4ROC This forum is for the discussion of a world wide 4Runner Club with separate chapters for each state

results from voting...

Old 11-18-2002, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
results from voting...

As voted on by the YotaTech masses...

81+% voted 4ROC to be the name of the club.

87+% voted that it should be a club for both on-road and off-road owners.

There was some decent support for including Tacos and Minis in the club, cruisers got some votes and the other Toyota Trucks/SUVs got an honerable mention. So, my suggestion would be to mimic TTORA on this one... let's make the club specific to 4Runners, but other Toyota rigs can join on a case by case basis, i.e. any 4Runner owner is automatically in if they request membership. Other Toyota owners can request memebership, and a "4ROC governing body" can make decisions on a case by case basis. Also, let's not forget that Tacos/Minis and Landcruisers already have their own clubs...

That's just my opinion... thoughts?
Old 11-18-2002, 05:44 AM
Contributing Member

sounds good to me.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:14 AM

Sound like a plan. If i can help in any way let me know.

Steve Foote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:46 AM
Contributing Member

I'm down with that let's get this thing rolling! I want a T-shirt!
Old 11-19-2002, 04:03 PM

me too, lets get this thing rolling
Old 11-19-2002, 09:13 PM

So. Where do we go from here guys. Sure would be cool to actually get these stickers made.

I second Genes design.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:34 PM

Good evaluation. I agee completely with the "case-by-case" idea considering the existence of other clubs and also the fact that this is the 4Runner Owners Club.

Im not sure about 4Runner owners being "automatically" in the club. Seems like we'd have alot of people joining but not participating in anything. Maybe have people be "trial" members for a few weeks and see how they work with us. I hope I dont sound too strict. I come from a military family where everything is organized. I think we need to have good leadership in the club who will make decisions that might benefit every member of the club.

Also, someone posted on another thread that we shouldnt ever change our rules or regulations to accomidate someone with a different type of vehicle. This club is being established as a 4Runner Owners Club and therefore we shouldnt have to adjust our standards to please a few members with different cars.

Anyways, this is my .02. Whether to listen to it or not is up to you guys. When I look back at this, Im gonna laugh my azz off at how serious I sound. I cant wait to become a member of this club and work to get it on the right track.

Last edited by prolax13; 11-20-2002 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:45 PM

Y también, me gusto mucho el diseño del Gene. La fuente es muy con estilo. Aparecerá bueno en mi ventana más última.

Hasta luego,
David
Old 11-22-2002, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry guys, I'm getting in to this thread a little late, but just wanted to say I'd definitely be in to a 4ROC as y'all have presented it so far.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by prolax13
Y también, me gusto mucho el diseño del Gene. La fuente es muy con estilo. Aparecerá bueno en mi ventana más última.

Hasta luego,
David
Si, David. Me gusto el diseno tambien (pero me gusto el otro diseno popular tambien). Viva el club de 4ROC.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:48 PM

how do you join?

i'm a 4runner owner, i'm pretty hardcore offroad, the 4krawler is basically just for offroad use only. i'd be interested in gettin' some stickers and maybe finding some 4runner offroaders out here in texas. Thanks

Tribal
Old 02-02-2003, 05:51 PM

I second the nature of keeping it strictly 4 runners if it takes off, but there's always the chance to get together with other clubs, and if someone with a taco wants into the club, maybe we could network with other clubs... do shows and meets and runs together per region/state with other clubs? .02 from da hillbilly
Old 02-02-2003, 08:45 PM

I want the sticker eather way!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Contributing Member

Gee, I don't get here too often.. Maybe I will have to start.
I like the name.. very cool, Heck, count me in!!
Old 03-13-2003, 03:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Id like to join as well. My yota only has a couple of offroad mods right now, but it's loud as hell... And I LOVE what little offroading I've done!

Can I join?

steve
Old 03-14-2003, 07:51 PM

Well, as a pickup owner I'd like to join, but, I don't want to impose at all. If you guys want it to be just 4runners in it, then it's no problem, considering most of the people on this board own 4runners and not pickups you won't have much trouble. Just a thought, if you guys want to stick with the name 4ROC, then you probably won't get too much in the way of trucks and cruisers joining. If you want to include everyone, I may suggest that you change the name to something to do with yotatech that way you incorporate everyone who wants to join. It's just an idea, either way you go you'll have my full support.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

i like the sound of it, "4ROC" jus sounds like a mean little organization for 4runners, I would definetely be intrested in joining
Old 03-30-2003, 11:34 PM

Hey guys! I'm new to this BBS. I hang out mostly on the Offroad BBS. This is a great BBS! The 4ROC thing sounds pretty cool.

I don't know if you guys have someone already to make stickers, but a friend of mine owns a sticker making business and I could probably get a sweet deal. He makes high quality die cut decals. (I'm located in the Portland Area) I don't know who is in charge, but if you want his name and number, I can give it to you.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:05 AM

Originally posted by Eighty7ToyTruck
I second the nature of keeping it strictly 4 runners if it takes off, but there's always the chance to get together with other clubs, and if someone with a taco wants into the club, maybe we could network with other clubs... do shows and meets and runs together per region/state with other clubs? .02 from da hillbilly
teh tacoma club, TTORA, is very much against adding non-tacoma owners to their club, fwiw. they rarely do it.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by surlynkid
teh tacoma club, TTORA, is very much against adding non-Tacoma owners to their club, fwiw. they rarely do it.
Well, yes and no. TTORA is a Tacoma club - so they want Tacoma's owners in the club. They do, however, make allowances for a few non-Tacoma members. To quote:
On 9/10/00, the Regional Directors voted to permit a limited number of Non-Tacoma owners to become Honorary Members of TTORA.

These Honorary Members are people who have demonstrated above average interest in the sport of off-roading and environmental conservation AND exemplary support of TTORA.
In the interest of securing the future of both concepts, as well as the future of TTORA, we, the Regional Directors, have hereby decided to grant certain Non-Tacoma owners membership privileges provided they meet the following criteria.

There will be NO exceptions!!!

Each chapter will be permitted only 5 (five) Honorary Members

Persons being considered for Honorary Member status must meet the following requirements:

(1) Applicant must be 18 or older.

(2) Applicant may own any make or model but must be a 4x4 or "prerunner" type rig. This does NOT include AWD cars but may include some Subaru models, AMC Eagles, etc.!

(3) ANY and ALL persons being considered must be approved by the National Directors.

(4) ALL persons being considered must support the club (this means they must be ACTIVELY INVOLVED and not Joe Blow down the street who wouldn't mind if we let him in the club). Chapter President must give a detailed description of how the applicant is supporting the club.

(5) After an Honorary Member is approved, the chapter president must designate the Honorary Members' status on the Chapter Roster with an "H" (in bold type) beside his/her name.

(6) After an Honorary Member is approved, he/she can hold any position up to and including VP but cannot at any time become president if the president steps down.

(7) Honorary status will cease if/when person purchases a Tacoma. Person will then be considered a regular member. The person can, at that time, hold the position of chapter president.

(8) Honorary status may be revoked at any time, for any reason, should the National Directors see fit. The decision must be unanimous and will be FINAL!

In the event that a National Director (assuming said director is also a chapter president) should have an Honorary Member fall under question, he/she shall not be permitted to cast a vote.
I think this is quite reasonable. After all, what good is a club for a specific make and model if make and model does not matter!??!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: results from voting...