4ROC This forum is for the discussion of a world wide 4Runner Club with separate chapters for each state

Chapter website content

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chapter website content

Folks,

This is a thread to share ideas on what the chapter websites should or could contain. Several of us are already messing around with this, with different looks to them.

Current works in progress:

California

New York

North Carolina

So to start the ball rolling, common elements might be:

links to yotatech forums
links to other 4roc chapters
local events
news (may be merged w/ events)
members (signups, search/display)
sponsors/affiliates (current, how to become...)
About 4ROC (charter)
forms (for events, membership, etc)
links/data about 4runner history/faq
members rigs?
modifications
off-road section
- trails
- regs (esp. state specific)
- books/guides relating to same?
- links to other clubs in the area

Thoughts, abuses, contempt anyone?

Last edited by Scottiac; 06-19-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it would make more sense to do this after it's decided if all the chapter pages are going to look the same or not (i.e. use a common template). The only reason I say that is because if we decide to go the template route, not all chapters will have sponsors, local events, etc.. Plus, we have to remember, this club is for on-road 4runners too (or it was last I knew). That means that an off-road section excludes them. To make that mandatory for all chapters might not be the best idea.

At this point, I say keep it as basic as possible. I think you have to have a link back to 4ROC.com (once it's established). I also think each chapter should have a list of it's members, and a way to join the chapter. There should also be a list of other chapters, with links to the websites, if applicable. I think a chapter charter would be good, but it might not need to be a link - it could just be part of the chapter's front page.

After that, I say let each chapter decided what links/content is right for them. Ultimately, the members should decide. If one chapter ends up being primarily on-road, then let them have an link for on-road mods and peformance upgrades if they want.

just my 2 pennies.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Chapter website content

Originally posted by Scottiac

Thoughts, abuses, contempt anyone?
Sound almost as if we renamed YotaTech.com to 4Roc.com we'd be about done with everything.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been havin' the same ole suspicion myself...

Heck, we're already doin' yotatech events, stickers, etc., and we get the great group buys in lieu of "sponsors"...

I better stop thinking now...
Old 06-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Exactly...we have a great tech section detailing mods already, a huge member database with specs and pics which just needs to be sorted by state, a faq and history section, forums with individual forums for each chapter, links section, etc, etc... Just re-name YotaTech take membership fees to support the site and roll out a new sticker for each chapter with a consistent look and we are way more than half way there..... Basically just call YotaTech a club rather than a forum and we are done.

Last edited by jalaber; 06-19-2003 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:15 PM

Allright,

Im going to disregard the last 3 posts.

Here are my thoughts. Ive rearranged them in order that I think they should be listed and also givin my opinion:

local events
news (may be merged w/ events)
Yes, I think they should be merged together.
members (signups, search/display)
I think there should be a "Member" section. This section should be made only available to current 4ROC members, no matter which state, and accessable by their username and password. In this section should be info on the members, as well as the following.
links/data about 4runner history/faq
members rigs?
modifications
off-road section
- trails
- regs (esp. state specific)
- books/guides relating to same?
- links to other clubs in the area
I think member's rigs should be listed with the info on each member. As for modifications, 4runner info, and the off-road section, this should be placed somewhere where only 4ROC members can see it. Ater all, this club is here to benefit its members, not those who are just websurfing.
About 4ROC (charter)
I never thought to put the Charter under this page but I think it would be a great idea. Also, include the history of the chapter and the entire club.
sponsors/affiliates (current, how to become...)
I think this is a great idea, seeing as 4ROC North Carolina already has an official affiliation with an online dealer to make commisions on sales.
links to other 4roc chapters
This should be placed on the main index under the Nav. bar and link to a listing of all 4ROC chapters.
links to yotatech forums
I think there should be a link to the specific chapter's Forum here on Yotatech somewhere in the members section. However, have a link that goes to Yotatech.com in general whereever the webmaster would like.
forms (for events, membership, etc)
I think there should be a form for membership on the main page under the Nav Bar. However, forms for upcoming events, etc should be placed under the Members section where only members can fill them out.

Ok, so heres my quick list of what should be there:
Home Page
News
Member Section
-Events/News (Specifc stuff only for 4ROC members)
-Chapter Forum (Link to the specific Forum here at yotatech)
-Members' Info (Database including info and pics of rigs for each member)
-Links/Info (Links to online sites and info about local/online stuff important for members)
4ROC Registration (form that submits info to email and database)
4ROC History (contains 4ROC's history as well as the Charter)
4ROC Nat'l (or whatever u want to call it. Link to 4ROC.com)
4ROC CHapters (links to all 4ROC chapters)
Sponsors/Affiliates (Links to sponsors and affiliates websites. info on how to become)
and maybe someday...
4ROC Online Store

Yah, I know Im sounding like an , but I dont care. This is the way I think it should be done. Go ahead and flame all u want if u dont like it, I dont care.