitable for a stock 4runner. But from other Threads it sounds like most places have some mild trails.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:58 PM

I'm off Friday as well that weekend, but I probably need to mow the lawn and clean the house. Or maybe not.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

mpierson, we would love to have you and the fam (dogs are family) come along! Sorry I cant make the July 7th trip... trying to catchup with housework and trying to preserve my front end long enough to make one or two more good trips with everyone.

Ft Scott doesnt sound bad to me, although I do like non-guided tours better than guided.... for those who can remember that chevy blazer the last time at Byrds...

Most of the places we go have plenty of trails for stock trucks on up, so there will be plenty for ya!

I'm off Friday too, and looks like will is willing to take a full or partial day.... Raymond (jeep buddy) can take a full or partial as well... I guess the question is, where are we goin?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by colsoncj
27th-29th works for me. I dont know when we would be able to head down, be it Friday morning or Friday evening. Will post up when I find out.

Hows that weekend work for everyone else?
My buddy gets of work that Friday around 3:45-ish, so unless he gets time off (unlikely) that's when we will head out. Girlfriend will be a possibility also, depends on her parents.

As far as where we go, I have no preference.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Contributing Member

Since no one can decided, I added a poll to figure out where we are goin.... let the voting begin. If I need to add another place, let me know!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Contributing Member

Hmmm... Jen said she wanted to go but I don't think she wants to buy me a set of 4 ply tires. I'm tired of blowing out sidewalls and such, plus parents said they're selling their place and I have stuff to move up from Guthrie, and I have to figure out what to do with that old 'Burban. So despite wanting to go, I will probably have to sit out on this one too.

Hope everybody has fun though!

Quick Reply: Planning another trip before my SAS